If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar for the LG C8 OLED

Options
  • 11-12-2018 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I picked up the LG C8 OLED from you at Black Friday. Needless to say its excellent. But i'm looking at investing in a good soundbar.

I was checking out the SONOS Beam, i already have a few SONOS products in my house. But i have a budget of around €1000. Is it worth spending the extra money or is the Beam capable of going toe to toe with the more expensive offerings?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

hades wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I picked up the LG C8 OLED from you at Black Friday. Needless to say its excellent. But i'm looking at investing in a good soundbar.

I was checking out the SONOS Beam, i already have a few SONOS products in my house. But i have a budget of around €1000. Is it worth spending the extra money or is the Beam capable of going toe to toe with the more expensive offerings?

Thanks
    Hey Hades.

Thanks for coming back to us again.

The Beam is a fantastic little product but can not compete with some of the more expensive bars on sound quality.
    It does hold its own on the features side of things but there is better products out there.

Even going up to the Sonos bar would make a difference is sound quality priced at £699
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12131-sonos-playbar-soundbar-and-wireless-speaker.aspx

Yamaha have their YSP2700 priced also at £699 (Comes with wireless sub woofer). This would sound better than the Sonos. It use Yamaha's Musiccast app.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202216-yamaha-ysp2700-black-soundbar.aspx

If you wanted to go all out you could pair it with LG's own SK10Y priced at £899 (Dolby Atmos Soundbar)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203336-lg-sk10y-5-1-2-ch-high-res-audio-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

Thanks Kenny

I was looking at them last night and using the measurements of them to see how they would fit the set up. Its the 55 inch C8 i have, and it seems that most of the soundbars are taller then the stand of the C8, meaning that the soundbar would obscure the bottom of the screen and i'm assuming the remote input. Surely thats not something new, how is it generally fixed?

Also, i think the SK10Y is aimed at the 65 inch screen, going on the width. How good is the SK9Y? It looks as if it would suit the 55 inch better.

Also, i guess, the system has to be as simple as possible to use, hence why i was looking at the Beam. Am i right in thinking, just hook it up to HDMI 2 (ARC) on the TV and the sound from the SKY Q, PS 4 Pro and the Sony X700 UHD Player which are also hooked into the TV will transmit the audio via the soundbar. Probably a very basic question.

Thanks for the help. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

hades wrote: »
    Thanks Kenny

I was looking at them last night and using the measurements of them to see how they would fit the set up. Its the 55 inch C8 i have, and it seems that most of the soundbars are taller then the stand of the C8, meaning that the soundbar would obscure the bottom of the screen and i'm assuming the remote input. Surely thats not something new, how is it generally fixed?

Also, i think the SK10Y is aimed at the 65 inch screen, going on the width. How good is the SK9Y? It looks as if it would suit the 55 inch better.

Also, i guess, the system has to be as simple as possible to use, hence why i was looking at the Beam. Am i right in thinking, just hook it up to HDMI 2 (ARC) on the TV and the sound from the SKY Q, PS 4 Pro and the Sony X700 UHD Player which are also hooked into the TV will transmit the audio via the soundbar. Probably a very basic question.

Thanks for the help. 
    Hi hades,

The beam is amazing for simplicity especially with the app control and the fact that you can link it with your current Sonos equipment. The SK9Y is a fantastic soundbar as well as you also have the added bonus of a wireless subwoofer which will give more bass than the Beam and it also supports Dolby Atmos so the virtual surround sound is much better than the Sonos.

You would need to plug the soundbar into your HDMI ARC port in order to get the audio from the TV!

Let me know what you think.

Kind rgeards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.