Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verdemont Apartment Buildings Feedback

• 11-12-2018 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am on the lookout for an apartment around the Dublin 15 area and came across the Verdemmont complex. It seems like a decent location but was wondering if anyone that has either lived or is living there at the moment could share their experience and ultimately, if they'd recommend it.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,643 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Think there was an issue with fire safety earlier this year and work had to be carried out on a block of apartments, not sure which ones.... And last year a serious fire did break out. Not sure the state of apartments now.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭djan

Think there was an issue with fire safety earlier this year and work had to be carried out on a block of apartments, not sure which ones.... And last year a serious fire did break out. Not sure the state of apartments now.

Thank fo that, I looked into that and what I gathered was that this has been remedied above current standards. The fire that broke out was a guys BBQ so could happen anywhere I guess.

Anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

djan wrote: »
    Thank fo that, I looked into that and what I gathered was that this has been remedied above current standards. The fire that broke out was a guys BBQ so could happen anywhere I guess.

The issue was that the fire protection in the loft wasn't sufficient and the fire spread very quickly. One would assume the other sections that didn't have to be rebuilt got remedial work, but assumption makes an ass of you and me and this is little ole Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

The apartments are badly built and difficult to heat with the crappy storage heaters. If you want a satellite then they will take them down with a cherry picker every so often. Plus is they are relatively close to the shopping centre but traffic on snugborough road can be bad - especially at weekend around lunchtime and around xmas.

• Advertisement

axer wrote: »
    The apartments are badly built and difficult to heat with the crappy storage heaters. If you want a satellite then they will take them down with a cherry picker every so often. Plus is they are relatively close to the shopping centre but traffic on snugborough road can be bad - especially at weekend around lunchtime and around xmas.

Don't think the satellites would be an issue for me although in principle is annoying.

So not too well insulates I assume. Would you have any idea of electricity costs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

Ment to have great brothels

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

I wouldn’t buy there ever based on the story below and the background. Just my thoughts

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/fire-in-which-two-died-may-have-started-in-kitchen-1.1054344%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

djan wrote: »
    Don't think the satellites would be an issue for me although in principle is annoying.

Against development rules. If you don't like it, live somewhere else?

Caranica wrote: »

Of course, if I were to live there I wouldn't knowingly break such rules.
    padski08 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t buy there ever based on the story below and the background. Just my thoughts

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/fire-in-which-two-died-may-have-started-in-kitchen-1.1054344%3fmode=amp

Interesting another case about a fire, i didn't see it mention being the apartment's fault? Doesn't seem to be a positive view of the place from many posters. A shame really, as I thought the location to be great...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Caranica wrote: »

The good old Satellite dish is almost redundant if you have got WiFi.

Advertisement