Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No longer receiving notifications of bills

• 12-12-2018 4:55pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I used to get email notifications of bills being issued. This no longer happens, it seems to have stopped four or five "bill periods" ago. I did however get notifications of bills being overdue (by text), and in one instance, advertising, too (by email).

When I noticed this at first, I emailed your helpdesk, and I was told that this shouldn't have happened, and to check my spam folder just to make sure. I was also told to get in touch again if the notifications weren't there. They weren't, so I got back to the helpdesk saying that the notifications weren't there, that I regularly check the spam folders, and that anyway I had marked that email address address as "not spam". The reply I got was, again, that this shouldn't have happened, and to check my spam folder. I was also told again to get in touch again if the notifications weren't there. Obviously whoever wrote that didn't read my reply, so I got in touch with you again and, guess what, I got the same reply again. This happened a total of three or four times. Very poor, to  be honest. Bottom line, I'm still not getting any notifications.

I receive the paper bills, which is what I want, but the notifications were very helpful especially when I'm travelling.

Can someone please explain what's happened, and can they please be reinstated as soon as possible?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi New Home,

We are sorry to read it.

Email notifications for bills do always automatically issue though - something should have caused this to stop. We would need to review the relevant account to find out what. If you private message us the Electric Ireland account number, state that you are the account-holder and confirm your name, address, email and date of birth (or telephone number) we will review it as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hi New Home,

We are sorry to read it.

Email notifications for bills do always automatically issue though - something should have caused this to stop. We would need to review the relevant account to find out what. If you private message us the Electric Ireland account number, state that you are the account-holder and confirm your name, address, email and date of birth (or telephone number) we will review it as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una
    Thanks Una, will do. I definitely don't want this to affect my credit ratings.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

PM sent - thanks.

Advertisement