Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Point (Luas) to Ringsend

Options
  • 11-12-2018 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭

Google maps is showing about a 15m walk, only concern is the area looks a lille rough once you cross to the south side. Do many do the walk daily.

They really need another footbridge to access Grand Canal from the Luas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

http://www.dublindocklands.ie/part-8-proposal-pedestrian-cycle-bridges-over-royal-canal-north-wall-quay
    It could happen sooner than you think.

Do you get off Luas at the Point to go to Ringsend or do you go from Ringsend to get to the Luas? You could get off a stop earlier on Luas and go across Samuel Beckett or Sean O Casey Bridge and go through Canal Basin or Macken st area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

It's completely safe. There's never any bother around Ringsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

http://www.dublindocklands.ie/part-8-proposal-pedestrian-cycle-bridges-over-royal-canal-north-wall-quay
    It could happen sooner than you think.

Do you get off Luas at the Point to go to Ringsend or do you go from Ringsend to get to the Luas? You could get off a stop earlier on Luas and go across Samuel Beckett or SeO Casey Bridge and go through Canal Basin or Macken st area

I will be starting a new job near the Aviva and while the DART will be suitable a few days I also need the Luas so considering if Luas from Point or DART to Tara/Connolly is better. The latter is means a very packed Luas at peak times.

Going accross Samuel Beckett will be about a 30m walk so not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Last stop to the point, over the bridge, and down Thorncastle Street. There’s never any bother or trouble. Ringsend is a great part of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I go that way every morning and evening. No bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭cgcsb

If you're getting the DART anyway, why not get it to Grand Canal Dock or Lansdown Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

cgcsb wrote: »
    If you're getting the DART anyway, why not get it to Grand Canal Dock or Lansdown Road?

Because the Luas would suit me better, Landstown Rd is about 15m walk and GCD about 10m and the Point Luas 15m.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ringsend is a grand spot. A little run downbut like anywhere else if you use a bit of cop on you will be left alone

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Because the Luas would suit me better, Landstown Rd is about 15m walk and GCD about 10m and the Point Luas 15m.

What's wrong with the short walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Safe as houses. Lived in area for 7 years and miss it dearly! Walked home from luas all times of day and no issue.
    Only issue is the wind on the bridge cuts like a knife!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Ringsend is a bit quiet and has a lot of council flats and is a bit run down and ugly looking so I thought it wasnt going to be too safe but its actually a perfectly fine area, I was doing a design project there and spending hours on end there with cameras and other equipment and had absolutely no trouble, just the odd local saying hi

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I walked through Ringsend to East Wall Road for the last six months on my commute and never encountered any trouble OP. I understand your concern but it's a pretty popular commute for people; if it were troublesome you'd be reading about it in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Watch out for all the poop!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Its chronic. The only thing i don't miss about the area!! Esp when i had a buggy and was trailing dog**** into my house.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

fatknacker wrote: »
    Watch out for all the poop!
    You couldn't wait till you got home, could you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Have wored there for 12 years. Quiet spot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ebbsy wrote: »
    Have wored there for 12 years. Quiet spot.

Hoping the missing letter is k not h. :D

Perfectly safe walk, biggest threat the cutting wind as you go over the bridge.

Advertisement