Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New phone and sim card.

• 09-12-2018 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

Hi do your phones come with a sim card. As I was told, very rudely btw, in a local bricks and motar eir shop that they can't just give me a sim card with the phone I was gonna buy. Is this true. Or anyone else experience this. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

hadepsx wrote: »
    Hi do your phones come with a sim card. As I was told, very rudely btw,  in a local bricks and motar eir shop that they can't just give me a sim card with the phone I was gonna buy. Is this true. Or anyone else experience this. Thanks.
    Hi hadepsx, 

Apologies for the confusion here. 

We would supply you with a SIM card with a new phone, I'm not sure why the agent was advising you otherwise. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Hi hadepsx, 

Apologies for the confusion here. 

We would supply you with a SIM card with a new phone, I'm not sure why the agent was advising you otherwise. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I'm not sure either. I asked for just the sim card with the new phone but the agent forced me to purchase a e10 top up with the sim card. Wouldn't give me it otherwise. Very rude person too. Who can I contact to make a complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭RobiePAX

Your eir sales agent is correct. When you are buying a sim card with or without the phone you are subject to mandatory minimum €10 top up. This is not exclusively to Eir. Pretty much all providers ask you to buy top up with the sim card.

Eir sales agent simply can't process the sale with a new prepay sim card without charging you for top up.

If you feel that he was rude to you, that's a different matter. You can log a complaint here if you wish to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Depends on if it's a new number or not, if it's your original number but you just need a different sized sim then it'll be free, but if you want a new number then many companies charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Fair enough, thanks for the reply. But I wasn't even given the option as to how much I wanted the top up to be. I tried getting e5 as it's only for my teenager for Christmas, and was planning on getting the e5 simply top up plan anyway, but the agent wouldn't give that amount out. Basically forced me to get the e10. No I'm not gonna cry over e10 but I just found it odd that you can't get a Sim with a phone, and obviously the agent's poor attitude didn't help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement