Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ard key

• 10-12-2018 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Want to set up broadband in my home but eir have said I need an ard key as.they is none for my address how long does this take to do

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭RobiePAX

ARD key is similar to eircode. It's basically a unique number that pin points your location on eir's system. The address where you live absolutely never had Eir, Vodafone or Sky broadband or landline connected in the past 10 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

ARD has nothing to do with the eircode and is/was just an internal address routing for Openeir
    Takes a day or two for one to be generated. But should be needing an eircode now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sheey

Previous person living in house before had for broadband and had only just cancelled it before moving out so I don't understand them having to get a new are key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭RobiePAX

@Sheey depends what broadband previous person had. For example he could have had Imagine or Three broadband which don't rely landline cables.

Or you never know, maybe you simply got incompetent sales agent who couldn't find already existing ARD key for your address.

@fritzelly what I meant is that ARD key serves the similar function. You put in eircode and get your full address and pin point on the map. You put in the ARD key and you get full address and system pin points location to test eligibility of which services exist and can be offered at the location. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Sheey wrote: »
    Previous person living in house before had for broadband and had only just cancelled it before moving out so I don't understand them having to get a new are key.
    Is the line still active i.e. A dial tone? 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Sheey wrote: »
    Want to set up broadband in my home  but eir have said I need an ard key as.they is none for my address how long does this take to do
    Hi Sheey,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

An ARD key can take 24-48 hours to generate. The ARD key is needed to provide service to the correct address.

~Kellie

Advertisement