Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement suitcase wheels Dublin...?

Options
  • 10-12-2018 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong forum but I know there are quite a number of frequent flyers on here who might have experience in this area.
    I have three roller type cabin cases that I rotate through depending on the length of trip, all three of them have at least one worn out wheel (different types, sizes) does anyone know anywhere in Dublin (or Ireland) that repairs luggage or sells replacement wheels?
    The only replacements I’ve seen online are mostly in China with long delivery times or Amazon.
    Feel free to move to a more appropriate forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Adamson luggage on South King At, D2 would be a good bet. But unless its good quality luggage its probably not worth going to them

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭eusap

when it comes to suitcases the more you spend the easier they break. I spent £10 for a cabin case in Roches Stores it lasted 10 years, it is still fully functioning just looks grubby from 30 flights per year. Currently using Tripp cases from Debenhams €50 and tend to get about 3 years from them and easier to buy a new one than fix it.

I often spent or was giving presents of €200 cases and they never lasted, spent 6 months arguing with one company on the worthless guarantee.

Allen key should allow you to take them off. Clean around the housing and bearings and then oil with WD40. You’ll be amazed at how much dirt, grime and hair they pick up that slows the rotation speed and causes once side to drag and feel “worn out”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

They're good quality suitcases in absolutely perfect condition other than the wheels due to the thousands of miles they travel anually. The bearings are fine but they all seem to have the same problem where the wheel itself is starting to deteriorate and fall apart.
    They'd be easily fixed if I could source the wheels locally.
    I also have a Samsonite case which apparently comes with a warranty which covers the wheels but ironically enough thevwheels on that case are absolutely fine.

Advertisement