Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changed schedule. What are my rights

Options
  • 09-12-2018 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Hi. Tried looking online but can’t fimd an exact answer. Hopefully someone will help me here.

Booked on a return flight with virgin atlantic from Orlando to cork via Manchester, Times are good and time waiting in Manchester very reasonable. However got an email telling me that my schedule has changed and now I’m going from Orlando to cork via Manchester AND NEWYORK. I get into Cork at the same time but have to leave Orlando 3 hours earlier and have the wait in JFK to contend with too. Any advice on what are my rights and if I’m entitled to any compensation. The flight isn’t until the end of Jan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fairly certain that the level of notice given; and the time difference involved means you're not entitled to any compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Orlando ,Manchester, NewYork, Cork as you've written it or Orlando, New York, Manchester, Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

In these circumstances the airlines are usually pretty flexible. Check if there's a better routing on the same day (or even another day) that suits you. Because they are close partners with Delta, they will probably be willing to rebook you on Delta or KLM flights if you find flights that suit you.

Advertisement