Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reconnection

Options
  • 10-12-2018 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

hello,

I recently bought a second hand home. I don't have the keys yet (expect to get this week) but I noticed power was cut off recently. 

Gas is installed can you tell me what I need to do to get reconnected?

in the house. I assume this has also been disconnected. 

I am currently an SSE customer but I am happy to consider moving to Electric Ireland. I would like a climote or nest device but I also like the €200 welcome bonus.

can you tell me what options are available to a new customer?

thank you 
    bernard

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

If the gas supply for your new property is registered with Electric Ireland at present (or if it is disconnected but was with Electric Ireland at the point of disconnection) we can advise you further if you private message us the GPRN (gas point reference number), address and your name. If it is not/was not registered with Electric Ireland, it would be necessary to contact the current or last gas provider for information on what you need to do next (as processes can vary depending on when and why the gas was disconnected).

With regard to electricity, if the property has been disconnected for less than six months, the reconnection fee is €79.45. If the property has been disconnected for more than six months and less than two years, a wiring certificate will be required for safety reasons (the cost of reconnection in this instance would be advised by ESB Networks on 1850 372 757). A wiring certificate is also required if any rewiring has been completed (even if within the last six months).

Finally, for a property that is disconnected for two years or more, an application for turning the electricity supply back on would be regarded as a new connection, and an application to ESB Networks is necessary (on the same telephone number as above).

If the property was registered last for electricity with Electric Ireland, just private message us the electricity meter point reference number (MPRN) and the other details as for gas above.

The €200 bonus credit is available to new customers with electricity plus gas, paying by direct debit. There is also an 8% saving off the units used on every bill for each supply. After the customer is registered and the above savings set up, they can find out what products they could purchase (for example, the Nest thermostat) from Electric Ireland Home Services.

If you are sending us a private message, we will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una

Advertisement