Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writings around town

• 11-12-2018 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hey all,

I've noticed some weird writings around town, it's some sort of graffiti in lack of better words.. It's all around town and says things like;

"Ban the pan"
    "The pan kills more than the bomb"
    "Who cares if it sticks, ban the pan"
    (or similar)

Now I'm not from Ireland myself so maybe there's a cultural reference here that I just don't get.. Could someone shed some light on this? It's all over town!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Could it be some individual obsessing about the toxic nature of non stick frying pans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Gluten free activists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

My husband figured it was to do with the traffic ban, pan = pana = St Patrick Street but who knows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

I haven't seen the graffiti , but I think the earlier poster is correct ...there was a documentary about c8 and Teflon on recently...everybody in the world has it in there blood ... potentially cancerous

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/teflon-and-perfluorooctanoic-acid-pfoa.html

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Att vara en hest

I saw another one today that mentions "c8" so I guess you're right.. Some kind of anti frying pan propaganda :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Some kind of anti frying pan propaganda :-)

It won't stick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Are you for the pigbull tripedrisheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

" Earn £20 - £30 per hour, part or full time"

I still see those signs on lamp posts around the city, they've been there since the mid 90's.

No contact details, or details on what the job was.

I can only assume that it was for some revolutionary adhesive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Whats that "King Baby" thing about? Both graffiti and stickers.

Advertisement