Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laptop

Options
  • 12-12-2018 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I have just bought a new HP laptop running Windows 10. I have older versions of Word and Publisher (2007) on my old laptop,
    Is there any way I can transfer these programs onto my new laptop ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You could install an up to date LibreOffice on the new laptop.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭SilverSideUp

If you have the Microsoft Office 2007 product key then yes. Office 2007 has reached the end of its support lifecycle though, meaning there are no new security updates or non-security updates for this software.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Would you bring an old magic tree from your old car to new one?

Time for an update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Would you bring an old magic tree from your old car to new one?

Time for an update.

If it still smelled good,why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Jet1

Word I am not as bothered about as there are some good free online word processing programs available. However I still find Publisher useful and I don't know of any good online alternatives ???
    Unfortunately I don't have the 2007 Product key SilverSideUp ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Jet1 wrote: »
    Word I am not as bothered about as there are some good free online word processing programs available. However I still find Publisher useful and I don't know of any good online alternatives ???

You can "read" MS product keys with ProduKey

Run utility on your old laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Jet1 wrote: »

I guess it depends on what you are publishing.
    If Open Office does not do it for you then I would suggest Scribus ..... have you ever tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Skyknight

Jet1
    Have you tried Pickmeapp?

Advertisement