Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Insurance - Options

• 11-12-2018 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just looking to see if anyone has any experience with Pet Insurance providers.

I have a 3 year old dog, who up until now has been insured with Allianz. The renewal came in and there has been quiet a jump, without any claims.

Said I would ring around, only other provider I could find is Petinsure who won't quote me as the dog has previously been insured by another company.

Surely this has all the hallmarks of a cartel? Insure with one company, no ability to switch to another (I wouldn't mind if there was a claim history) so your original company can charge what they like come renewal time?

Anyone any other experiences/options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I never used my pet insurance and cancelled it. I thought it was a waste of money. Instead I put the money I was paying into the premium monthly into a bank account and if the dogs needed veterinary treatment I used the money I had saved.

Unless you have some dog with ongoing health issues, you probably won't need it.

Advertisement