Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worried my boyfriend might fancy my friend

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

No guy who is in a relationship needs to be texting a girl. I don’t care what anyone else says but if he feels the need to do so there is something else going on. I am not saying he is cheating but us guys are fairly simple people. I text my mates for football scores, funny pictures or invites on the session. I’m single and only text one girl who is my closest friend but we have discussed that if either end up in a relationship we couldn’t continue to do so. There is nothing flirty or anything like that but it would be weird. Why does your guy want to text a girl when he could be texting you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

joeguevara wrote: »
    I’m single and only text one girl who is my closest friend but we have discussed that if either end up in a relationship we couldn’t continue to do so. There is nothing flirty or anything like that but it would be weird.

What?

Why on earth would you both decide to end a friendship because you are in a relationship?

If anything she and you should be celebrating and being a part of said relationship

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JealousLa

No guy who is in a relationship needs to be texting a girl. I don’t care what anyone else says but if he feels the need to do so there is something else going on. I am not saying he is cheating but us guys are fairly simple people. I text my mates for football scores, funny pictures or invites on the session. I’m single and only text one girl who is my closest friend but we have discussed that if either end up in a relationship we couldn’t continue to do so. There is nothing flirty or anything like that but it would be weird. Why does your guy want to text a girl when he could be texting you?

I have to say I completely disagree with this and think it's an incredibly immature viewpoint. Would you expect your future girlfriend to also cut contact with any male friends? If so, that's extremely insecure and controlling.
    I don't subscribe to nonsense view that men and women can't be friends without something sexual happening.

Not much to update on this. I told my other half about the wedding comment and he said "she was probably just joking." I asked him what his reaction would be if she asked him to go with her and he said he wouldn't dream of it. I'm happy enough with that.

Thanks again for all the responses and advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Guys will agree with this and girls will disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

JJayoo wrote: »
    Guys will agree with this and girls will disagree.

Eh noooo! Generalisations help nobody and btw you're wrong.

People in relationships can have friends of the opposite sex but there must be trust and barriers. A line has been crossed in this case but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

This woman is trying to be a cuckoo and needs to be kicked out of this particular nest. Time for her to find a relationship of her own

Advertisement