Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling in and out of US on J-1 Visa.

Options
  • 11-12-2018 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I know maybe not the best place to post but the place with highest activity so feel likeliest to get an answer amongst the wisecracks. So I’m in the US on a J-1 Visa my 120 day window to secure an intership in 15th of December I’m yet to secure a suitable intership. I have flights which I booked in September for Christmas returning on the 27th of December. I’m wondering will I be able to reenter the US despite being past my 120 days. If I had a letter of employment from a potiental employer for a January start date would this be sufficient?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Immigration have no way of knowing that you didn't secure a job, as far as they're concerned you took a vacation and went home for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Route1

There’s a “training plan” you have to fill out and signed by employer on this visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Nothing to do with immigration officials at the point of entry. They will look for your visa which is in your passport and admit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Are you registered with sevis?

I believe you need to get something signed by them to go in and out???
    There is a high chance/risk that immigration will look for that.

Side note:
    Are sevis giving you hassle that you haven't secured your internship yet?
    Have they been in touch with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Moved from After Hours. Please read the US charter before posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Welcome to the US Forum folks.

Advertisement