Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Dylan & Neil Young, Kilkenny July 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

Anyone find a seating plan? Contemplating the expensive tickets but I need to know they are in a really good spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

See post 33
    Some of the most expensive tickets appear to be uncovered, so bring a raincoat, as it'll be July in Ireland..

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭InsideatAnimo

Sorry to be stupid, but I did look at the seat plan on Post 33...

Tickets which indicate "GRASA H seats x...y" is that way at the end furthest from the stage??

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Got a standing ticket for the aul lad this morning no bother, I will be abroad so cant make it. Hopefully the good Dylan will show and Neil will be up to his usual antics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

18573s.jpg

Here's the seating plan from ticketmaster.

GRASA H seats x...y
    That's Ardan De Gras block H row x..y
    Your seats would be at the end where the stage is.
    x&y are in the blue section so covered, and close to the front of that section. Good seats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Get me tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

The lack of a seating plan for this is ridiculous

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

2 posts above yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

s8n wrote: »
    The lack of a seating plan for this is ridiculous

Ticketmaster posted the seating plan about an hour after tickets went onsale. I also posted a link to the seating plan (post 33) not to mention again two posts above yours!

Ridiculous! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭biddy21

Did anyone get tickets for €76? I logged onto ticketmaster at 9.01 and the cheapest ones available were €100. Just wondering was there any available at €76?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

There was, friend in work got some via the archives presale, all the seats priced 76 were in block Z.

Logging in at 9:01 is never a good idea when tickets go on sale at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Plenty of tickets available available at 100+ at least.
    Seems to be selling well, but thought it would be sold out after 2 days of sales.

Neil is due to announce other European dates in the coming weeks apparently, he can play the Marquee in Cork hopefully, plenty of free slots at it, and he has played there a few times before.

I'd say the €76 tickets will make an appearance if sales are bad. Dylan played to a half empty crowd in Thommond Park in 2010 and Neil played to a half empty RDS in 2013.

Nowlan Park capacity is 30 odd thousand so I'd imagine there will be tickets floating around closer to the time. I don't think €100 is too bad a price, considering it'd be about €80 to see each of them separately. If Dylan has an off night, it's safe enough to say Neil will rock the place!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

Has anyone who bought presale tickets through NYA been able to print them out yet?
    I see this message when I log into my Ticketmaster account........Your tickets aren't quite ready to print yet...
    We’re working with the event organisers on a few final details, before we can make your tickets available. Please check back later.

I've sent a query to Ticketmaster but no idea how long they take to respond

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I'd say the €76 tickets will make an appearance if sales are bad. Dylan played to a half empty crowd in Thommond Park in 2010 and Neil played to a half empty RDS in 2013.

Nowlan Park capacity is 30 odd thousand so I'd imagine there will be tickets floating around closer to the time. I don't think €100 is too bad a price, considering it'd be about €80 to see each of them separately. If Dylan has an off night, it's safe enough to say Neil will rock the place!!!

Yup. Tickets will be like confetti come July.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Has anyone who bought presale tickets through NYA been able to print them out yet?
    I see this message when I log into my Ticketmaster account........Your tickets aren't quite ready to print yet...
    We’re working with the event organisers on a few final details, before we can make your tickets available. Please check back later.

I've sent a query to Ticketmaster but no idea how long they take to respond

You might be better off contacting them by phone, but if its a xmas gift, you have an email confirmation at least. Maybe the doors opening and stage times are not yet finalised, who knows, either way, it looks like this is beyond the control of TM, who are after all just agents of Aikens the promoter, and the gig isn’t for nearly 7 months, so this wouldn’t be that unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭recyclebin

fafy wrote: »
    You might be better off contacting them by phone, but if its a xmas gift, you have an email confirmation at least. Maybe the doors opening and stage times are not yet finalised, who knows, either way, it looks like this is beyond the control of TM, who are after all just agents of Aikens the promoter, and the gig isn’t for nearly 7 months, so this wouldn’t be that unusual.

They announced the gig just before Christmas so hopefully we can print them out before Santa comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

recyclebin wrote: »
    They announced the gig just before Christmas so hopefully we can print them out before Santa comes!

Santa is bringing Panic at the Disco tickets to mine...
    No tickets received, but we his elves will make up a nice letter, letting the kids know that the tickets are on their way ... :p

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

The Nal wrote: »
    Yup. Tickets will be like confetti come July.

tenor.gif

Don't get too excited, if ticket sales are that bad they'll cancel the gig.
    So anyone planning to go, buy a ticket!

Message to Promoter, add Van Morrison to the bill :cool:

comet wrote: »
    Don't get too excited, if ticket sales are that bad they'll cancel the gig.
    So anyone planning to go, buy a ticket!

Message to Promoter, add Van Morrison to the bill :cool:

I doubt it'll be cancelled, as I said before I've seen both play to half empty stadiums (two great gigs mind you), the show will go ahead as planned, and Bob & Neil will hold their end of the bargain.

Neil in the RDS was pretty odd as half the pitch was fenced off and covered with black bags. Why not just let people in at that stage!?! Kinda killed the atmosphere a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

Whats Dylan at really? He has to supplement all his kids? can't his back catalogue do that for him? Shuffles on, no 'hello', 'thanls', 'bye' - and you've no clue what the song is - it could be something 'like a rolling stone' till he's a third of the way into it.

Cue Neil Young playing a load of **** the vast majority haven't heard to a stadium.

both WELL past it. but kilkenny is a nice city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Cue Neil Young playing a load of **** the vast majority haven't heard to a stadium.

That is simply not true, check out his setlists to inform yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

Neil Young in the Marquee Cork a few years ago was amazing. His encore was Beatles A Day In The Life!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Dylan at the 3 arena last time was very good too. If you want someone to talk to the crowd and interact between songs etc there are plenty of artists out there who will do that but Dylan and Neil Young are not among them.

My main fear is that there are a lot of people who will be expecting a greatest hits package from both which is probably not what we are going to get but I do expect a very good gig. I'm going to London too so it will be interesting to compare the two performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Whats Dylan at really? He has to supplement all his kids? can't his back catalogue do that for him? Shuffles on, no 'hello', 'thanls', 'bye' - and you've no clue what the song is - it could be something 'like a rolling stone' till he's a third of the way into it.

Dylan is known for playing a song to a totally different tune, maybe he likes to mix things up. He always has great musicians with him too, the man likes to tour and play, fair f**ks to him for being able to do it at his age. The last time he played the Marquee in Cork he was in great form.

I'll agree with you on one thing however, Kilkenny is indeed a nice city ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Its Bob Dylan. He's never gonna take requests from the crowd.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    just cant justify paying that much for a seated ticket (€181, €156), its not like the seats in Nowlan Park are wonderful they are glorifed bucket seats

might try for a standing ticket closer to the day if i can go

I got seated for Dylan years ago at Nolan Park (the brilliant concert, not the sh1te one). Ended up on the pitch as was too far away from where i wanted to be. Might be different arrangements for this gig so be sure you can walk onto the pitch if seated (unlikely you'll know in advance).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"WELL past it"

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Anyone with a spare Archives code for Hyde Park they can PM me :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Can't comment on Neil Young, but jaysus, I saw Dylan in 06 I think, in Nowlan Park too actually, and he was about 15 years past it then. Abysmal, like the worst live performance I've ever seen.

Cannot believe he's still at it. He seemed like he should have been in a retirement home or on life support in 06 he was that incoherent and bad.

Advertisement