Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for a cookbook

Options
  • 10-12-2018 10:45am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been challenged to get a book about food/cooking for a Christmas gift, however the receiver can't remember the name :D

On the off-chance someone might own it, here's what I know:

Irish female writer
    More a book about cooking techniques & the art of cooking than straight up recipes
    Released in the last 2 years
    Yotam Ottolenghi said he liked it, somewhere (can't recall if he read that, heard it on radio, TV!) :pac:

Any guidance is most welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Maybe something by Darina Allen? She has produced a lot of books, there is one 'Forgotten skills of cooking'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Could it be the updated version of The Ballymaloe Cookbook? It came out in 2017 and apparently Yotam Ottolenghi wrote the foreword :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

Maybe Simple by Diana Henry? I think it was released in 2016. Ottolenghi's latest has the same title and I heard him say he really liked her book also. She does write beautifully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭shortcircuitie

Sounds like Diana Henry to me

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think I'll go with Diana Henry, he would have remembered if it was Ballymaloe.

Many thanks for all your suggestions, hugely appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Twee. wrote: »
    I've been challenged to get a book about food/cooking for a Christmas gift, however the receiver can't remember the name :D

On the off-chance someone might own it, here's what I know:

Irish female writer
    More a book about cooking techniques & the art of cooking than straight up recipes
    Released in the last 2 years
    Yotam Ottolenghi said he liked it, somewhere (can't recall if he read that, heard it on radio, TV!) :pac:

Any guidance is most welcome!
    Funnily enough I was listening to Matt Cooper last night and he was reviewing Cook Books and he mentioned a book called How to eat a Peach. I didn’t catch who the author was but they were describing it in pretty much the terms you described above, i.e. more about stories, techniques art of cooking etc. Just Googled it and it turns out that it was Diana Henry. By all accounts her books come highly recommended it would seem.

Advertisement