Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Ducato cab locks

• 12-12-2018 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭

Someone's jemmied both cab locks on my 2003 Ducato-based MH. Why??? It wasn't even locked - they could have just opened the door and kidnapped my travel teddy without going to all that effort. :mad: It doesn't look like they've entered the vehicle at all - didn't even pocket my stash of trolley-euros and tool-booth change ... :confused:

Nothing done to the ignition, and central locking is still working. What's the lowest-cost option for a DIY replacement of the locks (or rather the key-in-door unit ... doesn't seem to be wired to anything - is that normal?) ideally keeping the same key/key fob transponder.

(Van parked outside the house in a usually crime-free part of France, can't be sure exactly when it happened - only noticed yesterday when I went to check/change the rat poison laid in the cab)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Is the door skin damaged or just the barrels?
    You can get armaplate lock surrounds which cover a bigger area around the lock to stop them being pried out.
    Or you can go for the heosafe type which are an additional door lock separate to the normal key type.
    http://www.heosolution.de/GB/index.php?tip=heosafe&subc=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Just the barrels. It looks like someone's rammed a screwdriver into the keyhole for no reason other than to damage the lock ... :confused: If I'd approached from the passenger side, I probably wouldn't even have noticed until I tried to put a key in the lock; but coming at it from the driver side, the barrel was partially pulled out from the door.

I'm not really looking for any kind of security "upgrade" - the van spends more time unlocked than locked (duct-tape will do for now :p) and as I said, the fob-activated central locking still works; but I'd like to fix it before I head off on my winter travels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Barrel sets are cheap on ebay from eastern europe. Do you have your Irish flags up maybe you were mistaken for 'roast bif'.

Advertisement