Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir - registering address

Options
  • 10-12-2018 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Could someone with experience of this, or an Eir customer service rep help me out please.

I have been trying to place an order for 4 weeks now and cannot get over how bad the experience has been. I won't bore you with all the details, but in short my initial order had to be cancelled last minute because my address was input incorrectly and it turned out that my actual address was not on Eir's system.

I have since requested (on 3 separate occasions and after at least 5 hours on hold) that my address be registered so that I can place an order.

I have tried to check on the status of this as I have been waiting over 2 weeks now to receive a 'text' to say that my address is registered and I can place an order, however no one seems to be able to tell me when I should expect this or if it has even been sent for processing. 

I did not think it would take this much time and effort to place an order and it feels like Eir doesn't want my business the way the process has been conducted.

Could someone please advise me how long this takes and could an Eir representative advise where this request is in the process - I want to order from you but if this takes much longer I will have to choose another provider.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is this a new estate? Do you have an eircode?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DL90

fritzelly wrote: »
    Is this a new estate? Do you have an eircode?

Thanks @fritzelly.

It’s not a new estate. The house has been here for 15+ years.

I provided them with my eir code when I originally requested to register it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

DL90 wrote: »
    Could someone with experience of this, or an Eir customer service rep help me out please.

I have been trying to place an order for 4 weeks now and cannot get over how bad the experience has been. I won't bore you with all the details, but in short my initial order had to be cancelled last minute because my address was input incorrectly and it turned out that my actual address was not on Eir's system.

I have since requested (on 3 separate occasions and after at least 5 hours on hold) that my address be registered so that I can place an order.

I have tried to check on the status of this as I have been waiting over 2 weeks now to receive a 'text' to say that my address is registered and I can place an order, however no one seems to be able to tell me when I should expect this or if it has even been sent for processing. 

I did not think it would take this much time and effort to place an order and it feels like Eir doesn't want my business the way the process has been conducted.

Could someone please advise me how long this takes and could an Eir representative advise where this request is in the process - I want to order from you but if this takes much longer I will have to choose another provider.
    Hi DL90,

I've just responded to your PM now.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 34 aymzter

Hi DL90,

~Kellie

Hi there @DL90 - I’m having exactly the same problem...did you manage to get it resolved ?

Feel like I’m going mad !

Any help or advice greatly appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

aymzter wrote: »
    Hi DL90,

~Kellie

Hi there @DL90 - I’m having exactly the same problem...did you manage to get it resolved ?

Feel like I’m going mad !

Any help or advice greatly appreciated :)
    Hi aymzter

Do you already have an account with eir?  If so can you pm me the following details and I will look into this for you.  If not you would need to speak to our sales department on 1800 503 303.

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

Linzi

• Advertisement
Advertisement