Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW Boards Draft XII - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I've my show up now: GWA March Madness

Disappointed that I didn't get around to writing earlier, but, honestly I just found it hard to get motivated. Apathy towards the current WWE product doesn't help, but once I started writing I really enjoyed it.

Obviously, I'd ideally have liked to fleshed stuff out a bit more, bit I think I managed to get across the broad strokes of the ideas that were in my head. I'm looking forward to reading all the submitted work, and I hope people enjoy my offering.

Thanks to Necro for running this, the pick stage ran very smoothly. I can only speak personally for my own lack of motivation during the writing stage, which I'm disappointed with, but it is what it is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Won't be finished (for some reason thought the extension was the end of the weekend not today) but will throw up the unfinished PPV double post for my PPV in the next little while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry it is so short, ran out of writing enthusiasm :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Necro - NCW Natural Selection IV Preview Show -
    I like the Punk/Scurll storyline build and particularly enjoyed the part where Scurll said Punk charged 25 grand for an appearance in Chicago. That was a nice and personal line.

Thesz vs Strowman intrigues me, especially inside the Cell.

Love the New Corporation rivalry with The Bullet Club. Great idea. Interested to see how you book Sheamus vs Balor and the 4 on 4 match.

Nice take on the McCool character with the Taker gear. Keen to see where that leads.

Hardcore title match makes sense with Tazz and Blackman. Corbin's an interesting wildcard in the situation. The MMA match with Shamrock and Rampage is another good addition. I like that the card has different types of match-ups.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thanks MNG, I'll do some reviews myself shortly.

I'll be sending out voting cards to everyone tomorrow at some stage, in an attempt to conclude the draft for this year by sometime next week.

Thanks for everyone who made submissions. It's a shame a good few others couldn't get work done but can't be helped.

Maybe as MNG mentioned above we just have to accept that the writing phase is a niche part for certain posters and cater to them for that in the future while also letting those who are either too busy/not too interested also compete in the draft portion.

Hopefully a good few will vote on the Slammies, I've tried to add a few new ones for the draft portion so everyone is in some way included.

• Advertisement

Currently making my way through PMing everyone their voting cards. Once again, thanks to everyone who took part.

Just for clarity, here is what and how the votes will be tabulated this year:

Firstly, the main categories:

Best Roster

Best Write-Ups

You'll be selecting your top 10 rosters out of the 15 on display, with the weighting as follows:

1st - 12 points
    2nd - 10 points
    3rd - 8 points
    4th - 7 points
    5th - 6 points
    6th - 5 points
    7th - 4 points
    8th - 3 points
    9th - 2 points
    10th - 1 point.

As for the best Write-Ups - only 6 people submitted work so you will be selecting an organised top 6, weighted as follows:

1st - 12 points
    2nd - 10 points
    3rd - 8 points
    4th - 6 points
    5th - 5 points
    6th - 4 points

This year I'll be combining the scores from both above votes to determine our best overall and winner of the 2019 Draft.

Alongside the main category voting, I'd also direct your attention to the Slammies!!

This year, they are as follows, 13 in all!

Male Superstar of the Year
    Female Superstar of the Year
    Face of the Year
    Heel of The Year
    Best Feud
    Best Match
    Tag Team of the Year

Best Roster Pick
    LOL Moment of the Year
    Best Draft Newcomer
    Under-rated Pick of the Year
    Best Celebrity Pick
    OMG moment of the Draft

You can give a top 3 for each if you like, with weighting as follows:

1st - 5 points
    2nd - 3 points
    3rd - 2 points

Any questions or issues let me know.

Deadline for submissions for entry of voting cards will be

Sunday April 7th - which is also conveniently the day of Wrestlemania :)

Which brings down the curtain on the 2019 PW Draft with an announcement of the results sometime on Monday the 8th April.

Necro
    NCW Natural Selection IV
    I enjoyed your commentary team, each match was written very well, epic feel to them, the main event end was surprising with Punk showing up to help Scurll win, Mrs. Taker winning as Taker was (Mc)cool :P, even though he lost Braun was build up good as was winner Corbin, top ppv

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I've my show up now: GWA March Madness

Mr. Guappa
    GWA March Madness
    I like Cornette's stable aka Professional, heel Ronda works well, I would have preferred Savage winning but Mayweather and his entourage stopped that, overall a very good ppv, GWA's future plans were very pleasing

Necro - NCW Natural Selection IV: Part One -
    Well written triple threat match which had me unsure who was getting the win. Liked the spot with the trash can which would get a big pop. Didn't fancy Corbin's chances near the end but a nice twist with the run-in by Gas and Abs.

Enjoyed the Sheamus promo as you captured his personality perfectly. I was actually reading it in his voice. Great line about Princes bowing to Kings which was a nice throwback to King Sheamus.

Corporation vs Bullet Club - Liked Henry being presented strong and I'd pop for the face-off with Fale. I was pleased it came down to those two and I liked the near-fall when Fale kicked out of the Slam. I think you booked it right and I enjoyed Henry going crazy at the end.

NCW Natural Selection IV: Part Two -
    Think McCool winning was needed and you've done well to make her a more interesting character than normal.

Heel Lou Thesz is great!

The MMA match was really well laid out and I liked the dramatic finish. I was wondering would it go the distance but I think Rampage's knock-out was way more exciting. Could say it was an RKO from out of nowhere!

Great twist at the end of Part II which sets things up well for the finale. Curious to see how it concludes.

Necro - NCW Natural Selection Part 3 -
    Enjoyed the Braun promo. Once again I was reading the words in his voice.

The Sheamus Balor match was quality and maybe my favourite match on the card. Nice Mania throwback near the start with Sheamus looking for the quick win. I was convinced by several of the near-falls and was loving the finishes. I think you booked it well with the post-match attack as well by Sheamus. Great work here.

The main event was great with a twist I did not see coming. I was thinking Punk would get added to the match somehow and I thought that right up until the two smiled at each other. That was very well done. The match itself was well written too. I popped for the Thesz Press on Thesz himself.

Overall a very memorable, well written show with each match offering something different. I think this is your strongest show yet. Definitely in contention for the win imo.

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa - March Madness -
    I like the storyline for Nox and Shayna which is easy for the fans to get invested in. I think Nox winning was the sensible move.

The storyline for Liger and Rey was smart playing off their history with Rey looking to avenge his loss. No doubt this would be a classic.

Love the Professional stable and excellent use of Cornette and Severn for it too. The promos for this feud would be super. Ospreay winning is another good call.

Kairi vs Mayu would be another great bout. Big fan of these two. Mayu as part of the Professional stable would be cool and I think the finish was the right one.

Rusev vs Umaga was well thought out. Love the visual image of Cornette running from Rusev only to be blindsided by Umaga. Cornette and him would be an awesome combo. I think Professional needed the win and the way you did it leaves open the possibility of Rusev joining down the road.

Rousey with the strong win over Trish felt like the right call and I liked that you went with it.

Love the storyline for Mayweather and Savage. Great line from Floyd about Savage being a good hand but always number two. I can picture Mayweather delivering that line in such a dismissive way. I think Mayweather winning was a smart move as it would generate huge mainstream buzz and he'd be a terrific heel.

Smart future direction too with Rusev joining Professional and the Shayna/Rousey feud. Ospreay fits in perfectly with Rey and Liger while everyone would be rooting for Savage in the rematch.

Overall I think you did a great job. I can see you polling well and being in the mix for the crown.

I still have shows from BH, Liz and ABMG to read. I'll look to provide feedback soon.

MNG, I was planning on posting my review of your shows but I'm dealing with a personal issue at present, my grandmother sadly passed away a couple of hours ago.

Hoping to get a chance tomorrow to do so though, and the deadline can stay in place, funeral etc won't be for a week, possibly two at least anyways I'd imagine (England and their drawn out mourning periods are a bit weird I find).

Reminder that the deadline is this Sunday for voting :)

Very sorry for your loss.

No worries about the shows. Family comes first.

Necro wrote: »
    MNG, I was planning on posting my review of your shows but I'm dealing with a personal issue at present, my grandmother sadly passed away a couple of hours ago.

Hoping to get a chance tomorrow to do so though, and the deadline can stay in place, funeral etc won't be for a week, possibly two at least anyways I'd imagine (England and their drawn out mourning periods are a bit weird I find).

Sorry to hear, take care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Sorry to hear that Necro

A Brad Maddox Guy - WrestleRama VI Preview -
    I like the Stable of Geniuses name and having Hassan in the dynamic makes sense.

Good to see Devlin featuring in a prominent match and curious to see which man comes out on top.

Tag Team match should be a classic and I liked how you put over the historic teams of the past. I remember enjoying Gene and Ole.

I like the fact you're going with Tyson vs Joe and playing off the real life incident between the two.

Shirai vs Asuka could be the best women's match of the Draft.

Great storyline idea for the Jeff/DDP feud in referencing Jeff's history.

The main event background for Jake and Bryan is cool and has me invested in both guy's goals. Looking forward to finding out which guy gets the win.

MWA WrestleRama VI -
    I liked the Low Ki turn at the start which kicks the show off in style. Didn't see that coming but I liked it. I agree it's early days for Trump to be humbled.

I was pleased Devlin got the win. I didn't see it happening when he was put through the table, but I like that he grabbed the victory. I think he needed the win.

Cesaro and Hero winning makes sense since you have plans for Cesaro.

Tyson vs Joe was very well thought out. Loved Joe winning strong which is necessary if he's going into the title picture. Tyson not tapping and the fact he has a history with Cesaro to work with gives him options as well. This was perfectly booked.

Shirai winning I think is the right call and Asuka chasing it would be great TV.

Jeff getting the win I think is the right call again and DDP leaving makes it all the more meaningful.

Think you handled the main event spot on as well. Love the visual image of Trump scampering away from the snake and into the Yes lock. That would generate a great bit of buzz and Jake moving into a feud with Jeff is a natural next step.

Overall great job with WrestleRama and I enjoyed the read. I like the fact there was a logic to everything and that you put thought into the direction of the feuds. I can see you polling well and rightly so.

Mr. Nice Guy
    Grapplemania
    I can see why you have been a winner so many times, another epic ppv, the Wyatts as the top heel stable was written very well as was the reveal of Kim as Sister Abigail, the brexit addition was good on trend, the dream match main event was truly phenomenal, you used your roster fantastically

A Brad Maddox Guy
    WrestleRama VI
    Trump's stable against Hassan was genius, shocked by Low Ki's turn but works for future storyline, good to see Devlin win, Joe really took it to Kidd nearly murdering him, a nice go home image with Trump tapping to champ Bryan, overall a very good ppv

JP Liz - Friday Night Ignition
    I like the new role for Christian and he has the promo ability to do well in it. Owen Hart came across as a great heel. I like all the guys wanting the title which makes it feel important. Cool to see the two Smiths in a storyline together. Santina skipping by in Brooke's clothes made me laugh and is a great visual image. Nice to see Bo and the Bolieve character. I like the ending with Jannetty snapping and going crazy.

Show 2 -
    Liked Eddie eavesdropping on Owen backstage before attacking. The ladder tag match should be great. Bo winning was a nice surprise - are we leading to a Smith vs Smith match I wonder. Santino and Mr. T interacting is great T.V. I enjoyed Eddie costing Owen the win and later Owen doing the same. Also liked how Jannetty is being pushed strong.

WrestleMayhem -
    Pleased to see there is a match involving the Smiths after all. I liked the ending with Shaul leaving. The fact David refused the handshake after losing suggests there's more life in the feud.

The MCMG winning the ladder match would be a great feelgood moment.

McGuinness winning looks the right call but I do love the idea of a Mr SanT team.

Nice to see Christian getting his revenge on Jannetty who has been built well for this match. I liked the cameo role from yourself as well!

Pleased to see Eddie get the win and a nice moment with his daughter at the end.

The main event would be a great match and I liked the closing moment with the show of respect. Bo popping in for a final moment was cool as well.

Overall I think you did a great job with your draft picks with a lot of moments to send the paying audience home happy and leaving the people who ordered it at home pleased they watched. I can see you scoring strongly as it was a fun read.

I've just BH's shows to read which I'm aiming to give feedback to on Sunday and then I'll PM Necro my votes. I've enjoyed all the shows I've read so far.

Bounty Hunter
    BWA Wrestlepalooza
    Another former draft winner comes out swinging with an epic ppv, the Windham brothers war was well done, surprised the young diva Tessa won, good that Pillman won, I like how Lawler Jnr was portrayed as always felt he was underrated, plenty of talent showcased in a glorious ppv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm really enjoying reading the shows, some excellent material in there. I've just BH's left to read before thinking about my votes, and I will hopefully provide some feedback tomorrow night too.

Much like the writing phase, I had put the reading on the long finger, but once I got started it's been a pleasure.

Sorry to hear about your loss Necro, hope the family is coping well and mania can be a good distraction.

Fear I might not get my votes in, as I’ve not read a lot as I’ve been either dealing with some hospital issues with my wife (thankfully she’s all clear now) while working 2 weeks straight or traveling with a group (now) and not gotten much of a chance to read through enough. Actually haven’t been posting much on boards at all as a result recently and probably won’t get to watch mania until Tuesday night at the earliest I’d say.

Sorry to hear about your loss Necro, hope the family is coping well and mania can be a good distraction.

Fear I might not get my votes in, as I’ve not read a lot as I’ve been either dealing with some hospital issues with my wife (thankfully she’s all clear now) while working 2 weeks straight or traveling with a group (now) and not gotten much of a chance to read through enough. Actually haven’t been posting much on boards at all as a result recently and probably won’t get to watch mania until Tuesday night at the earliest I’d say.

Thanks BH, and sorry about your own issues too.

I've actually not received any votes yet so I'm happy to leave it another few days if people would like.

Sorry to hear you're going through a tough time, BH.

I've no issue with an extension, Necro. I've just BH's shows to read but having the time to reread other shows would help me make my mind up on the votes.

Ahh here lads I’m in Bali and everyone is healthy so (long couple of weeks but) no sympathy needed :)

Bounty Hunter - BWA Press Conference & Raw -
    Strong press conference to start and I liked how you introduced us to the characters of your big names. Ali will be fun to use in that role. The Pillman/Lawler storyline intrigues me and it's nice to see Haku pushed strong. Tessa helping her father was a nice touch. Enjoyed the Steamboat/Tanahashi interaction and the smirk before Suzuki's attack was a cool moment. The main event was awesome and certainly electrifying. You kicked off your new season with a bang.

BWA Recaps -
    The women's tournament is a good use of the females on your roster. Haku vs Suzuki sounds like it will be a war. Interested to see what you do regarding Savile. I liked how you brought the history of Bruno and Andre into their build. Like the generational battle of the tag teams and nice to see Pinkdiva getting a mention! Pleased to see Steamboat and Tanahashi is happening. Lawler vs Pillman's build is well done and I like the use of the Horsemen. Wondering what The King has up his sleeve. Rock vs HBK is a great dream match to be able to promote and I liked how you introduced the real life elements such as Shawn being rude to Rock's grandmother. Keen to see who wins.

BWA Wrestlepalooza night 1 -
    Pleased Barry won the pre-show bout. Was surprised Mae lost but I guess you have a better star in mind to give Moolah her comeuppance. I think a quick exit for Savile was the right call. Wasn't sure Tessa would win but I like you're pushing the younger talent. Bruno vs Andre was well thought out and I liked the references to Mania III. The aftermath with Andre was fun. Steamboat winning would be a nice feelgood part of the show.

BWA Wrestlepalooza night 2 -
    Haku and Suzuki was indeed a war and I wasn't sure which way it would go. Liked Suzuki being affected by Haku's hard head. I think both men come out of this looking strong. Tessa winning the title I think was definitely the right call and makes her a huge star in one night. Big win for Billy and Road Dogg. Pleased to see Rock pick up the win. Main event was well done and I liked Andre's moment. You've done a great job with him especially as he doesn't always get the right treatment in the Draft. Nice to see Pillman get his big victory.

Overall another quality BWA entry with a stacked card and a lot of memorable moments. I like the way you made use of the women too and Savile's appearance - which caused a bit of discussion when he was drafted - didn't end up being a problem. Great job and I can see you polling strongly.

I've read all the shows now. I enjoyed them all and it reminded me of how fun it can be to see it all come together.

Will we be having an extension for reading the shows? If yes I'll hold off on sending my votes tonight so as to read back over the entries.

Will we be having an extension for reading the shows? If yes I'll hold off on sending my votes tonight so as to read back over the entries.

Let's say yes, I'll allow another 5 days for reading?

So Friday night, 12th April.

I am glad all is ok BH, take care

As for the best Write-Ups - only 6 people submitted work so you will be selecting an organised top 6, weighted as follows:

1st - 12 points
    2nd - 10 points
    3rd - 8 points
    4th - 6 points
    5th - 5 points
    6th - 4 points

For those that submitted write-ups, should we just submit a top 5?

• Advertisement

For those that submitted write-ups, should we just submit a top 5?

Yes sorry I meant to note that :o

Meant to make this point before but only just remembered it now as I'm thinking through my votes before tomorrow night's deadline - should we not make it the case that only those who have submitted votes are eligible to win outright? Reason being if a player doesn't submit votes for other rosters but is still able to receive them from other rosters, then it's actually advantageous to not have to submit any votes, right?

It would be a bit like in the Eurovision if Ireland were able to receive votes from other countries but we didn't have to vote for them in return. We'd have a leg up on the competition.

Maybe offer 50 points free off the bat to every roster that submits votes as a way to counter any such imbalance? It might also encourage more votes.

Meant to make this point before but only just remembered it now as I'm thinking through my votes before tomorrow night's deadline - should we not make it the case that only those who have submitted votes are eligible to win outright? Reason being if a player doesn't submit votes for other rosters but is still able to receive them from other rosters, then it's actually advantageous to not have to submit any votes, right?

It would be a bit like in the Eurovision if Ireland were able to receive votes from other countries but we didn't have to vote for them in return. We'd have a leg up on the competition.

Maybe offer 50 points free off the bat to every roster that submits votes as a way to counter any such imbalance? It might also encourage more votes.

I'm fine with that, haven't actually received any votes thus far so was wondering what to do if it stayed the same and only a few voted.

Hopefully we get a decent few votes in. I'm happy with my best roster choices and I've most of my Slammy votes sorted. Just need to decide the order of the best write-ups and I'll be ready to PM it on.

I've PM'd my votes.

Rosters:-

Mr. Nice Guy Randy Orton Bret Hart AJ Styles Mick Foley Bray Wyatt The Great Muta Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes Bludgeon Brothers Gail Kim Terry & Dory Funk Jr. Demolition Fit Finlay WALTER Big Daddy Mr. Fuji, Ted DiBiase Jr. Bam Bam Bigelow, Kerry & David Von Erich

Bounty Hunter Shawn Michaels Hiroshi Tanahashi The Rock Arn Anderson & Brian Pillman Ricky Steamboat Jerry Lawler New Age Outlaws Chyna Tessa Blanchard Andre The Giant & Haku Bruno Sammartino Minoru Suzuki Moolah & Mae Young Muhammad Ali Tully Blanchard, Brian Christopher Barry & Kendall Windham, Jimmy Savile

beakerjoe Becky Lynch Aleister Black Cody Rhodes & Goldust Dusty Rhodes Ted DiBiase Road Warriors Big E & Kofi Kingston Mr Perfect (Trade) Awesome and Aja Kong KENTA Kota Ibushi Eric Bischoff Liam Neeson (Trade) War Raiders IRS, Emma Bad News Allen, Orlando Jordan

Necro Finn Balor Sheamus CM Punk Marty Scurll (trade) Braun Strowman Gallows & Anderson Shane McMahon Ken Shamrock & Steve Blackman Michelle Mc Cool Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga Lou Thesz Angelina Love & Velvet Sky Mark Henry Tazz Big Boss Man & Bull Buchanan, Pete Gas & Joey Abs Rampage Jackson, Baron Corbin

Mr. Guappa Ronda Rousey Trish Stratus Randy Savage Rey Mysterio Rusev Will Ospreay Shayna Baszler Umaga Kairi Sane & Mayu Iwatani Jushin Liger Tegan Nox & Dakota Kai Jim Cornette Floyd Mayweather Bob Sapp Jay Lethal, Dan Severn Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir, Lana

daithi1989 John Cena Pete Dunne Goldberg Drew Mc Intyre Nikki Cross Matt Sydal & Ricochet AJ Lee The Revival Carmella The Usos Dolph Ziggler & Alberto Del Rio Ryback R-Truth Enzo Amore & Big Cass Teddy Long, Rikishi Hugh Jackman (Trade), Naomi

Ruat Caelum Chris Jericho Roddy Piper Hulk Hogan Young Bucks Sami Zayn & Neville Jeff Jarrett Elias World's Greatest Tag Team Bayley Bobby Roode & James Storm Sensational Sherri Hardcore Holly Matt Cross Holy Demon Army Molly Holly, Honky Tonk Man Crash Holly, Greg Valentine

paulie21 Roman Reigns Edge Ric Flair Scott Steiner Dean Ambrose Matt Hardy Big Show Alexa Bliss Mickie James Sycho Sid & Dan Spivey MVP & Mr. Kennedy Wade Barrett Rob Gronkowski Authors Of Pain Jerry Lynn, Rick Steiner Jinder Mahal, Layla & Kaitlyn

JP Liz V1 Seth Rollins Owen Hart & British Bulldog Eddie Guerrero Christian John Morrison Austin Aries Curtis Axel & Bo Dallas DH Smith Shaul Guerrero Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin Jack Swagger Marty Jannetty Mr. T Magnus & Nigel McGuinness Noelle Foley, Jamie Noble & Joey Mercury Kozlov & Santino, Brooke Hogan

Alfred Borden The Undertaker Kane Sting John Bradshaw Layfield Ultimate Warrior Bubba Ray Dudley Lita Paige Melina Raven & Tommy Dreamer Lex Luger & Buff Bagwell Farooq & Doink Mideon & Viscera Yokozuna Reverend D-Von, Jesse Ventura The Bellas, Paul Bearer

Lord TSC Triple H Kenny Omega Batista The Miz Velveteen Dream Xavier Woods Booker T Stephanie McMahon Rosemary Joey Ryan & Scott Lost Pentagon Jr. & Fenix Peyton Royce & Billie Kay Stephen Amell Val Venis Lucha Dragons, Iron Shiek & Jimmy Snuka Hurricane & Rosey, The Boogeyman

Shagnastii Kurt Angle Tetsuya Naito Scott Hall, Rick Rude (trade) Vince McMahon Kevin Nash Rob Van Dam (trade), Zack Sabre Jnr Matt Riddle Andrade Cien Almas Zelina Vega William Regal Bobby Heenan EVIL & Sanada Kim Kardashian EC3 Carlito & Chris Masters, X-Pac Bushi & Hiromu Takashi, Rick Martel

SlickRic Brock Lesnar Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi Steve Austin Chris Benoit Vader Bruiser Brody Tyler Bate & Trent Seven Dynamite Kid Sable Tiger Mask Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn Paul Heyman Rock'N'Roll Express Jim Ross Tomihiro Ishii, John Kronus Harley Race, Nick Bockwinkel

A Brad Maddox Guy Daniel Bryan Cesaro & Tyson Kidd Samoa Joe Jake Roberts Shinsuke Nakamura Jeff Hardy Diamond Dallas Page Asuka Io Shirai American Wolves Jordan Devlin Chris Hero Donald Trump Natalya Apollo Crews & Titus O Neil, Low Ki Test & Albert, Muhammad Hussan & Daivairi

DM_7 Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Kazuchika Okada Kevin Owens Lashley Charlotte Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole American Alpha Sasha Banks Toni Storm The Briscoes Beth Phoenix Roderick Strong Candice La Rae Christopher Daniels & Kazarian Mustafa Ali, Corey Graves Rhea Ripley, Bobby Fish

• Advertisement

Couldn't get anywhere near through all the shows, haven't even finished the raw after mania tbh even though im getting back to having free time now. Therefore I didn't think it fair for me to vote and give preference to what I fully finished. Therefore I;m just going to submit a best roster vote for now.

Ok so the deadline has passed and I have received votes from 5 players (including myself). Out of respect for those who submitted the votes, I'm not going to drag this out any longer than is needed and will be announcing the results shortly.

I'm just going to do it in this thread I think rather than create another.

First up.... is Best Draft Newcomer.

A hotly contested one consistent of our one newbie....

Best Draft Newcomer for 2019

Is.....

RUAT CAELUM!!

Congrats Ruat!

Best Celeb Pick.

This contest was indeed a very close one.

Joint 1st Place - Floyd Mayweather (Mr. Guappa) & Muhammad Ali (BH) - 8 points

3rd Place - Rob Gronkowski (paulie21) - 7 points

A tie for our first slammy with votes!

Ali and Floyd Mayweather proving popular with the voters, and Gronk not far off in 3rd place too.
    Other votes were cast for Mr. T (Liz), and Donald Trump (A Brad Maddox Guy)

Well done to Mr. Guappa and Bounty Hunter!

giphy.gif

Next Up... We have...

Under-rated Pick of the Year

And a 5 WAY TIE!!

Joint 1st Place: Lou Thesz (Necro) & DIY (DM_7) & Gail Kim (MNG) & Marty Jannetty (Liz) & Baron Corbin (Necro) - 5 points

Nothing seperating the above guys, with all the above considered under rated by the voters.

Congrats to all on the most shared award in draft history (Not fact checked)!

I suggest a hardcore match to decide the actual winner.

48dcbfa8fe398be233ea64c572e85b24bf1550f0_hq.gif

• Advertisement

Coming up next we have:

Best Roster Pick

And for the first time, there's a clear winner!!

1st Place - Brian Pillman & Arn Anderson (BH) - 13 points

2nd Place - Andre The Giant & Haku (BH) - 5 points
    Joint 3rd Place - Jim Cornette (Mr. G) & Magnus & Nigel McGuinness (Liz) - 3 points

But we still can't avoid a tie for 3rd. Bounty showing his drafting skills by picking up first and second place, and a third (kinda) slammy of 2019 for him.

Pillman and Anderson runaway winners of this award. A clearly excellent pick.

Up Next we have:

Tag Team of the Year:

Can Bounty Hunter continue his reign of terror?

Well... not quite.

1st Place - Bludgeon Brothers (MNG) - 10 points

Mr. Nice Guy picks up his first outright slammy with the Brothers Bludgeon doing the biz for him.

Congrats MNG, well deserved.

2nd Place - New Age Outlaws (BH) - 8 points
    3rd Place - Motor City Machine Guns (Liz) - 7 points

Bounty still in the running here, 8 points for the Outlaws, with Liz snapping at his heels with a fine showing for MCMG. Well done guys.

lhsCe.gif

Next up and it's time for...

ImmaterialComplexAtlanticspadefish-small.gif

LOL Moment of the Year

And in 1st Place....

1st Place - Big Daddy Brexit (MNG) - 10 points

MNG with another slammy for his already glittering cabinet. A nice twist on the Brexit issue - pro wrasslin style! Congrats MNG!

2nd Place - Santina steals Brooke Hogan's clothes (Liz) - 7 points
    3rd Place - Stalker Liz shows up at WrestleMayhem (Liz) - 5 points

Liz does well here too, proving that comedy is her thang - 2nd and third place!

Well done Liz!

tenor.gif?itemid=10692456

Now we turn to...

VdRi9k.gif

OMG Moment of the Year

1st Place - CM Punk reveal/Scurll turn (Necro) - 10 points

And a slammy for me :eek: Thank you folks, another hotly contested category.

Though my choice ended in second place which was definitely a real OMG moment :D

2nd Place - Bounty Hunter drafts Jimmy Savile - 8 points
    3rd Place - Sister Abigail Kim (MNG) - 5 points

Sister Abigail Kim deservedly rounds out the top 3. Congrats to all :)

Next up:

Best Match

1st Place - Bray Wyatt VS Mankind (MNG) - 6 points

MNG picks up another slammy with his Wyatt/Mankind feud. A thoroughly enjoyable one I would have to agree.

Joint 2nd Place - Sheamus VS Finn Balor (Necro) & Ken Shamrock VS Rampage Jackson (Necro) - 5 points

And I round out the top three with two of my own matches. Thanks for the votes, folks :)

Another one for ye now:

5EJR9R.gif

Best Feud

And another TIE!

Joint 1st Place - Mayweather VS Savage (Mr. G) & Scurll VS Punk (Necro) - 8 points

Myself and Mr. Guappa share the honours for best feud, and again thanks for the votes for myself. I definitely enjoyed Mayweather and Savage a lot myself, and others agreed with me :D

3rd Place - Wyatt VS Mankind (MNG)- 7 points

And MNG rounds out the top 3 - Wyatt and Mankind getting some more deserved plaudits.

Next up:

tumblr_nlrhj2JEpF1u9ftrro1_250.gif

Heel of the Year

Only one point seperates the top two in this category:

1st Place - Bray Wyatt (MNG) - 11 points

But it's MNG's Bray Wyatt who beats out Mr. Guappa's Floyd Mayweather on this occasion. Tough to decide between the two for me personally as well.

2nd Place - Floyd Mayweather (Mr. G) - 10 points
    3rd Place - CM Punk (Necro) - 5 points

My lad CM Punk creeps in to the top 3, but way off the top two slots.

Well done folks.

And to counter the bad guys we have:

giphy.gif

Face of the The Year

Again, it's close - but...

1st Place - Mankind (MNG) - 8pts

Another slammy for MNG with Mankind as the counterfoil to Bray winning out again.

Joint 2nd Place - Randy Savage (Mr. G) & Daniel Bryan (ABMG) - 5 points

A tie then for second place - Randy Savage for Mr. G and the Yes Man D. Bryan for Brad both garnering some popularity.

Next up the ladies get a rattle at a title. And let me tell you, this was a very interesting category. It swung one way and then the other based off the incoming votes, but in the end...

WM35_04072019gd_15009.JPG?f=16x9&w=1200&$p$f$w=6f0db62

Female SS of Year

1st Place - Tessa Blanchard (BH) - 16 points

Bounty Hunter takes another slammy with his fab portrayal of Tessa Blanchard!

2nd Place - Gail Kim (MNG) - 13 points
    3rd Place - Ronda Rousey (Mr. G) - 5 points

Gail Kim and Ronda Rousey for MNG and Mr. Guappa respectively also round out the votes.

Congrats to all.

And

giphy.gif

Male SS of year

1st Place - Marty Scurll (Necro) - 10 pts

giphy.gif

Marty Scurll draws me one last slammy - thanks again folks!

Joint 2nd Place - Bray Wyatt (MNG) & Floyd Mayweather (Mr. G) - 8 points

Wyatt and Mayweather share the plaudits of second place here for MNG and Mr. G - I think there's a rivalry brewing here.

And that concludes the Slammies for the Boards 2019 PW Draft.

Next up....

BEST ROSTER

Full list of Slammy winners:
    Male SS of year: Marty Scurll (Necro)
    Female SS of Year: Tessa Blanchard (BH)
    Face of the The Year: Mankind (MNG)
    Heel of the Year: Bray Wyatt (MNG)
    Best Feud: Mayweather VS Savage (Mr. G) & Scurll VS Punk (Necro)
    Best Match: Bray Wyatt VS Mankind (MNG)
    Tag Team: Bludgeon Brothers (MNG)
    Best Pick: Brian Pillman & Arn Anderson (BH)
    LOL Moment: Big Daddy Brexit (MNG)
    Best Draft Newcomer: Ruat Caelum
    Under-rated Pick: Lou Thesz (Necro) & DIY (DM_7) & Gail Kim (MNG) & Marty Jannetty (Liz) & Baron Corbin (Necro)
    Best Celeb Pick: Floyd Mayweather (Mr. G) & Muhammad Ali (BH)
    OMG Moment: CM Punk reveal/Scurll turn (Necro)

• Advertisement
Advertisement