Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collection/disposal of a 3 + 2 piece Sofa

Options
  • 11-12-2018 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a service in Cork city that does this responsibly ? New one shortly being delivered and they won't take the old one.

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Ring At. Vincent de Paul.
    They will collect it and give it a good home as long as it's useable. Better than seeing it go to landfill anyway. Just be firm on when it needs to be collected as I've heard they can be poor with timing.

I had to get rid of a couch a few years ago. I put a free to takeaway ad on adverts.ie and i had a good few people looking to take it. I agreed with one lady that she could collect it as long as she was on time cos it's be in the driveway. The delivery lads brought out the old one and loaded it into her trailer and then brought in the new one. Worked out well and I think she gave them a tenner for their troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

.red. wrote: »
    Ring At. Vincent de Paul.
    They will collect it and give it a good home as long as it's useable. Better than seeing it go to landfill anyway. Just be firm on when it needs to be collected as I've heard they can be poor with timing.

I had to get rid of a couch a few years ago. I put a free to takeaway ad on adverts.ie and i had a good few people looking to take it. I agreed with one lady that she could collect it as long as she was on time cos it's be in the driveway. The delivery lads brought out the old one and loaded it into her trailer and then brought in the new one. Worked out well and I think she gave them a tenner for their troubles.

Thanks, the two piece is in decent nick, but I wouldn't wish the three piece on anyone....I'll give SVP a call on one but need someone to remove the other & I don't want it ending up in a field :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

VdeP will look for a label to confirm it's flame retardent.
    If the other one is unusable bring it to Kinsale road or Rafeen tip for disposal. The charge isn't excessive AFAIR.
    freecycle internet group is another option to give them away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thanks I'm sorted now and have a registered place coming to collect them, Issue was more getting them to the recycling place as they dont exactly fit on the roof rack :D

Advertisement