Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby monitors - recommendations

• 09-12-2018 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭

Hi there, we are looking for a baby monitor that doesn't need wifi, has a temperature monitor and video.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skullsocks

Jude13 wrote: »
    Hi there, we are looking for a baby monitor that doesn't need wifi, has a temperature monitor and video.

Any recommendations?

We got the angel care video monitor. We never ended up using the sensor mat cause baby wouldn't sleep in the cot for the first 6 months and then they were moving around too much to use it. But find the video great.

• Moderators Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

skullsocks wrote: »
    We got the angel care video monitor. We never ended up using the sensor mat cause baby wouldn't sleep in the cot for the first 6 months and then they were moving around too much to use it. But find the video great.

Agreed the video is great, but the camera (at least the one I got AC215) is super zoomed in by default. I really struggle to find anywhere I can mount the camera so I get a view of at least half our daughter cot.

I had it mounted on the top of our doorframe, pointing downwards and kinda hacked so it pointed out a bit from the wall and more towards the cot. Really easy to get up and running with it, really hard to position it correctly.

I actually bought a few wide angle lenses that I must try stick onto the camera, but they'll likely affect the IR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

We got the Angelcare AC315. Good piece of equipment. The camera is good day and night and the mat alarm has gone off once or twice when the baby rolled to the bottom of the cot. This was fixed by adjusting the sensitivity of the mat. We turned off the high temperature monitoring as the summer was impossibly warm at night and living where we do we couldn’t leave the window open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭Jude13

Cheers all, I got a monitor online this am.

Advertisement