Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod made mistake, ban not lifted yet

Options
  • 09-12-2018 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Good afternoon

The mod in Politics made a mistake, and acknowledge their mistake but has not lifted the ban.

Could you please get onto the mod to lift the ban.

Thank you

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Dispute Resolution as this is not contesting a card or ban.

OP, have you "got onto" the mod yourself about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Yes.
    The moderator admitted that they made a mistake.
    They blamed ‘autocorrect ‘.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The mod has been in touch with me and I understand they have also PM'd you. The error was, as I understand it, in the wording of the ban message, and not the ban itself. Hence the mod never agreed to lift the ban, although it has now expired.

Beasty wrote: »
    The mod has been in touch with me and I understand they have also PM'd you. The error was, as I understand it, in the wording of the ban message, and not the ban itself. Hence the mod never agreed to lift the ban, although it has now expired.

Well, it would seem that the Moderator has not told you the truth.

They lead you to understand something.

atticu wrote: »
    Well, it would seem that the Moderator has not told you the truth.

They lead you to understand something.
    OK, please report the PM and I will have a look

• Advertisement

Tell you what. If you continue abusing the report post function I will permanently ban you from the Politics forums

Tell you what. If you continue abusing the report post function I will permanently ban you from the Politics forums

So, the short answer is that personal abuse is tolerated, and Boards.ie allows freedom of speech.

Disagreeing with a point in a dismissive manner does not constitute personal abuse. You made 18 reports over a 24 hour period.

This is a privately owned site - there is no requirement here to allow "freedom of speech"

Disagreeing with a point in a dismissive manner does not constitute personal abuse.

If this was true, we would not be having this discussion.

The discussion started with you complaining about something you misinterpreted. I clarified the position. I think we are therefore done here.

• Advertisement

This discussion started because a moderator decided to try and humiliate me and make an example of me because I disagree with another poster.

I pointed this out to the moderator at the time, but they chose to do nothing.

So, either you can disagree with a point in a dismissive manner, or you can’t.

You earlier claimed that you can, but your moderator claims that you can’t.

Which is it?

If you are appealing the yellow card or 2 day ban please start again in the Dispute Resolution forum setting out what you are disputing and why you disagree with the mod action

Please though make sure you have familiarised yourself with site and forum rules, as well as the dispute process set out at the head of the Dispute Resolution forum. Please also ensure you have exhausted discussion with the mod in question in an attempt to resolve your dispute. I am closing this thread now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement