Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toy for 8 month old boy

• 09-12-2018 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭

hi, im looking for ideas for what to get my 8 month old nephew for xmas, i have no idea really, i saw building blocks but maybe he would be a bit young for them yet. any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

We have a fisher price car that is perfect for that age. They sit into it and it has a little steering wheel, radio etc. Honestly the best thing that ever came into the house.
    Casey the monkey (think its vtech) is also meant to be very good. I'm getting that for our little girl's first birthday in Jan.
    Bargain alerts has a notification of a lovely little Ireland soccer kit for €10. It is in JD sports online store.
    Pyjamas and books either are always a safe bet. The "that's not my ...." series has always been very popular in this house too.
    (Haven't a clue how to upload pics - sorry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭pgj2015

heldel00 wrote: »
    We have a fisher price car that is perfect for that age. They sit into it and it has a little steering wheel, radio etc. Honestly the best thing that ever came into the house.
    Casey the monkey (think its vtech) is also meant to be very good. I'm getting that for our little girl's first birthday in Jan.
    Bargain alerts has a notification of a lovely little Ireland soccer kit for €10. It is in JD sports online store.
    Pyjamas and books either are always a safe bet. The "that's not my ...." series has always been very popular in this house too.
    (Haven't a clue how to upload pics - sorry)

thanks for the ideas, will check them out now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Stacking rings or stacking cups are perfect for that age. They may seem basic but they like eating them + practising their coordination! He would use them more than blocks at that age.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

duplo or stickle bricks last years and are brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

I think the building blocks are a good idea, I have an 8 month old and he loves knocking down towers, and banging them together, better to get something he can grow in to ratger than outgrow! books are also a good idea or bath toys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement