Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with Eir service

Options
  • 12-12-2018 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I never been so amazed at the lack of common sense and comprehension by a member of Eir customer service chat line.

Background. I called Eir last late January /early February regarding a query. An extremely helpful young man assisted me with my query. He told me that my (then) current connection was unsuitable for hi fibre and set me up on another system.

My old account number was replaced by a new one. But, he mixed up my address details during set up. I have never gotten a bill, however, I get text reminders to say bill is outstanding etc. I don't know my new account number. Can only log onto my old closed account online.
    I use the automated payment service on my landline using telephone number.

Eventually, I got somebody who said they would correct postal address.

I am out of the country, before I left I got a message saying that I had to pay by 12 December, 2018.

As a family member is terminally ill. It is essential that the landline is connected.

After trying to make contact via phone, I ended up on Eir chat service. Things were looking up, I felt.

Alas, after explaining the situation several times. I had forwarded my name, correct address. Date of birth, email and mobile details. Also confirmed I was the account holder.

I was told that I had given incorrect information. ie my correct address must be linked to my details, you would imagine.

Alas, as I was slowly losing my grip on my sanity. The chap gave me international number. No sound whatsoever from dialling this number.

My online chap said he would ring for me. Result, no!!

I have my contact details again as requested.

Then I was asked to give name, address date of birth etc..

Again, I forwarded same. His reply was to contact the chat team again, when I had correct information. I feel this must ne a template reply as I got this message, many times.

I am about to ring Consumer Affairs, but just needed to vent and let off steam.

Thank you for your patience in reading this post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Sounds familiar.

Was trying to purchase Eir, like you i am abroad, got on web chat and have to say, they didn't listen to a thing that was said.

Blurbs of pre-written standard answers were shot in the chat screen. when a question was asked by me it resulted in minutes of reading and no contact.

If this is customer service forget it. This was BEFORE I signed up (which of course I didnt)

How this company expects to get new customers I dont know.... if the above experience is "normal" I am glad I didn't sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

They are pure sh*ite to deal with, got the CEO email address on here some where and emailed her, the next day got a phone call from a very nice girl and our problem was sorted out there and then after weeks of dealing with their stupid customer care!!!! Here's the email give her a nice email ...mailto:carolan.lennon@eir.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

I signed up on Monday for 1st time with eir as my virgin contract expires at end of month! 39.99e package .. very nice eir rep called to door and did a good sales pitch.... today I rang 1901 to make an enquiry re my new order.... 38mins on hold and my patience ran out!!! They need to be sharper on the phone answering tomorrow to keep me from cancelling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I just got a reminder email from Eir about paying my bill which isn't due for another 5 days....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The worst customer care set up in the country.

• Advertisement
Advertisement