Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭HBC08

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v70r/26976816

I know nothing about these and maybe it's not outrageous to expect 15k for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

HBC08 wrote: »

I know nothing about these and maybe it's not outrageous to expect 15k for this.
    Its certainly cool and rare on these shores id love it but 15k is a stretch!
    Maybe 8-10???

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭hurikane

Must be on this thread. 13k now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I have a soft spot for those V70 Rs and that one does look clean, but surely €6-8k is top dollar for that year and model in Ireland? High tax, old school auto box, not in demand model...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hugely overpriced, outdated model.

I would say under 5k really (maybe I am being too harsh, but I wouldn't pay more than 2k for it)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

That'll make €10k all day long and probably more for the right buyer. Rare as hens teeth, fast and cool. Anything performance orientated is making good money these days due to the expense of importing now

Time will tell.

Getting right buyer is the main thing.

It's not easy sale over here, especially now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭User1998

That'll make €10k all day long and probably more for the right buyer. Rare as hens teeth, fast and cool. Anything performance orientated is making good money these days due to the expense of importing now

I don’t think an old Volvo like that has suddenly doubled in value because of Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

rizzodun wrote: »
    [/quote]

Knew I read it somewhere thanks ha, on an unrelated note totally forgot I have a motorbike until I opened my blinds and the felt like a simpleton hahaha

• Advertisement

User1998 wrote: »
    I don’t think an old Volvo like that has suddenly doubled in value because of Brexit

There's a weird thinking going on lately that everything is now worth more because it costs more to import one.
    Not the case at all its worth what its worth, cars with low followings may be rare but rare doesn't mean valuable. Low following means small market and smaller sales price.
    Some people pluck random numbers out their arse or pick it based on other countries and don't factor in the popularity in that country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭User1998

Yep. Lots of people bumping their add prices by €5k now because its difficult to import. The sad reality tho is that cars will become more expensive now that its difficult to import

Asking 15k for this when you can buy 2013-2015 Audi 3.0 Diesel, way more modern car for similar money or not much more is just not gonna work for potential customer.
    Makes no financial sense unless you are big fan.

wonski wrote: »
    Asking 15k for this when you can buy 2013-2015 Audi 3.0 Diesel, way more modern car for similar money or not much more is just not gonna work for potential customer.

Anything with a motor is slightly outside that logic.
    Everyone has a type and generation of cars they have a soft spot for. Me 90's - 00's jap performance and 60's -70's american muscle cars.
    There are people that love volvo and would happily pay more for one than a 13-15 audi because its the car they are after.

Take for example a mk 1 gti golf people will pay a pretty penny for it, I personally don't get it but understand why.

The R34 GTR VSPEC II NUR goes in excess of 100k, I get your logic but with non generic cars its flawed.

Financial sense and motors aren't compatible with people who are into them unfortunately for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I don't think you can put a diesel audi and a V70 R in the same category

PsychoPete wrote: »

Agreed, but performance wise they won't be world apart is my point.
    They go for around 5k in Japan and that looks more like it.

It's hard to put price on it, but unlike the Toyotas there is no following here and it just looks like v70. Not a head turner.

Just an honest opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Agreed, but performance wise they won't be world apart is my point.
    They go for around 5k in Japan and that looks more like it.

It's hard to put price on it, but unlike the Toyotas there is no following here and it just looks like v70. Not a head turner.

Just an honest opinion.

They do have their market, I'm sure there is a buyer out there for it. Cars get their own cult following

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Honda Ireland in general- anyone see the list of the new Jazz? €28-30k for a decent spec. Insane

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Anything with a motor is slightly outside that logic.
    Everyone has a type and generation of cars they have a soft spot for. Me 90's - 00's jap performance and 60's -70's american muscle cars.
    There are people that love volvo and would happily pay more for one than a 13-15 audi because its the car they are after.

Take for example a mk 1 gti golf people will pay a pretty penny for it, I personally don't get it but understand why.

The R34 GTR VSPEC II NUR goes in excess of 100k, I get your logic but with non generic cars its flawed.

Financial sense and motors aren't compatible with people who are into them unfortunately for us.

We both like the same cars. I like 90's jap performance cars and also muscle cars but I would lean a bit more towards a muscle car but I would not have the money and never will to afford one. But I wouldn't like an original one. It would have to have been built from the ground up with modern comforts. There are reproduction body shells being produced as the originals would mostly be rotted away at this stage depending on which part of America they were in. Anyway they are a car I would really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

PsychoPete wrote: »

You probably could though when ya study it over. Different levels of desirability and the R Volvos have a great cult following.

But..

Big, heavy, 4x4, automatic with good performance and bags of torque describes the volvo and a Quattro v6 tdi audi quite well.

I think 13 or 15k is an outrageous asking price personally. And I'd say the same if it was some auto Mitsubishi Legnum Vr4 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,576 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

road_high wrote: »
    Honda Ireland in general- anyone see the list of the new Jazz? €28-30k for a decent spec. Insane

No-one who buys a new Jazz gives a sh1te about spec

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

No-one who buys a new Jazz gives a sh1te about spec

They’re pretty well specced anyhow in my experience. But even the standard entry one Comfort spec is over €26k list. I know they’re now hybrid and auto but still. Maybe most people are buying on pcp now and it is the monthly repayment that’s what really matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭HBC08

Mjolnir wrote: »
    There's a weird thinking going on lately that everything is now worth more because it costs more to import one.
    Not the case at all its worth what its worth, cars with low followings may be rare but rare doesn't mean valuable. Low following means small market and smaller sales price.
    Some people pluck random numbers out their arse or pick it based on other countries and don't factor in the popularity in that country.

2nd hand cars are going to go up in price,it's simple supply and demand.
    Prices are already going up in anticipation of them going up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Completely agree.

That being said, if something is undesirable or unpopular, that hasn't changed.

Not really there's an understanding with lower supply and relatively high demand the price goes up.
    However the prices people are putting on cars and bikes because they have an incorrect understanding of supply and demand and how brexit directly impacts the motor market is ridiculous, your car or bike don't suddenly become worth twice as much because you think they do.

There was a 2002ish 600 fazer a while ago for 6k and it'll never be worth that, same with the cars that appear here for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

This looks nice (if you can look past the colour), but €30k?

MzU3NDc0YWVjMTY3OTU5MGU0NGIyNTk1YjM3ZjcwZGP1Qj-nMOrz-Ld9hYY1eYnDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTgxODQxMzl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/original-irish-volkswagen-type-2-van/26135163

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They go for big money but not sure of how much or little though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Please stop posting Deane motors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Please stop posting Deane motors.

Only when he stops dreaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Only when he stops dreaming.

The scene tax on those vans is crazy, what Deane motors is asking isn't crazy people will actually pay that for them.

Advertisement