Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

A 2007 mondeo would roughly make somewhere between 600-1300 euros depending on milage and condition.

4k is laughable especially as it's the 710 tax and the 1.6 petrol is capable on its own with lower tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1998-mercedes-e200-auto-one-owner/26243447

NmRjNWJhZDI2NmZhYTQ5YzRhYmZiZWIyYTExNDUzOWMMZVFpoShkG2iE0CDqi2TPaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTkyOTk3NzB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I absolutely love this. But is it worth the guts of €4k?

I love those unanswerable questions!

For what it's worth, if I was in a different position than I am currently. If that car was as genuine and honest as the advert suggests. If I had a proper garage for storage. I would go view it and try to buy it for €3k!

Before I get shot;
    I know it'll never be a classic or worth a fortune.
    I know the grey leather is not desirable.
    I know it's a pretty standard model.
    I know the tax is 710.

I could still easily justify buying it!
    Definitely want to own one before they all return to dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I Was VB wrote: »
    Is still think they’re a fresh looking car for nearly a 14 year design.
    I'm not by any means trying to justify the €4k asking price as it is off the charts but on a side note that interior does look pretty upmarket for a run of the mill saloon of that vintage.

W123-80's wrote: »
    I love those unanswerable questions!

For what it's worth, if I was in a different position than I am currently. If that car was as genuine and honest as the advert suggests. If I had a proper garage for storage. I would go view it and try to buy it for €3k!

Before I get shot;
    I know it'll never be a classic or worth a fortune.
    I know the grey leather is not desirable.
    I know it's a pretty standard model.
    I know the tax is 710.

I could still easily justify buying it!
    Definitely want to own one before they all return to dust.
    Ah I don't know if its fair to say it'll never be classic. People probably said the same about the W124 or even the W123 not too long back and you will probably pay enough for a good one now. I appreciate that the W210 is likely lacking the older world charm of the previous model over engineered Mercedes and rust is a major problem but get the right one at the right price and I could only imagine you won't stand to loose anything if you keep it right. I do remember not too long back you would almost struggle to give one of those W210's away.

It does look a bit like the one in the ad above is part of the sellers clear out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I'm currently sitting here planning for respraying a W202 C180 Elegance. I could be mad. I'd love one of the E Class tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

I'll tell you how dreamer that Fiat is, Deane Motors sold one for less this year.

This is one of the funniest replies I've ever seen on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Ah I don't know if its fair to say it'll never be classic. People probably said the same about the W124 or even the W123 not too long back and you will probably pay enough for a good one now. I appreciate that the W210 is likely lacking the older world charm of the previous model over engineered Mercedes and rust is a major problem but get the right one at the right price and I could only imagine you won't stand to loose anything if you keep it right. I do remember not too long back you would almost struggle to give one of those W210's away.

It does look a bit like the one in the ad above is part of the sellers clear out!

I think you kind of answered why it won't be a classic!

It lacks the refined charm of the W123 & W124, bit most importantly it is susceptible to rust and is not over engineered in the same way the previous models were.
    That being said, I do agree good ones are thin on the ground and are only going to get scarcer so there will be a certain amount of interest in them. But nothing compared to its predecessors.
    If I really wanted to get philosophical I think the day of the old world motor is almost done, the likes of this W201 bridging the divide between those two worlds.
    I don't for a second see a 2010 E Class or C Class holding the same interest in 10 years time as that W201 or the W202 C Class. It's just the way it's gone.
    It's brand new shiney cars for everyone, bland SUV's that reverse themselves, cheap tax and cheap insurance.
    Ce la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭littlevillage

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1998-mercedes-e200-auto-one-owner/26243447

NmRjNWJhZDI2NmZhYTQ5YzRhYmZiZWIyYTExNDUzOWMMZVFpoShkG2iE0CDqi2TPaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTkyOTk3NzB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I absolutely love this. But is it worth the guts of €4k?

Drivers seat bolster, seems a bit worn and steering wheel seems a bit shiny or a 51k mile car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Talks a good fight in the add but still overpriced..

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-335d-m-sport-360bhp-top-spec/26394530

• Registered Users Posts: 82,510 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

keano25 wrote: »

A weekend spin in a diesel, who says romance is dead :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

A weekend spin in a diesel, who says romance is dead :pac:

No wonder they blew the engine not known for chain issues 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Mjolnir wrote: »
    No wonder they blew the engine not known for chain issues ��

More than the chain issue can cause a blown engine ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I don't think he's too far off, definitely a 12k car at the very least. With vrt and nox you would be doing well to get a 335d in to the country any cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ordinaryfella

Appreciate it may cost more to bring in similar, but I don't think that means they are worth that. You can get a petrol 335 for 8k-ish, and surely that's a much better weekend car!

Appreciate it may cost more to bring in similar, but I don't think that means they are wroth that. You can get a petrol 335 for 8k-ish, and surely that's a much better weekend car!

You can get an e46 m3 for similar money to that 335d
    If its a "weekend" car surely you'd take an m3

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A 335d is not a weekend car no matter what that dude Sinead says. Also seller goes on talking about thousands spent on it yet sticks up 5 crap photos.

bazz26 wrote: »
    A 335d is not a weekend car no matter what that dude Sinead says. Also seller goes on talking about thousands spent on it yet sticks up 5 crap photos.

Buy diesel, use as weekend car logic!
    That colour is a nightmare too, gorgeous when clean and sparkling, dreary and dull as anything with the slightest but of dirt
    Didn't the come as 280 odd hp too curious where they pulled the extra 80ish from.

Any ad that has the line that goes something like...

"First of all, not in rush to sell, but considering it"

...especially so soon into the ad, I would be inclined to move on. You can be sure the car is overpriced and seller is showing themselves to be the timewaster for the most part.

Sinead calls herself fubu on Adverts.ie I see. The ad is listed 1 week ago there and no comments yet on it which is probably not a great sign, even if it is adverts,ie.

Any ad that has the line that goes something like...

"First of all, not in rush to sell, but considering it"

...especially so soon into the ad, I would be inclined to move on. You can be sure the car is overpriced and seller is showing themselves to be the timewaster for the most part.

Sinead calls herself fubu on Adverts.ie I see. The ad is listed 1 week ago there and no comments yet on it which is probably not a great sign, even if it is adverts,ie.

I personally love the aul considering selling, just testing the waters, will happily keep
    Translation i know its overpriced but give me what I want.

The best I've seen is not for sale just gauging interest - eh yea ok pal

I don't think he's too far off, definitely a 12k car at the very least. With vrt and nox you would be doing well to get a 335d in to the country any cheaper.

They're all 5k minimum to clear. The price on that isn't far off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

They're all 5k minimum to clear. The price on that isn't far off.

Price of VRT might make it expensive to import, but doesn't raise the value of it here by much. You would import a nice 2013 330d for that money which will map to similar power and with the newer box be every bit as fast as an E90 35d.

Combine that with the fact it has 150k miles and I think you'd do very well to get 10k for it.

millington wrote: »
    Price of VRT might make it expensive to import, but doesn't raise the value of it here by much. You would import a nice 2013 330d for that money which will map to similar power and with the newer box be every bit as fast as an E90 35d.

Combine that with the fact it has 150k miles and I think you'd do very well to get 10k for it.

There are f30 330d on done deal for similar price and you're not wrong wouldn't take a lot of tinkering to up the power.

100% agree cost to vrt is irrelevant, we all know you'd find a clean example on its original engine with less miles and clear it for less than 15k

millington wrote: »

Fair point. I'm comparing it to other e90s. A look on donedeal says your right, you could get an f30 330d for not much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

And what does my head in with the BMW add is it's up for 15k and no interior pictures besides an upclose of a cheap Chinese android screen.. come on make an effort..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

€15k for a 2009 335d with 150k miles and a swapped engine? Nah.

It was the original engine at 79k miles, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Am I missing something here. Yes it is clean, but is it worth 20k, its not even a camper, just a bus.

NSP20v5.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/volkswagen-caravelle-vw-t3-caravelle-carat-full/25720323

• Registered Users Posts: 15,336 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That would look really nice if it didn't have those wheels & tyres on it. (edit: and that stupid looking exhaust)

I'm not sure what the original wheels would be like, but they'd be a damn sight better than those monstrosities...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

It is also LHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Vittu

Before too much criticism, this VW was in a magazine. Magazine appearance adds 10k to value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-landcruiser-6-cylinder-diesel-quick-sale/26222087

Has this been posted?

I'm all for an overpriced toyota like..... but jeeesus

Advertisement