Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish family evicted and replaced by migrants

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

mammajamma wrote: »
    Man, you might as well be talking to the wall.

They make money off immigration and avoid paying tax. End of story, they're goners.

Look, the reality is very simple. We live in a country that is part of the EU. We encourage companies to come here, and many of them require language skills that can't be found in Ireland. Property owners are entitled to rent to whoever they want. Some of us have said that we prefer to rent to tenants who aren't Irish. I certainly wouldn't want a situation where the requirement would be on us to have an 'Irish first' policy. And if there's money to be made during an upturn in the economy then that's healthy as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

RustyNut wrote: »
    And this was reported by some councillor on Facebook no doubt. I believe you, thousands might not.........

The one about the Spanish students was in the papers. You might want to get out more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

emo72 wrote: »
    In West Dublin where I live the going rate is up to 2200, 1800 if your lucky.

But my point still stands. If I was unfortunate enough to be buying a house now I wouldn't be able to do it. I could do it in the 90s on a very modest wage. That is the truth.

I also know a couple paying 1800 a month rent. Paying a bit over the odds, could maybe shave 200 off.

1000 euro will get you a glorified shed out the back of a former council house

Look, the reality is very simple. We live in a country that is part of the EU. We encourage companies to come here, and many of them require language skills that can't be found in Ireland. Property owners are entitled to rent to whoever they want. Some of us have said that we prefer to rent to tenants who aren't Irish. I certainly wouldn't want a situation where the requirement would be on us to have an 'Irish first' policy. And if there's money to be made during an upturn in the economy then that's healthy as well.

Blah free market blah globalisation blah

You are, quite literally, an example of it being a negative for Ireland and Irish people.

Where did I say that I don't believe some landlords discriminate against groups of people or avoid tax. Your imagining things that aren't true again.............

That would be the post of yours I quoted.

"I don't believe example" followed by "where did I say I don't believe precedent?"

What ARE you trying to say?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Where did I say that I don't believe some landlords discriminate against groups of people or avoid tax. Your imagining things that aren't true again.............
    JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Its been happening in Germany, Sweden and there were reports students in Spain were thrown out of their paid accommodations to make room for the migrants. It can and will happen here eventually.
    And this was reported by some councillor on Facebook no doubt. I believe you, thousands might not.........

oh, right! you were being sarcastic again, weren't you?

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Do a professional couple with one child, their own furniture, down to a teaspoon, pay on time and treat the house as a home while funding some repairs from their own pocket get a fooking look in? Or is the private rental market just flooded with crazy people on HAP and youngsters just drifting through rentals wrecking the place??? There's a lot of talk about the squeezed middle home owning, tax paying class being fooked over. Well I'm a squeezed middle, tax paying, renter that feels very fooked over.

Haven't you heard? All Irish people are to be avoided as tenants because they're bad.

Nice little bonus is that it's much easier to avoid tax if you don't give Irish people a look in.

No, this isn't turn of the last century new York, this is Ireland in 2018.

Renting to Irish people in ireland during housing crisis = bad.

Renting to Non-irish in ireland during housing crisis = good.

You're welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

That would be the post of yours I quoted.

"I don't believe example" followed by "where did I say I don't believe precedent?"

What ARE you trying to say?!

I was referring to and quoted a post about Germany, Sweeden and Spain. What has that got to do with Irish landlords?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

I was referring to and quoted a post about Germany, Sweeden and Spain. What has that got to do with Irish landlords?

So, its just the Irish landlords you think are evicting people illegally and avoiding tax ?

So, its just the Irish landlords you think are evicting people illegally and avoiding tax ?

Apparently so.

These people that come out in favour of immigration and globalisation, they're houses of cards!

The slightest bit of fact, statistic, or argument is all that's needed and they crumple to dust. It demonstrates just how weak the "position" is.

Seriously flirting with the idea of running in politics, it's a cakewalk against these people.

If they're a profiteer, they're sunk immediately. If they're a cheerleader they collapse against facts quicker than you can produce them.

Add in the observed reality that most normal people can see, it's a slam dunk.

How have they survived this long in ireland with no opposition?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Apparently so.

These people that come out in favour of immigration and globalisation, they're houses of cards!

The slightest bit of fact, statistic, or argument is all that's needed and they crumple to dust. It demonstrates just how weak the "position" is.

Seriously flirting with the idea of running in politics, it's a cakewalk against these people.

If they're a profiteer, they're sunk immediately. If they're a cheerleader they collapse against facts quicker than you can produce them.

Add in the observed reality that most normal people can see, it's a slam dunk.

How have they survived this long in ireland with no opposition?!

Do you plan to replace the leader of one of the parties, like Peter Casey is doing? He thinks it will be a cakewalk to win a seat in Donegal and be leader of Fianna Fail. Your big plan to deport the foreigners is just the sort of thing which will get you elected. But I wonder will that solve our housing "crisis". If you do solve the crisis you will not be popular with the homeless charity industry.

Do you plan to replace the leader of one of the parties, like Peter Casey is doing? He thinks it will be a cakewalk to win a seat in Donegal and be leader of Fianna Fail. Your big plan to deport the foreigners is just the sort of thing which will get you elected. But I wonder will that solve our housing "crisis". If you do solve the crisis you will not be popular with the homeless charity industry.

Casey is a blathering eejit who stumbled on a bolt of lightning.

Selling the idea of Ireland being improved for Irish people is not as strange as you may think. Especially when every single metric is in your favour.

Believe it or not, some people are not charlatans and genuinely do have good intentions for our country. You know, the opposite of most politicians in this country for years.

The only thing stopping me is that I value my privacy. Other than that, Im confident in my ability and charisma for that nonsense, they're all flakes that a moderately coherent person could walk over. I may change my mind yet!

An interesting enterprise :)

The last politician I can recall with such self belief, and disdain for others is Charlie Haughey. I'm sure your desire to enhance all our lives with your talents will overcome your uneasiness about losing your privacy.

But if I was you I would choose a profession where a born leader like you could earn proper money.

The last politician I can recall with such self belief, and disdain for others is Charlie Haughey. I'm sure your desire to enhance all our lives with your talents will overcome your uneasiness about losing your privacy.

But if I was you I would choose a profession where a born leader like you could earn proper money.

Not disdain for others, disdain for those making our country worse, and their lack of opposition.

I don't need money. I'll tell you this for nothing, those motivated not by money but by ideal and principle are those to trust. Even if you don't agree with the principles, trust goes a very long way.

Irish people are awful soft and have been pushed around too long, we need to grow a backbone and we will. The rug needs to be pulled out beneath this false economy first of all, snap people out of this zombie-like haze of misinformation and disinformation That's when change comes.

I doubt I'd be the only person considering it, even right now.

You certainly have a good line in populist platitudes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

While I don't think the OP was being underhanded and I think the way people ganged up on him was ridiculous - there really is a fetish for pouncing on people to call them racist, it's not like he's a re-reg who's posting this stuff all over the place, he's a long-term member who doesn't usually post controversial stuff - I do think however that what he mentioned is likely to be a misrepresentation.

People do not get evicted for nothing. Evictions are due to making little or no effort to pay rent, and to engaging in anti social behaviour. Leases are terminated in light of e.g. putting the property up for sale, renovating it, the owner moving back in, etc, but there is a minimum notice period required for this. It is not eviction.

Just turfing good tenants out for immigrants only because they are immigrants - I don't think this would be possible.

I would prefer working, quiet, respectful, tidy tenants who are foreign, to Irish tenants who are causing misery for the neighbours (this is not the same as being ok with unlimited immigration). And vice versa obviously.

The homelessness crisis - it's so much more complex and difficult to resolve than what Paul Murphy or Ruth Coppinger or SF or the media would have you believe. The figures that get thrown around are manipulative nonsense.

People can be homeless because they got evicted for anti social behaviour, because they only want to be housed in a particular place/in a particular type of home, all the while getting and expecting hotel accommodation for free (not an easy way to live I know, but it's still free and they have somewhere to go). Some of them are travellers - aren't they therefore supposed to be living in mobile homes, given that they are travelling? How the hell is the above the government's fault? And how the hell is that going to be resolved so easily? In the case of anti social behaviour, there will be resistance in a neighbourhood to known trouble-makers moving in there.

Now there are decent people who have nowhere to live because the rent is just too crazy high (again, how is the woeful greed of some property owners the fault of the government? Yes I know some of said property owners are politicians, but then there are the myriad who aren't) or their lease has ended and they just cannot find a place to live. There are rough sleepers/people who have to rely on homeless shelters too (the reasons for this are usually mental illness and addiction and violent tendencies) but there is absolutely no way that all of those included in the homelessness figures make up the last two groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Omackeral wrote:
    Do you jabronis realise the OP is not an AH moderator? He's just a normal poster like everyone when posting on After Hours. Relax your proverbial cacks.

Yes op explained this earlier in the day after I made the suggestion. Why bring it up again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We rent on the basis of the first suitable people with the deposit are in, when we get calls we keep them in order.

Now, we’re just after getting an Irish family out and the state the property is in afterwards is just disgusting. The cooker will Need recycled as seems it was never cleaned in four years, I’ve had to bleach most walls to prep for painting. The smell of mould in the kitchen was sickening.
    Plus it seems I’m left with a about a skip full of their crap to get rid of.
    Plus the house it off the market for a month.

Thankfully I know the next family but from Now will be asking for two months deposit plus one up front as it offers better protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

This doesn't surprise me. The do gooders will bring in all of these people and give them free houses and cars and God knows what else, while Irish people suffer in the cold on a nightly basis.

It's an attempt at buying votes, hence why such people always support unlimited immigration, they expect the newcomers to vote for them

Until we get our act together, we will continue to be treated as second class citizens in our own country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

aido79 wrote: »
    As said I just want to know if there is any truth behind the Facebook post.

Hi OP, all you need to do is like and share this post and comment "thanks Ryanair" and you've won a free Business Class flight with Ryanair to New York.

DS86DS wrote: »
    This doesn't surprise me. The do gooders will bring in all of these people and give them free houses and cars and God knows what else, while Irish people suffer in the cold on a nightly basis.

It's an attempt at buying votes, hence why such people always support unlimited immigration, they expect the newcomers to vote for them

Until we get our act together, we will continue to be treated as second class citizens in our own country.

Only a tiny amount of the “homeless” are out in the cold, the spring count for Dublin was 110. Withinnthese are people who refuse supports for a number of reasons.

The majority of homeless are given accommodation of some sorts in out of the cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

_Brian wrote: »
    Only a tiny amount of the “homeless” are out in the cold, the spring count for Dublin was 110. Withinnthese are people who refuse supports for a number of reasons.

The majority of homeless are given accommodation of some sorts in out of the cold.

Sharing a room with 20 other people.

Lucky them eh....

Lucky them eh....

The system is chock full of families pushing out kids and drawing welfare as a way of life. They choose this, they choose to live of the rest of us.

We can’t go on providing a house for every family who choose this as their profession. At some stage they need to rake what’s offered and that’s it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

fullstop wrote: »
    Hi OP, all you need to do is like and share this post and comment "thanks Ryanair" and you've won a free Business Class flight with Ryanair to New York.

Will they turf an American out of a house in New York so I can have somewhere to stay when I get there? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Earthsnotflat

We can’t go on providing a house for every family who choose this as their profession. At some stage they need to rake what’s offered and that’s it.[/quote]

I agree, but that's the result of definition of vulnerability, only those on welfare are seen as vulnerable so resources are directed towards them. And to be on welfare one need to fit into some vulnerability type ex. 'single' mother etc. Or to be 'homeless' recently. I know of people who don't do any effort to find some accommodation , they prefer to go easy way to try to jump into housing list, thats quite common. Hard working people are left on their own to compete in ever raising costs of life whereas very high earners and welfare beneficiaries don't have such worries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Yeah it does happen much. See all those people that aren't Irish every single day, well here's a shocker for you... They actually exist!

I know foreigners exist, I met one once, was many years ago now, but I distinctly remember thinking to myself "that's one of them foreigners I've heard about"
    They denied it of course, but then they would wouldn't they - they're sneaky like that foreigners.... and protestants. You just can't trust either of the bastards.

I've yet to meet anyone who was obliged to jettison a child to make room for one though, that was kinda my point.
    They live in our houses, use our health services, use our transport etc. Hundreds of thousands in a city of a population just over a million.

It's not really "our" health service, or "our" transport though is it. This isn't 1950's Alabama, we don't require the Nigerians to stand so the Irish may sit. The system belongs to the people who live here - if you want to be pedantic it belongs to the people who pay for it, be they Irish, Egyptian or Martian.

Being a civilised society we also let people who for whatever reason don't pay as much for it use it if they happen to live here, or just be here for a short visit again be they Irish, Egyptian or Martian.

You wouldn't like it if you twisted your ankle in Zakynthos and they told you to fúck off back to the Mater because this is a Greek hospital for Greek people now would you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Have people learned nothing from the Cambridge Analytica saga?

Don't get your "news" from Facebook!!!!
    It's targeted, emotive, and manipulating you.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭FelaniaMump

The racism and stupidity fairly oozes out of this thread. One wonders if some of you dare to be so vile IRL or is it just when you are behind your screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Why do people assume immigrants will be unemployed and need social welfare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

20Cent wrote: »

Its the classic racist garbage where immigrants are all lazy, unemployed and receiving social welfare but at the same time they are also all stealing Irish jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

As I said earlier in the thread there are good reasons why some people are homeless. Giving them a home and letting them at it would be a disaster. Would you be happy to see them move in beside you?

I know foreigners exist, I met one once, was many years ago now, but I distinctly remember thinking to myself "that's one of them foreigners I've heard about"
    They denied it of course, but then they would wouldn't they - they're sneaky like that foreigners.... and protestants. You just can't trust either of the bastards.

I've yet to meet anyone who was obliged to jettison a child to make room for one though, that was kinda my point.

It's not really "our" health service, or "our" transport though is it. This isn't 1950's Alabama, we don't require the Nigerians to stand so the Irish may sit. The system belongs to the people who live here - if you want to be pedantic it belongs to the people who pay for it, be they Irish, Egyptian or Martian.

Being a civilised society we also let people who for whatever reason don't pay as much for it use it if they happen to live here, or just be here for a short visit again be they Irish, Egyptian or Martian.

You wouldn't like it if you twisted your ankle in Zakynthos and they told you to fúck off back to the Mater because this is a Greek hospital for Greek people now would you?

Irish people don't flood Greece in their millions. Nor do they cause crime and trouble. Nor do they get free houses, free cars, free everything.

As for your "it doesn't matter if you're Martian" malarky, what a load of Frankfurt School Marxist bullsh!t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

An incredibly inefficient way to buy votes. It is also an incredibly stupid things to suggest. If you really think we are 2nd class citizens you should go try to live in direct provision. If any believes this kind of nonsense there is no hope they will ever be able to deal with the real world as they think everyone is out to get them.

What a troll
    I have no problems with the genuine homeless. And that he does not bother or intimidate people is good.

The real problem is the aggressive and intimidating scumbags who go around asking for smokes or "a euro for the bus".........and dish out all sorts of verbal abuse if they don't get what they want.....and that's if you're fortune not to be robbed by one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭MFPM

I just want to know if the story is actually true. That's all...no more or no less.
    No need for such an insulting comment.

Do you take a keen interest in all evictions, does each one merit a thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Earthsnotflat

Immigrants or not, people should be able to afford to work, it isn't always the case, some people do want 'easy' life on welfare, others have no choice and are humiliated and disheartened by it. Everyone should be able to work and maintain himself not be perpetually dependent on state, it's like never to be able to grow and move out of parents

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭FelaniaMump

Irish people don't flood Greece in their millions. Nor do they cause crime and trouble. Nor do they get free houses, free cars, free everything.

So, the same as any other group coming to Ireland? Nobody comes in their millions, nobody gets free cars or free houses or anything else.
    Was this a rabid fever dream you had or having you been drinking with Tommy Robinson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

MFPM wrote: »
    Do you take a keen interest in all evictions, does each one merit a thread?

I take little or no interest in evictions. This one only caught my attention because I've seen it more than a few times and seem to be quoting an easily identifiable councillor. I'd like to know why he doesn't seem to have done anything to stop it going around Facebook.

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    An incredibly inefficient way to buy votes. It is also an incredibly stupid things to suggest. If you really think we are 2nd class citizens you should go try to live in direct provision. If any believes this kind of nonsense there is no hope they will ever be able to deal with the real world as they think everyone is out to get them.

The only people who believe this shít are the ones who are chronically unable to accept any responsibility for their own lives. It's not my fault I have a shítty job, live in a shítty house, drive a shítty car or even have a shítty girlfriend.
    If it wasn't for johnny foreigner I'd probably be driving Rossanna Davidson back to my dalkey mansion in my brand new Ferrari, well that's if I wasn't flying business class to Tokyo to finalise that merger..... obviously!

I understand concerns about immigration - that does not make me racist, but there is no way that people genuinely believe a group of model tenants were just turfed out to make way for migrants just because of being migrants. Come on! And also, free cars? Again, nobody actually believes this.

"What about the homeless?" just seems very disingenuous too. And a lot of those included in the homelessness figures have been making life hell due to anti social behaviour, and not paying a cent of rent, or won't accept offers of local authority housing because the house isn't to their liking or in the area they want. But they are *entitled* to and demand the state paying for them to stay in a hotel every night. A sh1tty way to live but they're not freezing on the streets. :rolleyes:

As for your "it doesn't matter if you're Martian" malarky, what a load of Frankfurt School Marxist bullsh!t

Ah it's Balbriggan man, still spreading hatred and nonsense.
    Nor do they cause crime and trouble.

That's interesting, there's quite a bit of crime and trouble in Ireland predominently caused by Irish people but you're suggetsing that when Irish people migrate they never cause trouble or crime...interesting!
    Nor do they get free houses, free cars, free everything.

Who gets this stuff here?

:):) Did you read that somewhere and thought you copy and paste it - tell us all you know about the Frankfurt School - I'm intrigued?

• Advertisement

Why do people misuse the terms "Marxist" and "globalist"?

Why is "snowflake" no longer used correctly (an extremely sensitive person) and just the default for anyone in disagreement?

I can assure you I'm anything but a Marxist!

Irish people we're always known for emigrating, or have you forgotten - Greece may not have been the destination of choice, but the UK, US, Canada, Australia are all teaming with Irish and have been for generations.

Who is flooding here in their millions by the way? And who is getting free houses, free cars, free everything?

Nobody arrives from anywhere in the whole god damned world to some shít hole council estate in the back arse of waterford, signs on the scratcher and thinks "Yup, this will do me pal, I have fúcking struck gold"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

_Brian wrote: »

Lucky them eh....

It's not about being 'lucky them', it's about keeping people who might otherwise end up sleeping rough in a sleeping bag in the shelter of a doorway. What do you suppose that is compared to sharing a room? More people now seems to feel ones own bedroom is now some sort of a human right. If more than a couple of children occupy a bedroom now, it's squalor and the country has gone to the dogs. Nonsense. A generation ago it was perhaps an unusual luxury. It would be great of course if all needy could be given their own apartments. But in the real workd tough decisions have to be made, and they are instead offered beds in a dorm. Fair enough. Nice 'things' are not a human right or need. There are depending on your pov better places money should go instead of upgrading accommodation for the homeless, for example Id rather Temple Street Hospital didn't have to rely on fundraising to have a sufficient budget to look after sick children.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Don’t believe a word of this story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I know a couple that just got saddled with a 400'000 euro mortgage, wont be paid off until they are nearly 70. That's a looooooong time for all sorts to go wrong.
    If they can get the 400k mortgage, they should have it cleared my 65 at the latest, unless they fudged the numbers. More fool them then.
    20Cent wrote: »
    Those that read The Sun, Daily Fail, etc are told this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Ah it's Balbriggan man, still spreading hatred and nonsense.

That's interesting, there's quite a bit of crime and trouble in Ireland predominently caused by Irish people but you're suggetsing that when Irish people migrate they never cause trouble or crime...interesting!

Who gets this stuff here?

:):) Did you read that somewhere and thought you copy and paste it - tell us all you know about the Frankfurt School - I'm intrigued?

I could give the Frankfurt stuff a go, although I’m not in favour of totally closed borders. I remain cynical about open borders though.

A lot of your argument there is whataboutary. It doesn’t really matter if we have existing criminality, we shouldn’t import any more than necessary. That Irish people may have caused crime in emigrating to other countries was up to those countries to police, which in fact they often did and do. countries with visa requirements don’t leave in criminals. I’ve known people not get into the US with a record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

the_syco wrote: »
    If they can get the 400k mortgage, they should have it cleared my 65 at the latest, unless they fudged the numbers. More fool them then.

Some mortgage holders go beyond 65. You’re right they should overpay though (if that is what you meant).

Those that read The Sun, Daily Fail, etc are told this.

Or this ESRI report from 2010.

https://www.esri.ie/news/ethnicity-and-nationality-in-the-irish-labour-market/

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

What would you suggest I put as the thread title?

Why is it pathetic? I'm just trying to figure out if the story is even true and if so details behind the eviction.

..****stirrer alert....happy Christmas

I could give the Frankfurt stuff a go, although I’m not in favour of totally closed borders. I remain cynical about open borders though.

A lot of your argument there is whataboutary. It doesn’t really matter if we have existing criminality, we shouldn’t import any more than necessary. That Irish people may have caused crime in emigrating to other countries was up to those countries to police, which in fact they often did and do. countries with visa requirements don’t leave in criminals. I’ve known people not get into the US with a record.
    I remain cynical about open borders though.

We don't have open borders, it's a myth propagated by elements on the centre and far right.
    A lot of your argument there is whataboutary.

It's not, it's an analagous comparison to indicate the nonsense posted by the poster to whom I was replying.
    It doesn’t really matter if we have existing criminality, we shouldn’t import any more than necessary.

'We' are not importing anything. Migrants, irrespective of how we characterise them come here for a variety of different reasons, it's likely that a small proportion may committ some criminality because that's part and parcel of any society in the world. If 'we' were actively seeking migrants with a criminal record you might have a point as we don't, your 'point' is utterly disingenuous nay irrelevant.
    That Irish people may have caused crime in emigrating to other countries was up to those countries to police, which in fact they often did and do.

And likewise if some migrants do a bit of shoplifting in Penneys it's up to AGS to deal with it.
    countries with visa requirements don’t leave in criminals.

I've dealt with this already - 'we' don't let in criminals either but 'we' can't predict if a person may commit a crime, can we?
    I’ve known people not get into the US with a record.

And? Ireland is letting in people with criminal records?

• Advertisement

Ah it's Balbriggan man

Ha ha ha, you're hilarious.

Advertisement