Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long standing thread about advice on obtaining counterfeit goods

Options
  • 09-12-2018 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Here's a weird one.
    This thread has been open for some time and is a continuation of an older one dating back to 2010.
    It is all based on offering advice on obtaining counterfeit sportswear, posters are very blatant and open about the goods being counterfeit.
    What makes it worse is that it was started by a mod. I've seen other counterfeit good advise thread closed very fast. Is sportswear exempt from this rule?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057635672
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

What rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The one about promoting illegal activity. I know there may be exemptions that's why I asked if counterfeit sportswear was exempt.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

So a thread that has been going for 8 years is now a problem for you why?

What is your objective here?

If promoting illegal activity is banned on one forum all forums should adhere to that rule.
    I have some counterfeit products I want to promote on a different forum so I'm looking for clarification.

What makes you say "illegal"?

• Advertisement

The fact that it's illegal to import counterfeit goods perhaps?
    I know I will be taking a risk with the law but I'm unsure if it would also compromise my boards account by promoting counterfeit goods like people are doing on that thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

What rule?

"You agree, through use of this service, NOT to use boards.ie to ... post Material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary right or intellectual property right of any party."

https://www.boards.ie/content/terms

Advertisement