Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty lambs

• 11-12-2018 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭

I’ve the last of the lambs to sell next week and there hanging in sh1te ! Does anyone have any tips or ideas to try clean them up without clipping?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭davidk1394

390kid wrote: »
    I’ve the last of the lambs to sell next week and there hanging in sh1te ! Does anyone have any tips or ideas to try clean them up without clipping?

Put them on straw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭roosky

factory gone very strick on dirt dry or not you will have to clip them....

Also you will need to clip down from their throat the whole belly and the back end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

roosky wrote: »
    factory gone very strick on dirt dry or not you will have to clip them....

Also you will need to clip down from their throat the whole belly and the back end

I finally sold my sheep shears this year and bought a rechargeable from connacht Agri, Ideal for dagging, you can do the lambs wherever they stand, I wouldn't like to shear a sheep, they're too clumsy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

390kid wrote: »

Dag and bit of elbow work,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭kk.man

wrangler wrote: »
    I finally sold my sheep shears this year and bought a rechargeable from connacht Agri, Ideal for dagging, you can do the lambs wherever they stand, I wouldn't like to shear a sheep, they're too clumsy.

How do u find the shears Wrangler?
    How much did you pay for it and how long would it take to 'clip' one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

kk.man wrote: »
    How do u find the shears Wrangler?
    How much did you pay for it and how long would it take to 'clip' one?

We paid €310 for ours at Tullamore Show, they had other ones there at around €200, but they were much slower, something like 2200 revs for the cheaper one and 3000revs on the one we got, you'd even hear the difference when you started it.
    You can get them online but I always thought they were gimmicky so wanted to be able to throw it back to them, I got €400 here for an old conventional shears so it took the harm out of it,
    It moves as fast as you'd want it to for dagging, as a shearer I know enough to keep it on the skin, it's not for cutting through hard ****e.....get under it.
    Wouldn't be great for shearing, the battery on the end restricts the hand too much. OH would dag some here and she wouldn't touch the shaft driven shears

Advertisement