Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Is it not on Irish plates. What does cleared on Irish plate mean?
    First line of the advert says its cleared and on Irish plates ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I wouldn't give 1k for one. Absolute pig of a thing to drive and wouldn't pull your foreskin back.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

I wouldn't give 1k for one. Absolute pig of a thing to drive and wouldn't pull your foreskin back.

In standard guise they aren't extremely fast but accelerate quickly, good craic on a back road, i had a few many moons ago i put a td04 kit on mine and it would throw you back into the seat. In 2013 i sold it for €1650. Id say about 3/4k enough for a decent example and 5k for a minter.

I had a 20v corolla gt fx way nicer car that standard vs a glanza standard no comparison against corolla and corolla much quicker theres a black 20v corolla for sale in limerick at a dealers for 8k ( i only paid €900 for mine at the time in 2012)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Deane motors on the Dermot and Dave show on today FM this morning.
    Even not posting them here doesn't mean escaping them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I seen a post on one Facebook group the ad isn't real, the car belongs to someone in the UK I think it was. I have my Glanza going on 7 years now, I just can't bring myself to part with it and mainly because it's standing me about 10k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Pics :pac:

If you had a Glanza, there was generally a que of young wans waiting to do that for you tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

So what’s the story with that Glanza ad then? Someone trying to pull a stunt with VRT?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you had a Glanza, there was generally a que of young wans waiting to do that for you tbf.

I note you never sold your Glanza.

Not when it's doing things like that for you :pac:

Will have it ten years this year, off the road since 2014. "I'm going to fix it up one day".

Still starts if you jump start it but would need a bit of recomissioning.

• Advertisement

Pics :pac:

Its down to a shell now, I got it painted in 2015 but the sills are starting to go so bought some for a Ford Ka to get welded in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭User1998

So what’s the story with that Glanza ad then? Someone trying to pull a stunt with VRT?

I reckon if that was the case they would have it priced a lot cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Not when it's doing things like that for you :pac:

Will have it ten years this year, off the road since 2014. "I'm going to fix it up one day".

Still starts if you jump start it but would need a bit of recomissioning.

Is it still good though as some guy on here parked up a DC2 in a shed and rot got it and he had to get I think a DC1 body to swap over the running gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

User1998 wrote: »
    I reckon if that was the case they would have it priced a lot cheaper

That’s exactly what I was thinking

Is it still good though as some guy on here parked up a DC2 in a shed and rot got it and he had to get I think a DC1 body to swap over the running gear.

Yeah it's not too bad. Would need tyres and brakes and new belts and fluids if you were serious about driving it again but the arches, sills and boot floor and the likes all look well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭User1998

That’s exactly what I was thinking

Maybe someone they hate is VRTing a Glanza soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

Yeah it's not too bad. Would need tyres and brakes and new belts and fluids if you were serious about driving it again but the arches, sills and boot floor and the likes all look well.

mine was off the road a bit longer than that, it didn't need as much as i thought it would to get it ready for the nct and it passed first time. it was in surprisingly decent nick for a car that had been sitting up for years.

In fairness they are fairly simple and there isn't much to them that really goes wrong

Yeah, they are a great yoke, a bit like Clarksons Hilux, a sup of fresh petrol and a new battery and they'll never let you down i don't think.

Biggest issue with mine is i somewhat foolishly never declared it off the road so there must be around €2500 back tax on it.

I did that with a little boxy starlet I have, never declared it off road so when it turned 30 I went to tax it. I owed them €800 in back tax but the nice woman in the tax office changed it to vintage tax and I'd to only pay the arrears when it turned 30 so I only owed them €34 in back tax

• Advertisement

That was really sound of them! I may hold out for another 7 years for that so.

I'm only the second Irish owner so would be a shame to have to change the ownership to my dogs name then back to mine.

Personally if you'd planned on keeping it then extra owner wouldn't really bother me but you couldn't justify that kind of back tax. I do think Glanzas will shoot up in price once they hit 30, they are fairly scarce now as so many were broke here

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That was really sound of them! I may hold out for another 7 years for that so.

I'm only the second Irish owner so would be a shame to have to change the ownership to my dogs name then back to mine.

If you do just take pictures and copies and leave in folder so if ever selling you can say definitely only 2 owners.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That reminds me of a thing I heard last week. Guy goes for a spin with his dog. Stops at a checkpoint. Guard says I hope you have a licence for him. Ah don't be daft says yer man, I do most of the driving.

I'm not sure if that happened or a good joke.

I would imagine the Garda would push more about the dog licence if you said that to him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27168771

Nice Reg, ‘86 Cosworth 2.3 16valve....

..... Is it worth €40k?

More of a question if it’s worth it as I wouldn’t know the value of these.

I Was VB wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27168771

Nice Reg, ‘86 Cosworth 2.3 16valve....

..... Is it worth €40k?

More of a question if it’s worth it as I wouldn’t know the value of these.

€56 tax a year and a rare performance car. I don't know what it's worth though probably worth at least 20-25k. I wonder did a lord mayor own the car at some point regarding the registration plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

€56 tax a year and a rare performance car. I don't know what it's worth though probably worth at least 20-25k. I wonder did a lord mayor own the car at some point regarding the registration plate.

More likely an import and the first 1986 car registered in MN (and not given a ZV plate)

It appeared on the Motors forum back in 2011. It was for sale at the time for less than 6 grand. And it had 150k on the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The bird man

Please stop posting Deane motors.

It makes my day how much they upset you...
    Is it because they are doing well or because you have nothing else better going on?

• Advertisement

It makes my day how much they upset you...
    Is it because they are doing well or because you have nothing else better going on?

How are things Shimo :)

Advertisement