Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of address

Options
  • 10-12-2018 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi there..

My husband has an existing BOI current acc, im with AIB.

We are planning on opening a joint acc and just wondering if we open with BOI will my husband need to provide proof of address or will the fact he has a current acc be enough?

Have just moved into new house and bill are in my name so he's nothing with new address in his name at the moment!

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

jc11 wrote: »
    Hi there..

My husband has an existing BOI current acc, im with AIB.

We are planning on opening a joint acc and just wondering if we open with BOI will my husband need to provide proof of address or will the fact he has a current acc be enough?

Have just moved into new house and bill are in my name so he's nothing with new address in his name at the moment!

TIA

Hi Tia,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    I can confirm that both of you would need an up to date proof of address and ID to open this new Joint account.
    If you're husband contacts the Revenue they may be able to issue him with a P21 and we would be able to accept that as a proof of address when opening an account.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement