Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Economics Cirriculum

Options
  • 11-12-2018 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Details of the new Economics Cirriculum coming in next year have been released. Research project in 6th year will be worth 20% of final grade.....however, no mention of how it'll be assessed. Can anyone shed any light on this? I'm the only economics teacher in my school with 2 sets each year. Trying to juggle SLARs with other schools will be a nightmare!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

No idea. Wondering will there be inservice after christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

I have no idea what the actual answer is but I assume, given the furore over teachers assessing their own students for state exams at junior cycle, there’s no way they’d try to slip this in as something teachers have to assess themselves at leaving cert.

I would think it will be assessed by the SEC, like the other leaving cert subjects that have projects (though, to be fair, I actually don’t know that they’re assessed by the SEC either. I just assume more would have been made of it if they weren’t).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

This is also happening in ag science. I'm going to take a punt and suggest that it might be assessed like history or geography is at the moment, where they get a title, do the research and write it up in a booklet that is submitted with the exam.

Advertisement