Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tracing old cheques

• 09-12-2018 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Long story I was involved in a partnership which turned sour ,what i need to prove is there were cheques made payable to me personally but cashed in other partners account .This would be going back to 2005 ,is there no hope of chasing up this information .I am not accusing the other party of fraud but i want to show payment i got for jobs to show i was involved in partnership . The bank account was in other party name and i only received a small wage but had a agreement to get a share in business which never materialised .Am i only clutching at straws???I have some some statements from the companys that paid these cheques and would have the bank a/c no . belonging to the other partner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057480235

Seems BOI only goes back 7 years.

I think that's all they are legally required to do. They have to destroy all records after 7 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

cute geoge wrote: »
    Long story I was involved in a partnership which turned sour ,what i need to prove is there were cheques made payable to me personally but cashed in other partners account .This would be going back to 2005 ,is there no hope of chasing up this information .I am not accusing the other party of fraud but i want to show payment i got for jobs to show i was involved in partnership . The bank account was in other party name and i only received a small wage but had a agreement to get a share in business which never materialised .Am i only clutching at straws???I have some some statements from the companys that paid these cheques and would have the bank a/c no . belonging to the other partner

If it was "their" account then you have very little entitlement to the details as it's "personal" to them.
    If it was a "company account" and you were a partner then you should have a right to the details.
    You mentioned a "partnership" but do you have anything in writing?

Advertisement