Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work predicament.

Options
  • 11-12-2018 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I’m new here. I would like to post a question in the hope that I may gain one or two pointers to help me in a predicament I have at work.
    I work for my employer for over thirty years. For the past three years I have worked in a different location doing different duties. I like the changes and am happy with the location I am in.
    However management have said it was a temporary arrangement, they are trying to move me back.
    This will mean that they will replace me with another employee in that position that I have held for the past three years.
    This all came about because of a dispute with management.
    Does anyone have any information on any rights I may have in regards…
    I would be grateful for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

There have been an inner of cases regarding forced relocation of employees within their jobs. You should research them, they usually result in some sort of compensation if the new workplace is considerably further.

Do you have any documentation from the time of the move ?? Or do they have documentation from that time proving their case ??

If it’s a reasonable distance and there is no supporting evidence either way regarding the last move then it’s completely reasonable for the employer to reallocate you to a different facility.

Lastly as ever if your a union member maybe chat with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

How far away is the other place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Coadyryan

Thank you for your time afforded...

Advertisement