Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK item sent to the wrong address

Options
  • 11-12-2018 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hi, I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I bought some items from a swimwear company on black friday. Their initial email with the receipt had my correct address. After a week I received an email telling me my package was going to be delivered, but the address had suddenly changed. Suddenly Kerry had become Dublin and my eircode was completely different.
    I emailed them telling them the correct address. They changed it, but still had an incorrect eircode and no county. I emailed them three times since and heard nothing.
    Today I spotted that according to the delivery tracker it was delivered to someone in Dublin yesterday evening. I emailed them again, and went through their "leave a message" feature on their website. They simply replied telling me it had been delivered. I've pointed out how the address it was sent to is wrong and asked who signed for it and have gotten no reply.

I have no idea what to do next. There is a UK number that I'm going to try, but if they insist they are in the right where do I go next? Do I make a complaint here in Ireland or is there a British consumer group I should contact?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

If paid by credit card, initiate a charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Wheety wrote: »
    If paid by credit card, initiate a charge back.
    Can I do this with a visa debit card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

You need to go down to their level and explain what happened.

Generally, the people who answer emails would have a low level of general education, max gcse.

Explain that it is like someone in Liverpool ordering, putting in the correct address and then THEIR system changed the address to Cornwall.

So whist it shows as delivered, it has gone to an address 150 miles away (they don't know kilometers) - would you expect a Liverpool customer to accept delivery in Cornwall?

You need to go down to their level and explain what happened.

Generally, the people who answer emails would have a low level of general education, max gcse.

Explain that it is like someone in Liverpool ordering, putting in the correct address and then THEIR system changed the address to Cornwall.

So whist it shows as delivered, it has gone to an address 150 miles away (they don't know kilometers) - would you expect a Liverpool customer to accept delivery in Cornwall?

That sounds a bit harsh, but I do get your point on pointing out the distances. I did tell them it was the other side of the country, but will mention the 150 miles away part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭28064212

TBH, I wouldn't bother trying to get into the details of what went wrong. That's just complicating the issue, they'll have their own processes for figuring that out. Just tell them that your item hasn't been delivered

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’d keep it simple also. Your item hasn’t been delivered to you and that’s all that matters. Ask them to prove it’s been delivered to you.

Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I wasn't getting anywhere via emails and phone calls, so I tagged them in a tweet asking them what happened and why was I ignored.

Whoever works on their twitter account got things moving and they sent out another package that arrived today. There was a slight hiccup and I had to pick a different suit because one of them was out of stock, and they were still patchy on the emails, but at least I have them.

Advertisement