Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas exams are this week...and *gasp* underprepared for Physics!!

Options
  • 11-12-2018 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

everything is fine except physics. awful teacher and im basically using my applied maths knowledge to get me through. I got 93% last term

anyways... should i cram? i studied obviously (i study every day) but im definitely underprepared and if i went in and did it now i would get a H5 - H4 when i should be getting a H2+. I'm planning on studying from 7PM To 2AM on Thurday for physics since its on Friday. Has cramming ever worked for you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭naxmax9

naxmax9 wrote: »
    everything is fine except physics. awful teacher and im basically using my applied maths knowledge to get me through. I got 93% last term

anyways... should i cram? i studied obviously (i study every day) but im definitely underprepared and if i went in and did it now i would get a H5 - H4 when i should be getting a H2+. I'm planning on studying from 7PM To 2AM on Thurday for physics since its on Friday. Has cramming ever worked for you?

I'm in 5th year btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭c_f_p99

What's it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭naxmax9

c_f_p99 wrote: »
    What's it on?

Refraction, Light, Motion and Force

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

chill! (and i say this as a teacher)
    xmas 5th yr is not important enough to be till 2am
    you'd be far better served getting a good nights sleep and going into the exam rested with the comfort your basic knowledge will get you through.

has cramming worked for me? no. not in extremes. I vividly remember stressing before a college exam & pulling an all nighter with a few cans of an energiser drink to keep me awake. by the time the exam rolled round I actually couldn't write a thing for a whole 20 mins as I completly froze. I'd have been far better off getting some sleep & using my working knowledge and cop on to get through the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭c_f_p99

Happywithlife is right, really. I didn't find Physics too nice when I first started Mechanics, now I find it quite easy. Studying it can be very intensive, but when you realise how short the course is (heat,particle physics, electricity, magnetism and nuclear physics is all that's left for you, I think) it makes that study feel very worthwhile. I don't have much experience myself, but I know that I felt really panicky with it (and App. Maths to an extent) at the start of the year, but now that's all gone. If you really want to believe how bad I felt with it, I actually had to skip a physics test (this was on Mechanics) simply because I felt mentally ill. You will get over it, especially if you've been good in the past. Good luck anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement