Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Wall Cycleway

Options
  • 12-12-2018 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Just recently started cycling to work. Can anyone please tell me how to use this cycleway on North wall Quay. Most of it is fine until you get to the lights and then its just a mess. Should you swap from left to right and continue on the right as the guy I have circled is doing. Or should you stay on the left at all times and cycle slowly through pedestrians.:confused:

IMHO its a very badly designed cycle way. I understand that pedestrians need to cross here and perhaps the confusion is intended to slow cyclists but surely there is a better way. Just seems like it wasn't very well thought out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

cycle on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Searchers

I’d love to know the answer myself - regular commuter by bike on that “cycle path” for years. It is made worse by the position of bus stops where I see passengers stepping off buses onto moving bikes.....

I believe it is dangerous and in need of redesign and upgrade given the huge increase in commuters in this now very busy quarter of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Look at the far side, cycle lane is a hatched area too. Its a contradiction.

25eyyiq.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've never understood it either.

Advertisement