Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Dylan & Neil Young, Kilkenny July 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Comerman wrote:
    Are ye driving back or staying overnight? This was posted earlier

Staying at the Mount Wolseley in Tullow for a few days. So I'll be driving from there and back.

Is there maybe the a hotel I could park in a few miles away and get a taxi the rest of the way?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I was at the Hyde Park show last night. Great day out and great weather. The sound was fairly poor and the queues were huge. Shouldn't have that problem in Kilkenny

Another issue was the huge "gold circle" area which meant you couldn't get anywhere near the front and were essentially watching g the big screens.

For these reasons I'm really looking forward to Sunday.

Neil Young was great, played a full set, though he abandoned Roll another number after 1 line, not dark enough apparently.

Dylan was as he always is, I loved it but a lot of people were not all that interested which killed the atmosphere a bit.

I dont think casual fans are going to take much from the Dylan set. He started with ballad of a thin man which is class.

Like a rolling stone and girl.from the north country were other highlights.

No sharing the stage between the two of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Comerman wrote: »
    Are ye driving back or staying overnight?
    This was posted earlier

car parks include:
    St James’ Park, Freshford Road
    Orchard Bar Car Park, Johnswell Rd
    St Canice’s Hospital, Old Carlow Rd, Kilkenny
    Mac Donagh Junction
    Market Cross Shopping Centre.
    24hour City Centre car parks include:
    Market Yard
    Cathedral Square
    St Canices
    Fair Green
    Wolfe Tone Street
    Watergate,
    Library,
    Dean Street.

Thank you. Traveling back again that night as have 0630h flight to Rome to head to Perugia for the Jazz Festival [Thom Yorke, Kamasi Washington, Snarky Puppy, Nic Mason, King Crimson as well as yer standard jazz...nice!].
    Just wanted to get a sense if the city centre car parks will be jammed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is that the food van ?

mgkelly wrote:
    Thank you. Traveling back again that night as have 0630h flight to Rome to head to Perugia for the Jazz Festival [Thom Yorke, Kamasi Washington, Snarky Puppy, Nic Mason, King Crimson as well as yer standard jazz...nice!]. Just wanted to get a sense if the city centre car parks will be jammed or not.

I'm a Dub and not familiar with the set up here myself but I am assuming that the car parks will be jammed. Read somewhere (possibly ticketmaster) to allow an extra hour & a half when driving from Dublin. I don't fancy driving in bumper to bumper traffic going from one full carpark to another full carpark. I'll be in a bad mood before the gig even starts :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Comerman

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Staying at the Mount Wolseley in Tullow for a few days. So I'll be driving from there and back.

Is there maybe the a hotel I could park in a few miles away and get a taxi the rest of the way?
    Newpark shopping centre and newpark hotel are close by or look at the Glendine Inn on the Comer Road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Comerman

mgkelly wrote: »
    Thank you. Traveling back again that night as have 0630h flight to Rome to head to Perugia for the Jazz Festival [Thom Yorke, Kamasi Washington, Snarky Puppy, Nic Mason, King Crimson as well as yer standard jazz...nice!].
    Just wanted to get a sense if the city centre car parks will be jammed or not.
    Madman :-)

Orchard Bar Car Park, Johnswell Rd
    St Canice’s Hospital, Old Carlow Rd, Kilkenny
    24hour City Centre car parks include:
    Market Yard
    Cathedral Square
    St Canices
    Fair Green
    Wolfe Tone Street
    Watergate,
    Library,
    Dean Street.

All these are walking distance like the others I mentioned

Newpark shopping centre and newpark hotel are close by or look at the Glendine Inn on the Comer Road

Thanks for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Word of warning for current-day Dylan live gig virgins: you will literally do well to recognise the versions of the songs he plays.

Word of warning for current-day Dylan live gig virgins: you will literally do well to recognise the versions of the songs he plays.

Don't expect him to even address the audience either. He does things his own way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Think Newpark shopping centre has clamping signs up these days. 2 hours stay maximum I was told.

First time seeing Dylan so tomorrow could be the only time I see him. Look it's not a long journey for me and I'll try and enjoy the day no matter how he sounds. It's nice to see these guys in person

The 12.40 Waterford train better not get delayed I want to be up there and be comfortable before 2pm.

Dont forget the suncream. Its going to be hot

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Me and my friends wouldn't mind going out in Kilkenny after the gig but I realise it's a Sunday. Any chance of anywhere being open late?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    First time seeing Dylan so tomorrow could be the only time I see him. Look it's not a long journey for me and I'll try and enjoy the day no matter how he sounds. It's nice to see these guys in person

The 12.40 Waterford train better not get delayed I want to be up there and be comfortable before 2pm.

Dont forget the suncream. Its going to be hot

If he reads the Kilkenny phone book you'll still be happy- enjoy your virgin Dylan experience- I got all shaky when he came on stage when I first saw him all those years ago- he was as good as stoned for the entire concert, totally out of tune with the band- and i loved every minute of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

If he reads the Kilkenny phone book you'll still be happy- enjoy your virgin Dylan experience- I got all shaky when he came on stage when I first saw him all those years ago- he was as good as stoned for the entire concert, totally out of tune with the band- and i loved every minute of it :D

That sounds unprofessional and surprising for Bob.

That sounds unprofessional and surprising for Bob.

You are the Walrus

I am the egg man

Goo goo g'joob:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I think, he's always been that way. Saw him way back in 1990 for the first time.
    This is a pretty accurate review:

http://www.crossrhythms.co.uk/articles/music/Bob_Dylan_Live_At_Hammersmith_Odeon_London/11053/p1/

Doesn't take from the occasion of seeing him, or tarnish his legacy, but imho seeinhg him live once (or twice) is enough. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mgkelly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Don’t forget the factor 50, folks!

It’s a belter of a day here in KK.

• Advertisement

Enjoy folks going to be a great day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Would love to be going to see Uncle Neil again, sad to be sitting this one out. Enjoy seeing two all time legends, folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Looks like it's going to be a cracker of a day. I'm aiming to get down before three and get a bit of grub. Massive Dylan fan but first time seeing him live. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Just seen the running order and Neil young is due to do 2 songs with Bob Dillon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

argentum wrote: »
    Just seen the running order and Neil young is due to do 2 songs with Bob Dillon

Is that during Neils set, or on Dylan’s ? Can you share ?

I would assume its during Dylan’s set,

At the Pitch entrance, Hansard sound checking seems to have finished, about 40 here.

fafy wrote: »
    Is that during Neils set, or on Dylan’s ? Can you share ?

I would assume its during Dylan’s set,

During Dylan's

In biddy earleys now great place. The drink goes down well in this weather I'll tell u that ha.

Where to next?

At the pitch gate, Hansard finished his soundcheck a few minutes ago, about 50 here, baking !!

• Advertisement

No pit for those wondering

Advertisement