Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Great Shag won't be long, DM is online and then it's me plus I will be picking someone who is online at the time to go after me so we could be having a good run of picks coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Excuse that slip up. I was working off of the phone and got confused.

Hopefully we should be sorted there now.

Thought I landed on my feet getting Bobby so late in the game. Thankfully the rejig has made a few decisions for me which is always a plus.

Still some massive names floating around. I'd echo what BH said in his commentary of the rosters. With credible Main Event picks growing every year it is great to see "Main Event" pairing mixing it up at bit. Not going for the obvious.

One of my favourite draft story lines ever was "The Dynamite (kid) King." When either BH or Mr Nice Guy booked Dynamite kid as his world champ. It was fantastic.

ShagNastii wrote: »

One of my favourite draft story lines ever was "The Dynamite (kid) King." When either BH or Mr Nice Guy booked Dynamite kid as his world champ. It was fantastic.

That was MNG guy but yeah it was a great one.

Pmd Guappa just there as he is online at the moment and now he's next in this round. I'd stay around if you can however as he might be pming one of you soon.

Very happy with Bruno so late

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nice run of picks now hopefully. Regal is one I was considering as a commissioner type figure but kinda went off when I drafted Shane O Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That was MNG guy but yeah it was a great one.

Pmd Guappa just there as he is online at the moment and now he's next in this round. I'd stay around if you can however as he might be pming one of you soon.

Very happy with Bruno so late

In the middle of something just now, I'll have my pick up in a couple of hours.

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote:
    In the middle of something just now, I'll have my pick up in a couple of hours.

Don't pick me next anyways Mr. G, I'll be AFK for the rest of the night till likely tomorrow morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The Dynamite King rocked.

What a grade A prick..... in a good way

Echo that I think it was my favourite draft storyline.

Cesaro/Flair from beaker a close second though.

Both worthy winners.

I think that both feuds happened the same year iirc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think that both feuds happened the same year iirc

Nah, Cesaro/Flair was your first win in 2016:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98969291&postcount=25

MNG's main event that year was Balor VS Edge iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I've PM'd Daithi as I see he's online.

Really wanted Tegan so decided to pick her now just in case she was on anyone's radar. Dakota is a nice bonus who'll fill another role for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Necro wrote: »
    Echo that I think it was my favourite draft storyline.

Cesaro/Flair from beaker a close second though.

Both worthy winners.

I didn't win the year I did the Dynamite King storyline but I had fun with it. I think my favourite bit of that year was getting to give Kim Kardashian the Stone Cold Stunner on my show opener. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Sorry lads - just seen its my pick. Gonna throw it up and jazz it up tomorrow as I'm currently out.

My selection was cleared with BH the other day.

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Sorry lads - just seen its my pick. Gonna throw it up and jazz it up tomorrow as I'm currently out.

My selection was cleared with BH the other day.

Fantastic pick by daithi.

Pick made and PM sent. Excited to use this team.

beakerjoe wrote:
    Fantastic pick by daithi.

I legit had to look them up to see if they were eligible.

Concur. Great pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I was very tempted to take Demolition in the last round but I'm not convinced I'd use them properly, look forward to seeing what MNG comes up with. Also I'm a little relieved to see Daithi get Ziggler & to get ADR with him is great value; I had a different partner in mind for Dolph & had he still been available by my pick in this round I think I would've had to take them even if they didn't fit any current plans.

Had a bit of a brainwave last night that saw me scrap almost my entire card & come up with completely different feuds. Think the draft might have renewed my wrestling enthusiasm as I'm thinking of resubbing to the Network tonight for the first time in months.

Had a bit of a brainwave last night that saw me scrap almost my entire card & come up with completely different feuds. Think the draft might have renewed my wrestling enthusiasm as I'm thinking of resubbing to the Network tonight for the first time in months.

Me too! I'm signing back up for Mania season starting with the Rumble tomorrow.

Draft is one of my fave parts of it.

Now to convince MNG to run his winter league to keep us going through the painful times....

:D

Not sure who MNG pmd to go next but here is the list of those left to pick this round
    SlickRic
    Necro
    beakerjoe
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    Alfred Borden
    Bounty Hunter
    Shagnastii
    JP Liz V1
    paulie21
    daithi1989
    Mr. Guappa
    Mr. Nice Guy
    Lord TSC
    Ruat Caelum
    DM_7

Careful not to spoil the rumble when posting the Rd12 order folks. I'm going to try to watch the show as soon as I can for example but WWE shows are mammoth these days and it's not like you can just skip into the mens Rumble match as then you run the risk of the announcers spoiling prior matches.

I picked beakerjoe since he was the last to comment on the discussion thread when I picked. He must have logged off before he got the PM.

• Advertisement

I picked beakerjoe since he was the last to comment on the discussion thread when I picked. He must have logged off before he got the PM.

I got the PM, im just mad busy and weighing up two picks.

Will have my pick up shortly

Home now and thanks BH for the work the last few days. Pretty much uninterrupted (bar work) for the rest of the draft so let the madness resume :D

Sorry sbout the delay guys. Busy day for me and I feel horrible for delaying.

Ibushi was not in my plans but couldnt pass him by. Roster is already sorted bar one person.

Ibushi is who I was hoping for this round, not a vital piece by any means but excellent value at this stage

Ibushi is who I was hoping for this round, not a vital piece by any means but excellent value at this stage

Im open to trade most on my roster. Though Im happy with them all

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im open to trade most on my roster. Though Im happy with them all

It's moreso that I have one person with no feud yet & Ibushi was my first choice. So if I traded him for Ibushi I'd still be in the same place :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heenan is a great pick

Thanks Brad, pick up now and Alfred PMed as he seems to be online at the mo.

Happy to get Thesz back, enjoyed writing him last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pick made and Liz PMed.

• Advertisement

Pick made and Liz PMed.

Thanks Alf, I had forgot about Swagger until his MMA debut :P Paulie PM'd

Nice one, normally I'd put up the next round order now but given we're so close to the Rumble it can wait till tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Pick made nearly sure neither have been in picked. Ruat PM’ed

Round 12 order up folks. Not posting times or anything just yet as the Rumble was only on last night.

I have them though if anyone wishes to verify them, just send me a PM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pick made.
    PM sent to Lord TSC.

Malenko is too good to turn down, and I may as well get Saturn as a bonus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gotta run out for a bit but I'll get my pick up as soon as I get back :)

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Pick made.
    PM sent to Lord TSC.

Malenko is too good to turn down, and I may as well get Saturn as a bonus.

I don't know why I thought Malenko was already gone, great pick as is Sherri at this stage

I'm making a pick I'm 95% sure qualify as a tag team cause they've been teaming together on Impact since August, according to the records I can find. But I don't really watch TNA so hope I'm reading it right :P

The main pick also runs under a few names, but I'm also 95% no one has picked him yet either.

And done. Pentagon and Fenix.

The two have tagged together on Impact 9 times since July (as well as being current Impact champions) so they qualify, and no one else had them, yeah?

Yep, all good from a brief look Lord. I think DM_7 is the only one left to pick this round now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yep, all good from a brief look Lord. I think DM_7 is the only one left to pick this round now.

Since ye left me till last I will pick some time in next 23 hours......

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    Since ye left me till last I will pick some time in next 23 hours......

:pac: We'd all deserve it too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

At this stage I have no idea who is left or who to pick so I am picking almost at random!

Pick made anyway.

Maybe this will help everyone who might be struggling at this stage with picks and who has gone/who hasn't:

Updated Rosters to End of Round 11:

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Round 7 Round 8 Round 9 Round 10 Round 11
    Mr. Nice Guy Randy Orton Bret Hart AJ Styles Mick Foley Bray Wyatt The Great Muta Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes Bludgeon Brothers Gail Kim Terry & Dory Funk Jr. Demolition
    Bounty Hunter Shawn Michaels Hiroshi Tanahashi The Rock Arn Anderson & Brian Pillman Ricky Steamboat Jerry Lawler New Age Outlaws Chyna Tessa Blanchard Andre The Giant & Haku Bruno Sammartino
    beakerjoe Becky Lynch Aleister Black Cody Rhodes & Goldust Dusty Rhodes Ted DiBiase Road Warriors Big E & Kofi Kingston Mr Perfect (Trade) Awesome and Aja Kong KENTA Kota Ibushi
    Necro Finn Balor Sheamus CM Punk Rob Van Dam Braun Strowman Gallows & Anderson Shane McMahon Ken Shamrock & Steve Blackman Michelle Mc Cool Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga Lou Thesz
    Mr. Guappa Ronda Rousey Trish Stratus Randy Savage Rey Mysterio Rusev Will Ospreay Shayna Baszler Umaga Kairi Sane & Mayu Iwatani Jushin Liger Tegan Nox & Dakota Kai
    daithi1989 John Cena Pete Dunne Goldberg Drew Mc Intyre Nikki Cross Matt Sydal & Ricochet AJ Lee The Revival Carmella The Usos Dolph Ziggler & Alberto Del Rio
    Ruat Caelum Chris Jericho Roddy Piper Hulk Hogan Young Bucks Sami Zayn & Neville Jeff Jarrett Elias World's Greatest Tag Team Bayley Bobby Roode & James Storm Sensational Sherri
    paulie21 Roman Reigns Edge Ric Flair Scott Steiner Dean Ambrose Matt Hardy Big Show Alexa Bliss Mickie James Sycho Sid & Dan Spivey MVP & Mr. Kennedy
    JP Liz V1 Seth Rollins Owen Hart & British Bulldog Eddie Guerrero Christian John Morrison Austin Aries Curtis Axel & Bo Dallas DH Smith Shaul Guerrero Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin Jack Swagger
    Alfred Borden The Undertaker Kane Sting John Bradshaw Layfield Ultimate Warrior Bubba Ray Dudley Lita Paige Melina Raven & Tommy Dreamer Lex Luger & Buff Bagwell
    Lord TSC Triple H Kenny Omega Batista The Miz Velveteen Dream Xavier Woods Booker T Stephanie McMahon Rosemary Joey Ryan & Scott Lost Pentagon Jr. & Fenix
    Shagnastii Kurt Angle Tetsuya Naito Scott Hall, Rick Rude (trade) Vince McMahon Kevin Nash Marty Scrull & Zack Sabre Jnr Matt Riddle Andrade Cien Almas Zelina Vega William Regal Bobby Heenan
    SlickRic Brock Lesnar Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi Steve Austin Chris Benoit Vader Bruiser Brody Tyler Bate & Trent Seven Dynamite Kid Sable Tiger Mask Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn
    A Brad Maddox Guy Daniel Bryan Cesaro & Tyson Kidd Samoa Joe Jake Roberts Shinsuke Nakamura Jeff Hardy Diamond Dallas Page Asuka Io Shirai American Wolves Jordan Devlin
    DM_7 Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Kazuchika Okada Kevin Owens Lashley Charlotte Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole American Alpha Sasha Banks Toni Storm The Briscoes Beth Phoenix

How many matches are folks planning on their cards this year? I've tentatively got I think 4 currently with plans for each. I'll likely add a fifth but I can't see me adding any more than that this year (which might be music to some people's ears given my penchant for a lot in the past :pac: )

How many matches are folks planning on their cards this year? I've tentatively got I think 4 currently with plans for each. I'll likely add a fifth but I can't see me adding any more than that this year (which might be music to some people's ears given my penchant for a lot in the past :pac: )

I had not planned to go crazy with the number of matches this year and yet I am currently expecting around 8!

Already have all the needed participants for 5 planned ones as things stand. That said most of mine will be 1on1 bouts and im guessing given who you have on your roster and the low number 1 of yours might be a big faction war.

I have not started writing anything really still (despite the above perculating plans) and probably won't for another 2 weeks due to travelling over Chinese New Year but did mean to confirm the show limit this year so that I could pre plan to some extent. Was it 4 shows (could be 5 posts if a PPV was split over 2) or am I mis-remembering last years?

I had not planned to go crazy with the number of matches this year and yet I am currently expecting around 8!

Already have all the needed participants for 5 planned ones as things stand. That said most of mine will be 1on1 bouts and im guessing given who you have on your roster and the low number 1 of yours might be a big faction war.

I have not started writing anything really still (despite the above perculating plans) and probably won't for another 2 weeks due to travelling over Chinese New Year but did mean to confirm the show limit this year so that I could pre plan to some extent. Was it 4 shows (could be 5 posts if a PPV was split over 2) or am I mis-remembering last years?

4 posts, use them how you like.

So as per beaker's example last year:
    1 introductory post
    1 show or feud highlight
    2 for the PPV.

I don't mind other variations though as long as the four posts are adhered to.

As for the faction war.... I might be going in that direction :pac:

I have 6 matches planned at the minute depending on one future pick. Could easily change depending on who else I draft. I know I said before we started that I'd likely only be a PPV Card this year but I quite like some of the feuds I thought of a couple nights ago and mightn't be able to resist writing them.

As I said before the Rumble, the Draft seems to have rebooted my wrestling enthusiasm :P

I'll try and get my pick up soon, Nattie was my top pick for this round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Eh Liz I did a bit of a ninja edit 20 mins after my pick. Look again.

I hope this isn’t a problem for anyone who may have picked up on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement