Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceled account still getting bills

Options
  • 12-12-2018 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

Account was closed in August. After two month received a bill for your service 

Still getting text about overdue account. 

Is this a Christmas bonus for me . As I can see I am not the only one

Please explain 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Only cancelled in August? Thats nothing... I cancelled in October 2017 and got a bill to an old address last month.

Rang them mutiple times to find out what period the bill related to but they never answer. Even spent 40 mins on hold one day before getting pi**ed off. Spoke to one of their online chat people for a further 20mins before she said she couldn't help me and ended the chat. Sent a PM to a rep here but they never received a response. Spent over a week back and forth with someone on Twitter who told me I couldn't cancel the account in writing, which is what I did, even though their website clearly says thats how you cancel your account... In the end I got nowhere and apparently still owe them money. They must have a collections department so told them to call me if they ever want to be paid, that was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything so I'm just going to take it that the matter is resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TataRu

Only cancelled in August? Thats nothing... I cancelled in October 2017 and got a bill to an old address last month.

Rang them mutiple times to find out what period the bill related to but they never answer. Even spent 40 mins on hold one day before getting pi**ed off. Spoke to one of their online chat people for a further 20mins before she said she couldn't help me and ended the chat. Sent a PM to a rep here but they never received a response. Spent over a week back and forth with someone on Twitter who told me I couldn't cancel the account in writing, which is what I did, even though their website clearly says thats how you cancel your account... In the end I got nowhere and apparently still owe them money. They must have a collections department so told them to call me if they ever want to be paid, that was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything so I'm just going to take it that the matter is resolved.
    The customer service is getting worth every day!! Will see , maybe somebody from Eir team will be more responsible . Let Hope. Christmas is coming lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

TataRu wrote: »
    Hi

Please explain 
    Hi TataRu,

I'm sorry about the difficulties you have experienced.

If you could PM me the following details, I'd be more than happy to have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB

5) Your full postal address

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TataRu

Hi

Please explain 
    Hi TataRu,

If you could PM me the following details, I'd be more than happy to have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie
    PM sent 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Hi

Please explain 
    Hi TataRu,

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie
    PM sent 
    Hi TataRu,

I've received and replied to your PM.

~Kellie

• Advertisement
Advertisement