Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

It’s hardly fit as a hen house

Yep - they're feckin tiny inside. Quails maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Strange times with serious performance cars from the 90's, they are making huge money. That thing would need a fortune of time and money to get running however.

Its worth at least a few grand in spare parts the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Mjolnir wrote: »
    I personally love the aul considering selling, just testing the waters, will happily keep
    Translation i know its overpriced but give me what I want.

The best I've seen is not for sale just gauging interest - eh yea ok pal

I once rang about a car with that line in it, asked loads of nonsense questions on every conceivable thing I could think of. After about 10 minutes, I knew the entire car history inside/out and yer man says 'so what ya think, are ya interested? ' to which I replied, 'not an ounce which is good as your only gauging interest and not selling anyway' and hung up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

This is dear even on UK plates €6300. Yes it is low mileage for age but it is the lowest spec engine for these the 1.8

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1996-toyota-celica-st-with-56000-miles/26548937

M2I2N2VjOWY0OGM1YmZiZGY5MTJiY2RmNWE3MzkxY2GqgQVuYXRd29hd3G3cECNZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjI2NzI4OTV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Absolute dreamer, its a nice car but i'd say he will struggle to get €2000 for it and then you have VRT/Nox on top of that...its not going anywhere anytime soon. He/she would have more luck selling it back into the UK as I cant imagine anyone wanting it over here, it has absolutely no appeal whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Was an auto, no engine or box, damaged all round, chassis damaged also. 10k.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-supra/26587981

“Change in circumstances forces sale”

Head kicked by horse possibly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Was an auto, no engine or box, damaged all round, chassis damaged also. 10k.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-supra/26587981

Worth it IMO, VRT alone is touching 10k on these irrespective of auto/non-turbo or not.

One month ago I sold an R34 4 door shell for €9200.

Worth it IMO, VRT alone is touching 10k on these irrespective of auto/non-turbo or not.

One month ago I sold an R34 4 door shell for €9200.

Interesting, are you alluding that you could import one, say from Japan, and use this cars registration?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Interesting, are you alluding that you could import one, say from Japan, and use this cars registration?!

Never thought of that actually.

Obviously very much illegal, but I could see people doing it.

What?

What?

Like I said, if you import a Supra from Japan but to avoid VAT, VRT etc. you use the registration book and chassis number from a shell like the one for sale saving a ton of money. Otherwise it makes no sense to buy a shell like this for that kind of money.

Highly illegal and not condoning but it wouldnt be the first time.

• Advertisement

Like I said, if you import a Supra from Japan but to avoid VAT, VRT etc. you use the registration book and chassis number from a shell like the one for sale saving a ton of money. Otherwise it makes no sense to buy a shell like this for that kind of money.

I think you are the one alluding it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It's going on all the time, classic cars, bikes and most of all tractors.. NCT checking of chassis numbers has helped a bit but most of this stuff has never seen an NCT centre.

Fair enough, but don't accuse me of alluding to it when I didn't one bit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Reduced from 17k to 15k. It looks like a very nice example but still a dreamer.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-mr2-yamaha-beams-200bhp-lsd/25915260

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Hard to know what it is worth but it does look really nice. 7 or 8k might be right for it?

7 or 8k would be strong enough money I reckon. It's a very nice car but no way is it worth 15k.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

7 or 8k would be strong enough money I reckon. It's a very nice car but no way is it worth 15k.

People are pricing their old toyotas like they're porsches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭selectamatic

People are pricing their old toyotas like they're porsches.

Some of them are worth more then quite a few Porsches tbf.

Mr2s generally aren't one of these though.

7-8k would be strong money for a n/a beams gen2 no matter how clean it is. The fact it's one of the last revisions kind of works against it since it's further away from vintage status.

When gen2 shells become very scarce and they're over that magic 30 year mark that's when their prices will start to rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Its a very rare machine all the same very hard to value in this crazy market!
    15k is mad money but 8-10 would probably get some lunatics attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Reduced from 17k to 15k. It looks like a very nice example but still a dreamer.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-mr2-yamaha-beams-200bhp-lsd/25915260

Jesus that's a lovely little car. Always thought they were one of best looking sports cars available growing up in the 90's. Never had the pleasure of driving one.

15k is just silly though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

10k for a clean original turbo tbar maybe, If i was spending 10k on an old jap id be buying an rx7

TheW1zard wrote: »
    10k for a clean original turbo tbar maybe, If i was spending 10k on an old jap id be buying an rx7

You won't get a 7 for 10k :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone know if the Beams engine makes 200hp? I remember someone on here in some thread mentioning that he seen them not make those figures in the Celica. I know the japs have 100ron fuel and that is what they were tested on back in Japan.

Anyone know if the Beams engine makes 200hp? I remember someone on here in some thread mentioning that he seen them not make those figures in the Celica. I know the japs have 100ron fuel and that is what they were tested on back in Japan.

3SGE? More like 180

That's not too bad a figure.

The RS Clio uses much the same system on the engine by advancing and retarding the timing and eventually got it to produce 200bhp.

From what I've heard they're notorious for dropping horse power as they wear.

3SGE? More like 180

Which 3sge beams engine? redtop fwd , greytop fwd, or blacktop rwd? all different power figures, but the non beams 3sge from a ssII celica / carina GTI seems to be best to hold on to power, 170 from factory and many of them dyno the same here

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Which 3sge beams engine? redtop fwd , greytop fwd, or blacktop rwd? all different power figures, but the non beams 3sge from a ssII celica / carina GTI seems to be best to hold on to power, 170 from factory and many of them dyno the same here

Redtop the same one that is in that MR2 but more common in Celica's.

Redtop the same one that is in that MR2 but more common in Celica's.

Supposed to be 197bhp but never make it - not here anyway, they also seem to lose more power over their lives than the non vvti. The plain ole 3sge has more torque too (& a non interference head for those who don't like maintenance)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Few lads on here in a thread a few months ago said they saw the redtops make around 175 and 178 iirc at dyno days.

I've personally never seen a redtop on a dyno though.
    Cheensbo wrote: »
    Supposed to be 197bhp but never make it - not here anyway, they also seem to lose more power over their lives than the non vvti. The plain ole 3sge has more torque too (& a non interference head for those who don't like maintenance)

Didn't you have an Orange curran that made strong power for a rev2 3sge?

Advertisement