Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Eh Liz I did a bit of a ninja edit 20 mins after my pick. Look again.

I hope this isn’t a problem for anyone who may have picked up on it.

Ha 20 mins.... more like an hour. Ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Ah Beak I couldn’t claim anything as a “ninja edit” if I correctly admitted it took an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eh Liz I did a bit of a ninja edit 20 mins after my pick. Look again.

I hope this isn’t a problem for anyone who may have picked up on it.

I appreciate the edit but I have changed some plans now so picked the forgotten Rocker (underrated too) Marty Jannetty who despite what Heenan said did not throw himself through the window to escape HBK :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That is quite the pick Alfred, I didn't release the longest incarnation of Doink teamed with Farooq back in WCW. Nicely researched, not sure if that pick has been made before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Necro wrote: »
    That is quite the pick Alfred, I didn't release the longest incarnation of Doink teamed with Farooq back in WCW. Nicely researched, not sure if that pick has been made before.

Faarooq is a former World Champion so most years it wouldn't have been allowed anyway. Great pick though, especially with Bradshaw already on the roster.

I'll post round 13 up tonight as I'm away for most of tomorrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Round 13 already!

DM_7 wrote: »
    Round 13 already!

I know :eek:

Pace has slowed the last few days but it's not even Feb yet!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

loving the pace tbh even though I don't think I'll be ready to write for a while and had not expected to have to for ages given the writting process usually ends around Mania time!
    Footage of Minoru Suzuki arriving in the BWA
    tenor.gif?itemid=4897871

• Advertisement

Speaking of rounds, I said I'd ask the rest of you as I can't decide myself which would be preferable.

Do you guys want....

A) An average ordered Round 15 with a double pick stipulation

OR

B) Average ordered round 15 with a different stip, and a bonus round 16.

Opening it to the floor on what you would prefer :)

I have no fear with regards getting a late pick in the final round affecting who i might go for then so I'd be inclined to go with the double pick one only so I could plan ahead without worrying about a stip but I'd be fine with either tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Speaking of rounds, I said I'd ask the rest of you as I can't decide myself which would be preferable.

Do you guys want....

OR

I don't like the idea of a stip round so late. A lot of people will be trying to fill out specific roles in their rosters, so a restrictive stip could be an issue so late. Other than that I don't mind if it's 15x2 or 15+16.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of a stip round so late. A lot of people will be trying to fill out specific roles in their rosters, so a restrictive stip could be an issue so late. Other than that I don't mind if it's 15x2 or 15+16.

Ah no, there won't be any limiting stips this late in the day anyways. Most people have plans in place and I don't want to disrupt that. I have the next few rounds planned just not sure what people would prefer.

Ah no, there won't be any limiting stips this late in the day anyways. Most people have plans in place and I don't want to disrupt that. I have the next few rounds planned just not sure what people would prefer.

Perfect. I might go for 15+16 so. Picks phase has flown by, so I don't see the harm in extending it by a few days, particularly as a few people have mentioned they are not ready to start writing yet.

I'm leaning that way myself tbh, Mr. G. I think even though it's a nice touch to those not getting great draws with a double pick round you're looking at the last person getting their next go after essentially 28 picks.

It's a bit too harsh I think personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Go with both options! Double Pick R15 and a R16!!:D:D

Seriously though.. Think R15/16 single picks would be better.

The pace of the draft is great.

However I have been informed Ive an interview at the end of Feb, early March and thats gonna hinder my chances to begin writing. I have to clear everything from now until then.

The double picks and a 16th round are always welcome for me.

I think those rounds people generally use for housekeeping for their roster (I.e paddling out a stable or getting someone’s valet)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The pace of the draft is great.

However I have been informed Ive an interview at the end of Feb, early March and thats gonna hinder my chances to begin writing. I have to clear everything from now until then.

Best of luck beaker. Have an aptitude test myself in Dublin tomorrow for EO, and likely one in the next few months again for another competition. Have training for another role as well on at the moment and starting the week of the WW game :(

Must say I'm pretty busy myself with work for the next few weeks but I've managed to get segments written in downtime either at work or at home.

The 4 posts rule is actually a blessing this year for me, not sure I'd be able to create my usual thesis of content if it was the old format.

While I havent time to do much this year, I still feel that Id rather post more than less. I love creating a backstory, building a feud week to week in details and the ppv itself.

Good luck Necro, as a man who has successfully become an EO im always available to help. PM me if ya want.

Im going for HEO internal and I need to get in the preparation zone.

• Advertisement

While I havent time to do much this year, I still feel that Id rather post more than less. I love creating a backstory, building a feud week to week in details and the ppv itself.

Good luck Necro, as a man who has successfully become an EO im always available to help. PM me if ya want.

Im going for HEO internal and I need to get in the preparation zone.

Agreed it's difficult, I feel I'm leaving out important parts of my plans in the 4 post format but it is what it is I guess.

Yeah, internal EO here is what I'm going for tomorrow then the open competition in the next few months. Hoping to get back closer to home by the end of the year by any means necessary :pac:

Definitely in favour of an additional round. Considering the lesser numbers picking & the increase in stature of so many wrestlers over the last 2 years there are still lots of big names left.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, I didn't miss the celebrity round, did I?

Lord TSC wrote: »

hasn't happened yet

Unreal how late Heyman went this time round. Serious value in Round 12 from that pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Unreal how late Heyman went this time round. Serious value in Round 12 from that pick.

I honestly think people were just kind to me since I had Brock.

Gonna be a few hours before I get my pick up. Moving house currently, and will be later before I get a chance to consult my list.

Funny you should mention that ;)

Round 13 draw up folks :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Congrats to Guappa for drafting you know who, then :P

Even if I was first, its a hinderance. I wouldnt be interested.

I do have a celeb in mind myself

• Advertisement

Do you guys want....

OR

B for me ;)

Happy to get Hero at this stage, almost picked him in each of the last two rounds. I'll be working late tomorrow so if it gets round to me it'll probably be after 9pm before I can make the pick.

Not sure if the level of involvement these celebs have to have had in PW was mentioned in the stip this time but assuming it’s the same as previous years I’d imagine everyone knows who you mean and he’ll id have probably taken him even if just to trade him this year.

With my mid round draw this time I’m actually kind of hoping others take some of the more tempting name and don’t let them slip through to me as I currently don’t plan on taking any of them.

SlickRic wrote: »
    I honestly think people were just kind to me since I had Brock.

I was close to picking him. Only for I had him last year, ai chose Easy E instead

Very happy to get Mayweather in this round, fits my plans perfectly.
    I could have drafted a certain someone else, but I would have been shoehorning him into stuff and I didn't want to force it.

I didn't plan on taking any celeb this year but I realised last night that Trump could actually fit into my main feud quite well with a little rejigging. I will say that if anyone wants him I am open to a trade, same goes for most of my roster.

Interesting pick by Alfred, clearly a man with plans in place :D

Nicely done on reuniting the Ministry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Interesting pick by Alfred, clearly a man with plans in place :D

Nicely done on reuniting the Ministry.

Thanks man. Couldn't resist getting them back together. Lots of other wrestlers on the roster with previous history now.

3rd celeb goes to Lord. Interesting that some want celebs and others are pushing forward with their own plans, I'd have considered Floyd I think but not a hope he was making it to me.
    Had Trump before, probably wouldn't revisit that :pac:

I like seeing how people utilise their celeb pick though, some of the angles in the past worked out excellently.

• Advertisement

Really like the twist on the celeb round this year.

Really like the twist on the celeb round this year.

Well my thinking was, I didn't want to make it urgent as most are pretty entrenched in their plans this year and might want someone more than a celeb.

So the option is there at any stage to take one from now on if people would like :)

Pick made. Very pleased he wasnt taken yet.

"(Ladies and gents, this is the moment you've waited for ......woooooooooooah)
    "

Amell was one, along with Trump I probably would have taken as they would both provide something different to what I have taken in the past to work with. That said I did have a superhero last year but Amell is someone I could take far more seriously in an angle that ends up in the ring than even a lot of the combat athletes that usually get taken. I had Ronda twice in the celeb round (before this year when she was eligible in non celeb rounds) for the same reason, you could legit see her in a wrestling match.

Thought I had found a great celeb to write for but in the end only found evidence of him being in the crowd for an NWA affiliate not actively involved so right now I'm not sure if I will take a celeb though thankfully the way the stip is set up I could still take a lesser one in a later round.

edit: ahh Dang, Hugh Jackman was the only other celeb I was considering at this point for this round! nice job BJ (oh and g'luck on the interview)

Pick made. Very pleased he wasnt taken yet.

"(Ladies and gents, this is the moment you've waited for ......woooooooooooah)
    "

Very nearly picked HJ myself; but didnt have 100% plans for him, so let it slip by. Happy with R Truth also!

edit: ahh Dang, Hugh Jackman was the only other celeb I was considering at this point for this round! nice job BJ (oh and g'luck on the interview)

Cheers BH, I hope Im able to contribute.

Hugh was my first choice celeb, Amell was my back up. Have a little plan for him since a few rounds back and delighted to get him.

• Advertisement

I wasn't really going to take a celeb but I think Mr. T could work, A Team meet B Team :p

Round 14 draw up plus a little... stip :)

Long way to go til my next pick so - no point even trying to plan with the stip in mind, although I had a tag team in mind to draft a few round back that are still available. If still available, I might have to take them!

Torn between two picks myself, half hoping Shaggers makes it an easy decision for me.

Holy smoke that was quick Necro. I was just about to PM you.

Have a feeling my choice may not have help you choose. Just had to shoot on my celeb this round even though I think nobody else wanted her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement