Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIC

Options
  • 12-12-2018 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

HI. I'm looking to rent a small retail unit for a takeaway type cafe. I have had several discussions with electricians about this but need to know the following as it is holding up progress.

I will be using little by way of equipment. 1 fryer (either 6kw or 10kw depending on the final answers I get), other equipment/lighting would total around 5-6KWs.

The electrician has told me the standard MIC on a retail shop is 12KWs/single phase.

My questions are:
    Is 12KW the standard for a retail premises? (Single phase I know is standard)
    If I go over this do I pay more per KW I use and is there an issue with fuseboards blowing etc?

GIven the loads I am describing, is 12KW sufficient for my needs. I will not be running all the equipment at the same time so I can't see needing more than 12kw.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi seanaway,

We just need to advise you that we only look after residential electricity and gas queries here on Electric Ireland Social Media, however we can advise you regarding whom to contact.

If you would just like general information regarding wattage, ESB Networks are the company to speak to on 1850 372 757.

And for cost information, if you are choosing Electric Ireland as your provider, the Business team's contact details are on the following page of the Electric Ireland website.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Hi seanaway,

We just need to advise you that we only look after residential electricity and gas queries here on Electric Ireland Social Media, however we can advise you regarding whom to contact.

If you would just like general information regarding wattage, ESB Networks are the company to speak to on 1850 372 757.

And for cost information, if you are choosing Electric Ireland as your provider, the Business team's contact details are on the following page of the Electric Ireland website.

Best regards,
    Una
    Thank you

Advertisement