Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'd say he needs €40k to finish the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Doublebusy wrote: »

Lovely car, pity it's an auto though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Doug is a little too fond of the hyperbole, to ever be taken seriously.

I recently unsubscribed from his channel. The guy is incredibly repetitious. Same intro script over and over with each car. Also things he finds absolutely hilariously quirky aren't at all. Look at this button on this side of the steering wheel!!!! Wow!!! :eek:

*Sorry off topic.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/nissan-maxima-3-0-v6-automatic/26723446

NzdjMDAyYTVmOTcyODYwZTQ5NDgwODVhNWFjYTRhNWFxfL847sx4i1-u2Ad0Uq31aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjQ1ODU0NDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Lovely, but I don't think its €4k lovely or anything close to that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lovely but probably worth less than half that. What exactly does it have going for it...

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/nissan-maxima-3-0-v6-automatic/26723446

NzdjMDAyYTVmOTcyODYwZTQ5NDgwODVhNWFjYTRhNWFxfL847sx4i1-u2Ad0Uq31aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjQ1ODU0NDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Absolutely mental asking price. Huge mileage, huge tax and not far off 20 yrs old. They are supremely comfortable though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Mad money for a car that was driven as a taxi for over 8 years.

He replaced it with a Lexus IS300.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I wonder if they hope for it to be exported when they ask stupid prices like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Dreamer of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Absolutely mental asking price. Huge mileage, huge tax and not far off 20 yrs old. They are supremely comfortable though. :o
    Actually pretty average mileage for a 17yo car if it were genuine but as VB says, it was a taxi for 8 years so there could be 150-200k missing from the odometer.

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26734813

S124, 250k Miles, barely running, Uk reg, not road worthy, taking in water and needing rust repair to sill, wings and I’d imagine a few hidden places too.

€5650.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I Was VB wrote: »

S124, 250k Miles, barely running, Uk reg, not road worthy, taking in water and needing rust repair to sill, wings and I’d imagine a few hidden places too.

€5650.
    Durt!

I Was VB wrote: »

€5650.

And of course just the one photo (from 10 ft away). Maybe he ran out of storage on the phone so he couldn't take anymore.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

He sounds like the kinda chap I wouldn't ring if it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Seller seems pleasant. I might ring him for a chat about his car, or Mercedes in general.

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. He just comes across as an ar5ehole

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

At least he’s admitting that it’s a ball of a yoke!

I’ll give the seller one thing, at least he’s not spoofing about the condition of the motor!

Seller seems pleasant. I might ring him for a chat about his car, or Mercedes in general.

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. He just comes across as an ar5ehole

Ring ring, ring ring ... Hello?

Hi Tim, I'm calling to have a chat about the history of MB. Is the sunroof working? Is it in good running order? Does the body need any work doing? I assume its water tight? Its not clear in the ad. Would you take a penny less than 5650? Whats your best price? Would you do a trade in?....

Click

Hello?....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dubbrin

But the seats (front & rear), mats, non standard front indicators, steering wheel, drivers foot well tunnel carpet, sh1tty expanded aluminium mesh front grille...... "pristine" "top class" "very rare" Noel, Noel, Noel.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

About the right money for a gt4, it's priced 3x what its worth on a good day..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

https://touch.adverts.ie/car/land-rover/freelander/2003-land-rover-freelander/22365993

Dear, oh dear. :-o

03 with 320k kms....just because he choose to (unwisely) spend €750 on repairs, doesn't mean its worth any more that €200-300 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's a catch 22 in a way. Spend the money and it'll make it a better prospect for a buyer but you won't get your money back, don't spend the money and you won't sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I would say that will sell no bother for around €800 with the work done and a full 12 months NCT. So advertising it at 1200 is about right i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tzardine wrote: »
    I would say that will sell no bother for around €800 with the work done and a full 12 months NCT. So advertising it at 1200 is about right i reckon.

It is listed at €1000 on donedeal so not outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don’t think it’s that nuts. If you need such a thing, €1000 isn’t mad money for a yoke with a years test and evidence of being maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Definitely not a dreamer. Any of them diesel 4 wheel drive type yokes no matter how rough cosmetically sell for about a grand at the very least if they've a decent test on them.

The likes of clean vitaras actually seem to be going up in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Definitely not a dreamer. Any of them diesel 4 wheel drive type yokes no matter how rough cosmetically sell for about a grand at the very least if they've a decent test on them.

The likes of clean vitaras actually seem to be going up in price.

If you are on about the Freelander....with 300k kms..... for €1,300. .....I wouldn't touch it first off, and if I really, really had to.... my price would be €200.

Because they are typically falling to pieces at that stage..... Pick them up for FA around the auctions.

DD has 06 or 07 ones with half that mileage for similar money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

If you are on about the Freelander....with 300k kms..... for €1,300. .....I wouldn't touch it first off, and if I really, really had to.... my price would be €200.

Because they are typically falling to pieces at that stage..... Pick them up for FA around the auctions.

DD has 06 or 07 ones with half that mileage for similar money.

Its pretty clear who the dreamer is if you think its worth €200.

• Advertisement

200 is a stretch too far alright even if they are mostly rattley balls of ****, if the engine has been well maintained it would make a handy runaround for someone in the farming business I'm sure. 600 / 700 all day no bother.

If it was the improved 2004 on model yeah he'd get closer to a grand

Advertisement