Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 / GSM-Q / New SIM

Options
  • 09-12-2018 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hello All,

I have a HKC 1070 with a GSM-Q. It is installed 5 years and all is fine.
    I was using a "Pay as you go" SIM from Meteor in the GSM-Q. Self monitoring.
    I have let the SIM deactivate as I did not top up frequently enough. The number probably has been recycled at this stage as it is a number of years with "GSM line fault" warning. I have the User but not the Engineer code.

Is it possible to still get the required type of SIM? 2G Voice. (No PIN or VM set up)

If I get a new SIM can I just replace it out and it will be back working?
    (I suppose the question here is, where are the phone numbers, that the alarm dials, located? Are they on the SIM or on the HKC Panel?)

If I switch out the SIM card with power still up, will GSM come back to life, maybe after a few hours? (Or is a full power cycle mains/batt 100% required)

If a full power cycle mains/batt is carried out, will the panel lose all settings and need full reprogramming? (User codes, Wireless PIR sensors etc)

Thanks for taking the time to read and any experienced advice greatly appreciated.

Tom.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A full power cycle would be best to initialize the SIM. You will need the same PIN settings as on your previous SIM.

Advertisement