Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leg Warmers

Options
  • 10-12-2018 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

Have arm warmers but never used leg warmers

Do they generally stay in place or tend to slip down ?

Are there any that you can roll easily down when cycling that won't get caught in the chainring ?

Budget recommendations ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The better quality ones pretty much stay in place. They might move a bit on a long ride but never exposing any skin.

As for rolling them down, don't do it. :eek: :eek: :eek: It looks hideous.

Arm warmers are different as they can often be used on cold summer mornings when the sun hasn't warmed up yet and then taken off later.

If it's cold enough for leg warmers at the start of a ride, leave them on. Otherwise don't use them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Have arm warmers but never used leg warmers

Do they generally stay in place or tend to slip down ?

Are there any that you can roll easily down when cycling that won't get caught in the chainring ?

Budget recommendations ?

I've used BBB ones for days that aren't near 2-5 degrees, €25 a pair. They fit quite well and haven't rolled up me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I've been happy with some from polaris-bikewear. Well happy enough to order more anyway - £5 and then delivery via addresspal. I normally end up with enough other stuff between me and the children to justify the postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I've been happy with some from polaris-bikewear. Well happy enough to order more anyway - £5 and then delivery via addresspal. I normally end up with enough other stuff between me and the children to justify the postage.

Link ? I have just ordered

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/mavic-vision-leg-warmer/rp-prod150901

but another cheap pair for comparison wouldn't go amiss

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i wore my pair of hi-vis leggings for the first time in over a year, this morning.
    met.ie said it was foggy, and this thread was fresh in my mind. and would you believe, there was the tiniest bit of thin mist near fairview, so my wearing of those yokes was well justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,384 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

what are they? are we talking "Fame I want to live forever....." or like Hiking gaiters? . I just flip between have a base layer or not depending on the temp , below 10C base layer, above 10C not

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭circler

I've a pair of Sportful no rain leg warmers, and I've no complaints about them:

http://www.wiggle.com/sportful-no-rain-leg-warmers/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

silverharp wrote: »
    what are they? are we talking "Fame I want to live forever....." or like Hiking gaiters?
    mine? cheapo dayglo aldi ones. or maybe lidl. i can never remember.

Advertisement