Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Nigel has already been drafted Lord, as far as I know?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »
    And done.

Hope you like him, Maddox. I tried to pick someone who suited your roster, and with the ROH vibe, and the technical wrestling vibe, felt he would be a solid pick to flesh out your roster a bit. :)

Liz already took Nigel, Lord :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

God damn it, I checked the list and couldn't see him :( Will pick again now.

Was bloody proud of that one.

Right, fixed it.

99% sure Low Ki is available, and I think he matches a similar tone to Nigel that I was aiming for :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Fun, Bounty! Always fun :P

:D

It had to be the mystery box! I think you will be happy (others may not be), though you might not have a clue what to do with them.

Will have my picks up in a minute, just in after a long day.

• Advertisement

Those are two super solid names actually. When I was looking at my card earlier, I felt I needed a super strong midcard match and those two 100% deliver! Awesome.

Didn't think anyone would take Tully on me but knew I really shouldn't wait another round to get Arn's tag partner in. Almost 100% neither of the guys I gave LTSC had been picked too, which tbh is part of the reason I picked them especially the less murdery one :pac: can't have a PW draft without someone writing for him!

edit: glad to see you like the pick!

Couldn't help myself :pac:

Round 16 (final round) up folks!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The drafting has gone so quick we need a developmental brand draft to follow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Last pick of the draft - huge responsibility! One I wish I didnt have with it being Double Picks! I dont have any need for anyone though, so not the end of the world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Right, fixed it.

99% sure Low Ki is available, and I think he matches a similar tone to Nigel that I was aiming for :)

Quite happy with Kaval, had him on my list :D Also I became aware of the 00s ROH vibe once I picked Wolves & knowing I needed Chris Hero but I have to admit it was completely accidental :p

And I'm delighted the last round is a double pick, not that there's anyone I need at this stage but it gives us a lot more flexibility for working out any spots for our latter picks.

Quite happy with Kaval, had him on my list :D Also I became aware of the 00s ROH vibe once I picked Wolves & knowing I needed Chris Hero but I have to admit it was completely accidental :p

And I'm delighted the last round is a double pick, not that there's anyone I need at this stage but it gives us a lot more flexibility for working out any spots for our latter picks.

I'm glad, I was wondering would it give rosters a bit of a bloated feel but I don't think any roster looks that way at present tbh.

I thought I was set on my plans but I thought of something different just today so am debating a big rewrite :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

God damn it, I checked the list and couldn't see him :( Will pick again now.

Was bloody proud of that one.

I thought I had put both names up for Nigel/Desmond, sorry if I didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Wanted Xpac. Got Xpac.

Thanks Gupp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Wanted Jesse as my second choice, hope my first choice is still around by my go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Wanted Xpac. Got Xpac.

Thanks Gupp.

Excellent!

Wanted Xpac. Got Xpac.

Thanks Gupp.

If it wasn't X-Pac it would have been Mustafa Ali, who then gets taken next pick by DM_7!

Thanks for Severn DM. A bit out of left field, but I actually don't mind that at all. I'm not quite happy with my midcard so adding him to the mix might just click things into place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Thanks Liz,

Corey was a planned pick so that works out great for me.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Thanks Liz,

Corey was a planned pick so that works out great for me.

th?id=OIP.ZI6nkwVsK1UPdcsVSOgbygHaEL&pid=15.1&P=0&w=308&h=174

And with that, we're now into the final round....

Updated Rosters to End of Round 15:

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Round 7 Round 8 Round 9 Round 10 Round 11 Round 12 Round 13 Round 14 Round 15
    Mr. Nice Guy Randy Orton Bret Hart AJ Styles Mick Foley Bray Wyatt The Great Muta Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes Bludgeon Brothers Gail Kim Terry & Dory Funk Jr. Demolition Fit Finlay WALTER Big Daddy Mr. Fuji, Ted DiBiase Jr.
    Bounty Hunter Shawn Michaels Hiroshi Tanahashi The Rock Arn Anderson & Brian Pillman Ricky Steamboat Jerry Lawler New Age Outlaws Chyna Tessa Blanchard Andre The Giant & Haku Bruno Sammartino Minoru Suzuki Moolah & Mae Young Muhammad Ali Tully Blanchard, Brian Christopher
    beakerjoe Becky Lynch Aleister Black Cody Rhodes & Goldust Dusty Rhodes Ted DiBiase Road Warriors Big E & Kofi Kingston Mr Perfect (Trade) Awesome and Aja Kong KENTA Kota Ibushi Eric Bischoff Hugh Jackman War Raiders IRS, Emma
    Necro Finn Balor Sheamus CM Punk Marty Scurll (trade) Braun Strowman Gallows & Anderson Shane McMahon Ken Shamrock & Steve Blackman Michelle Mc Cool Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga Lou Thesz Angelina Love & Velvet Sky Mark Henry Tazz Big Boss Man & Bull Buchanan, Pete Gas & Joey Abs
    Mr. Guappa Ronda Rousey Trish Stratus Randy Savage Rey Mysterio Rusev Will Ospreay Shayna Baszler Umaga Kairi Sane & Mayu Iwatani Jushin Liger Tegan Nox & Dakota Kai Jim Cornette Floyd Mayweather Bob Sapp Jay Lethal, Dan Severn
    daithi1989 John Cena Pete Dunne Goldberg Drew Mc Intyre Nikki Cross Matt Sydal & Ricochet AJ Lee The Revival Carmella The Usos Dolph Ziggler & Alberto Del Rio Ryback R-Truth Enzo Amore & Big Cass Teddy Long, Rikishi
    Ruat Caelum Chris Jericho Roddy Piper Hulk Hogan Young Bucks Sami Zayn & Neville Jeff Jarrett Elias World's Greatest Tag Team Bayley Bobby Roode & James Storm Sensational Sherri Hardcore Holly Matt Cross Holy Demon Army Molly Holly, Honky Tonk Man
    paulie21 Roman Reigns Edge Ric Flair Scott Steiner Dean Ambrose Matt Hardy Big Show Alexa Bliss Mickie James Sycho Sid & Dan Spivey MVP & Mr. Kennedy Wade Barrett Rob Gronkowski Authors Of Pain Jerry Lynn, Rick Steiner
    JP Liz V1 Seth Rollins Owen Hart & British Bulldog Eddie Guerrero Christian John Morrison Austin Aries Curtis Axel & Bo Dallas DH Smith Shaul Guerrero Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin Jack Swagger Marty Jannetty Mr. T Magnus & Nigel McGuinness Noelle Foley, Jamie Noble & Joey Mercury
    Alfred Borden The Undertaker Kane Sting John Bradshaw Layfield Ultimate Warrior Bubba Ray Dudley Lita Paige Melina Raven & Tommy Dreamer Lex Luger & Buff Bagwell Farooq & Doink Mideon & Viscera Yokozuna Reverend D-Von, Jesse Ventura
    Lord TSC Triple H Kenny Omega Batista The Miz Velveteen Dream Xavier Woods Booker T Stephanie McMahon Rosemary Joey Ryan & Scott Lost Pentagon Jr. & Fenix Peyton Royce & Billie Kay Stephen Amell Val Venis Lucha Dragons, Iron Shiek & Jimmy Snuka
    Shagnastii Kurt Angle Tetsuya Naito Scott Hall, Rick Rude (trade) Vince McMahon Kevin Nash Rob Van Dam (trade), Zack Sabre Jnr Matt Riddle Andrade Cien Almas Zelina Vega William Regal Bobby Heenan EVIL & Sanada Kim Kardashian EC3 Carlito & Chris Masters, X-Pac
    SlickRic Brock Lesnar Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi Steve Austin Chris Benoit Vader Bruiser Brody Tyler Bate & Trent Seven Dynamite Kid Sable Tiger Mask Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn Paul Heyman Rock'N'Roll Express Jim Ross Tomihiro Ishii, John Kronus
    A Brad Maddox Guy Daniel Bryan Cesaro & Tyson Kidd Samoa Joe Jake Roberts Shinsuke Nakamura Jeff Hardy Diamond Dallas Page Asuka Io Shirai American Wolves Jordan Devlin Chris Hero Donald Trump Natalya Apollo Crews & Titus O Neil, Low Ki
    DM_7 Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Kazuchika Okada Kevin Owens Lashley Charlotte Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole American Alpha Sasha Banks Toni Storm The Briscoes Beth Phoenix Roderick Strong Candice La Rae Christopher Daniels & Kazarian Mustafa Ali, Corey Graves

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    And for Liz... i draft

One half of MNM and Rollins main lackeies

J and J Security

LWE now has security :p thanks Joe I can work them in ;)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    LWE now has security :p thanks Joe I can work them in ;)

Thought as much, had a few folk I thought you might like. Those two can be very versatile

As it's now the last round of picking...

The Write Ups Thread is now live. Please note the deadline for submissions (and I'll post it here too):

4 weeks after the last pick has been made.

Blargh. Tried my hardest to keep the match count down but I'm looking at 6 matches now I think. Wasn't entirely happy with my midcard like I think Mr. Guappa said recently so had rethink and rewrite. Much happier now with the direction... I think :pac:

I’m really struggling to find where Marty Scrull fits into my storylines/feds. If anyone wants him my arm would probably be easily twisted.

:pac: Assuming this is a mis-post Shag and not some devious work you have planned :D

Nope no plans. Marty free to good home and all that jazz (Well almost free. Would appreciate a trade)

To be honest I have my arc panned out and I’m going to have to pull by on any “masterplans”. At present every feud has Russo levels of swerve.

Necro wrote: »
    Blargh. Tried my hardest to keep the match count down but I'm looking at 6 matches now I think. Wasn't entirely happy with my midcard like I think Mr. Guappa said recently so had rethink and rewrite. Much happier now with the direction... I think :pac:

I may actually have up to twice the number of matches as yourself on my final card, I sh!t you not :pac:

Been busy travelling and didn't get a chance to thank you until now Al (cos of the draft I'm now imagining you as Lord Alfred Hayes btw :D ) but Grandmaster Sexaay will def have a place in my Lawler storyline.

My big problem is that I am going with the format of 1 post to set the fed up, 1 to flesh out feuds and 2 for the PPV itself. The 1 post to flesh out all these feuds might end up being a behemoth mess!

I may actually have up to twice the number of matches as yourself on my final card, I sh!t you not :pac:

Been busy travelling and didn't get a chance to thank you until now Al (cos of the draft I'm now imagining you as Lord Alfred Hayes btw :D ) but Grandmaster Sexaay will def have a place in my Lawler storyline.

My big problem is that I am going with the format of 1 post to set the fed up, 1 to flesh out feuds and 2 for the PPV itself. The 1 post to flesh out all these feuds might end up being a behemoth mess
    !

This is my problem with the restrictions on posts per person.

If I submit anything it will be most likely on the format BH mentioned above. Like BH Ill be trying to cram a lot of work i to my second post to build up the feuds. Ill look to build 3 to 4 weeks of build in this post for each feud. And my fear is it will be a long winded mess.

Id much prefer chopping this post up into 3 to 4 installments rather than squash it into 1 giant post.

Id also rather read others work in more installments. All my own preference.

The 4 post restriction, which was brought in by myself to try get more posters to submit work, doesnt work in my opinion.

In hindsight of last year , while I was delighted more people submitted work, I felt the quality of work of others suffers.

The one positive for me in those terms I must admit is that this year I may not have the time to do what I'd probably do in order to do it justice, if I was to expand that 2nd of my 4 posts (the one fleshing out feuds) to the 3 or so posts i'd usually do.

I will more so be giving the storyline, character motivations, a summary of their interactions and maybe 1/2 more in depth promos for the big feuds than say a full feud with every beat for beat of the rivalry and every word said transcribed. I should have the time to do that properly and hopefully can tell enough of a story in the 2 ppv posts to compensate for anything im missing out.

• Advertisement

Swap it around and make your PPV one big post.

I’m always amazed how you produce such fantastic writing for your PPVs every year. I generally dread writing the blow offs cause it involves match write-ups.

Give me set piece or gimmicky storylines to expand on and make entertaining no problem, but boy do I struggle to document exciting matches.

I'll admit I'm also struggling with the 4 post limit tbh, I've a couple of ideas I threw in the bin because I can't make them work within the limit.

It's a shame and I'm not sure how to change it without upsetting some people, or indeed putting them off entirely with the volume of work some like myself might produce with no limit.

I want everyone to enjoy the draft, but equally I want people to submit some form of work and hopefully vote when the time comes so I'm between a rock and a hard place. :/

I'm ok with the 4 post system and as the Nasty Shagger said above we could just make our PPV a single post (or take from the 1st post) if we really need extra feud building. I think there are probably only a few of us who will be restricted in what we write as a result and considering how many more submitted shows last year it's probably worth doing as planned.

Maybe next year we could increase it to a 5 post Max especially if like this year there are less people involved than the usual 20 again.

Swap it around and make your PPV one big post.

I’m always amazed how you produce such fantastic writing for your PPVs every year. I generally dread writing the blow offs cause it involves match write-ups.

Give me set piece or gimmicky storylines to expand on and make entertaining no problem, but boy do I struggle to document exciting matches.

Interestingly I absolutely adore writing the matches moreso than the set-ups, I love the minutiae details in scripting them.

I also love the build up stuff, I'd be the same as beaker in that I used to enjoy the 3/4 week build and then the climax at PPVs.

But - I think to be fair to all this year who may have signed up within the parameters as outlined I'm not going to make any changes this year.

As Bounty says above perhaps it should be revisited next year depending on interest and/or sign up numbers.

We're likely the minority who do enjoy the longer type of format anyways.
    If I'm still running it next year I'll definitely put some work into trying to make it more enjoyable for both sides :)

I'm all about the set-up, always feel like I struggle to write matches without making them sound samey. Gimmick matches are easier & fun to write but I find straight matches tough (could be a struggle this year given the technical wrestling strengths of my roster).

I also enjoyed writing the multiple week builds of a few years ago, at the time I was very into Total Extreme Wrestling & was doing that kinda thing for fun anyway. It was very difficult to get votes in for them though & I still think we were right to change it. I definitely wouldn't have taken part this year if it was the same as before.

With the reduced numbers taking part this year though maybe it's worth reviewing the idea of doing a two-tier competition again. Split the write-ups & roster picking entirely, everyone can vote for best roster but only people who submit PPVs can vote on them. Scrap the Overall winner award & take it that the write-up victor is the tier-1 winner. Or maybe maintain the 4 post limit but PPVs can be extended to 2 without the extra post counting towards the total. That way you've the freedom to have 2 TV shows & flesh things out a little.

I'll have my picks up in a bit, nice trade there.

I'm open to the idea of changing it if the majority want however.

As I said in the beginning I've created a number of extra Slammies for the picking phase to further entice voters.

If people want to split it and there's a majority happy to do so (with the caveat that a simple PPV card is also acceptable as an entry for those with less time than others), then I'm quite happy to do that tbh.

• Advertisement

I meant changing it for next year based on us already having reduced numbers this year. I'll not complain if the majority want it changed now but I'd not be able to use it anyway

I meant changing it for next year based on us already having reduced numbers this year. I'll not complain if the majority want it changed now but I'd not be able to use it anyway

:o Oops. Point still stands though and I'm of the mind to keep as is for this year and reassess again for 2020 based off sign ups etc.

Haha I love that recent pick of Brad's. Hussan and Trump are such natural adversaries it just works. And in today's environment, it's not quite clear who the face or heel would be :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't think the rule should be changed this year. It can always be reviewed at the end of the game. The real test for me is how many people complete the write-up stage. Let's remember the reason the changes were brought in is because we had something like 13/20 people fail to complete the game. That was a shocking statistic and the game wouldn't be sustainable for much longer if that trend became the norm where two-thirds of the players didn't feel they could finish it.

Haha I love that recent pick of Brad's. Hussan and Trump are such natural adversaries it just works. And in today's environment, it's not quite clear who the face or heel would be :D

Id see them as allies.

• Advertisement

I don't think the rule should be changed this year. It can always be reviewed at the end of the game. The real test for me is how many people complete the write-up stage. Let's remember the reason the changes were brought in is because we had something like 13/20 people fail to complete the game. That was a shocking statistic and the game wouldn't be sustainable for much longer if that trend became the norm where two-thirds of the players didn't feel they could finish it.

Oh dont misatke my vent for a declaration of change. Its just not working for me specifically. It boosted the game last year in terms of numbers, Im just struggling to adapt

Actually looked into Bockwinkel & Race myself but couldn't find 3 months in a row they teamed together so fair play on your research Slick, awesome pick this late in the game.

Mine is a little controversial but he will not be a major focus in the BWA this year but spoiler
    He is going to get his ass kicked

giphy.gif

Wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I opened up the eligibility but it's a valid pick surely.........

Never in 10 million years did I see that coming!

Actually looked into Bockwinkel & Race myself but couldn't find 3 months in a row they teamed together so fair play on your research Slick, awesome pick this late in the game.

I think Slick took them as his double pick, not as a team.
    Mine is a little controversial but he will not be a major focus in the BWA this year but spoiler
    He is going to get his ass kicked

A little controversial? Yeah, that's an understatement.

No problem with BH taking Saville, I cant talk about picks of bad taste after last year.

Can I draft another celeb this round?

No problem with BH taking Saville, I cant talk about picks of bad taste after last year.

Nope, soz. One per roster but can be drafted at anytime.

I’m hoping people will only consider it bad taste depending on how he’s used and I have no intention of giving him a high profile position on the card nor putting him over in anyway whatsoever.

I actually always found Benoit hard to pick for the same reasons as given who he was and his backstory he’d probably have to be in and around any main event scene.

Nope, soz. One per roster but can be drafted at anytime.

But with Saville and Ali has BH not got two celebs?

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I think Slick took them as his double pick, not as a team.

A little controversial? Yeah, that's an understatement.

Ahh that makes sense, had just assumed slick found some match I had missed.

Not going to use the controversy creates cash line but can’t deny it might get a few more eyeballs on my undercard, but who wouldn’t want to see Savile getting some much deserved comeuppance?

Ahh that makes sense, had just assumed slick found some match I had missed.

Not going to use the controversy creates cash line but can’t deny it might get a few more eyeballs on my undercard, but who wouldn’t want to see Savile getting some much deserved comeuppance?

Thats my Erics line .. we will sue the pants off ya

• Advertisement
Advertisement