Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Account (twice!) - still getting billed

• 11-12-2018 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

Hello,

We cancelled our service with you a few months ago and continued to get billed.

So I went through the cancellation process again, filled in the form provided by email, and yesterday we received another bill. I've just received confirmation from your Twitter @eircare that the account is still ACTIVE, despite cancelling TWICE now.

We have now received 3 bills of ~€60 each since we've stopped using your service. Not only this, but the broadband HAD STOPPED WORKING prior to us cancelling at all, so in reality we have paid FOUR bills for an unused service.

Can a final closure of our account be applied and a refund provided?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Hello,

We cancelled our service with you a few months ago and continued to get billed.

So I went through the cancellation process again, filled in the form provided by email, and yesterday we received another bill. I've just received confirmation from your Twitter @eircare that the account is still ACTIVE, despite cancelling TWICE now.

We have now received 3 bills of ~€60 each since we've stopped using your service. Not only this, but the broadband HAD STOPPED WORKING prior to us cancelling at all, so in reality we have paid FOUR bills for an unused service.

Can a final closure of our account be applied and a refund provided?

Thank you.
    Hi Eire_Dearg, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your account is still not closed down, I understand this is frustrating. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to arrange cancellations through this channel our cancellation team via 1901 will need to process this for you and arrange all refunds owed to you also. An email is sent to you to once the order has been processed to complete details on your side if you have not received this the order has not been processed.  

Apologies for all inconvenience caused, I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I got sorted by Jonathan in the Loyalty Team.

He was top class and went out of his way to get me sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I got sorted by Jonathan in the Loyalty Team.

He was top class and went out of his way to get me sorted.
    I'm delighted to hear this, I'll be sure to pass this feedback on. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement