Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powers gold label-no chill filtration??

• 12-12-2018 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭

Ok, so i cracked open a new bottle of Powers gold label last night. Was on special in Tesco got a few! I noticed on the front of the label at the bottom that it said "no chill filtration".
    Ive been drinking Powers for years and never noticed it before, i even found an old bottle i had and it wasnt on the label!
    I assume Jameson and Paddy are both chill filtered, so how did Powers get so lucky??
    I haven't checked my three swallows bottle or my Johns Lane bottle, but if the entry bottle isnt chill filtered, why would these be, and if they are, then what the hell!!!

Anyone else notice this, or have info?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Power's Three Swallow is non-chill filtered too. I assume the same applies to John's Lane.

I would guess this is part of IDL's development strategy for Power's to create points of distinction from Jameson. Just like the way they brought out a number of Power's pot still expressions.

Edit: Yep, John's Lane and Signature are both non-chill filtered as well.

Advertisement