Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will anyone be buying counterfeit gift this Christmas?

Options
  • 12-12-2018 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Just hearing on the radio today that some of the counterfeit perfume on sale on market stalls and that can contain lead :eek:

Just wondering how lucrative this market is and what is the quality of this stuff normally like, and if people on here regularly buy fake items be it clothing , perfume, handbags, shoes or whatever, around Christmas time (or any other time of the year come to think of it) and save a lot of money by doing so?

Does the receiver also know its fake or cant they tell normally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Can someone please just give this person his own Kneemos-style thread for asking stupid questions???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Can someone please just give this person his own Kneemos-style thread for asking stupid questions???

I think it's a sh*tethreadbot tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Yeah I've already purchased some counterfeit football jerseys that I've going to be giving to a relative this Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

I'm gonna buy real stuff with counterfeit money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Will be giving the nieces and nephews counterfeit money in a card.

Feck ‘em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

unfortunately I havent swallowed a dictionary so I dont even know what that means :)

Omackeral wrote: »
    I think it's a sh*tethreadbot tbh

each to there own - i wont force ye to follow it :)

Of all the counterfeit stuff you could buy - bags, clothes, etc, who in their right mind would buy perfume or beauty products that were fake?

I like my face too much :D

My preference is fake news.

could be - friend of mine once bought a load of fags one christmas , had marlboro on the pack, quite convincing print - got a funny taste of metal or something and ened up chuckin them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

It's all cosmetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

unfortunately I havent swallowed a dictionary so I dont even know what that means :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96872515

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Say what you want about Andy's threads, but you have to admit they usually end up being kinda funny. Usually for all the wrong reasons. Considering how every second thread in After Hours is dole bashing, anti-traveller, compo claim, immigration related misery, Andy's threads are a silly breath of fresh air.

Take it away, Andy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Take it away, Andy.

I mean... take it Andy

I'm hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Here you go Andy...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96872515

Say what you want about Andy's threads, but you have to admit they usually end up being kinda funny. Usually for all the wrong reasons. Considering how every second thread in After Hours is dole bashing, anti-traveller, compo claim, immigration related misery, Andy's threads are a silly breath of fresh air.

Take it away, Andy.

thanks (I think?) ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

thanks (I think?) ... :D

Thank you fellow human.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

HEY?

Stupid is as stupid does.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Take it away, Andy.

These fake goods are bought and sold by dole scroungers and travellers. The entire fake industry is promoted by these scumbags that the hard working taxpayer funds via dole and forever homes. Immigrants are in on the act too. All of them are into the fake compo claims ...obviously. Have i done this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

OP is a Russian bot, bought 5 anyway.

you hear quite a lot these days about online shopping taking business away from local shops - but i wonder how much business shops are loosing out to these people selling these items ? - quite a fair bit i hazard a guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I always find it funny when on holidays and you see the lucky lucky men selling their wares, it's usually 90% Irish people buying from them thinking the are getting a bargain when they are actually buying pure trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

you hear quite a lot these days about online shopping taking business away from local shops - but i wonder how much business shops are loosing out to these people selling these items ? - quite a fair bit i hazard a guess.

What if these local shops had online shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Thinly veiled “pm me if you want any” thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    What if these local shops had online shops?

Careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

I was going to buy some counterfeit pencils until I heard they had led in them aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I get people's reasons for fake bags, watches etc...
    You can display them to others and pretend you own a luxury item, but in reality you can't.
    Fake perfume though... unless you are carrying the bottle around with you, others will think a cat pissed on you or the local wino slobbered all over your face.
    Even some of the chain fashion stores like Zara have perfumes that are decent if you're stuck for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

I was going to buy some counterfeit pencils until I heard they had led in them aswell.

You mean "lead".
    You kinda spoiled that, didn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Grandeeod wrote: »
    These fake goods are bought and sold by dole scroungers and travellers. The entire fake industry is promoted by these scumbags that the hard working taxpayer funds via dole and forever homes. Immigrants are in on the act too. All of them are into the fake compo claims ...obviously. Have i done this right?

Its kinda sad that I found the first sentences of this very convincing.

Yes, you're doing it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

cml387 wrote: »

You mean "lead".
    You kinda spoiled that, didn't you?
    You obviously never bought knock off pencils.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I get people's reasons for fake bags, watches etc...
    You can display them to others and pretend you own a luxury item, but in reality you can't.
    Fake perfume though... unless you are carrying the bottle around with you, others will think a cat pissed on you or the local wino slobbered all over your face.
    Even some of the chain fashion stores like Zara have perfumes that are decent if you're stuck for cash.

Fake Make-Up is another big one apparently. Bewildering stuff. You're paying for the quality, that's why they are so expensive. Having the box with some make up that could be from Dealz does not make sense.

Advertisement